1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

Grade the Amari Cooper trade

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Risen Star, Mar 12, 2022.

?

What grade would you give the Amari Cooper trade?

Poll closed Mar 19, 2022.
  1. A

3.0%
  2. B

6.3%
  3. C

19.1%
  4. D

27.2%
  5. F

44.4%
  1. StarLord

StarLord Active Member

123 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    Trading him rather just releasing is great, but they get an F. They allowed the overarching situation to become what it was. Genius management making it so we had this cap situation with this many free agents... completely and utterly unacceptable. I'm trying to think about it from their point-of-view. I guess the entire play was to have a 1 year window with a new DC and Dak recovering from season ending surgery... I don't get it.

2. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

7,929 Messages
    10,588 Likes Received
    Never thought I’d see fans crying about losing a WR who quite frankly played with no drive at all. Couldn’t care much less about winning or losing. His talk, his body language. My God. Good WR yes. Worth the money, not even close. I’ll bet 20 million Cleveland figures out the same thing!

LittleD and Aerolithe_Lion like this.
  3. Trajan

Trajan Well-Known Member

1,819 Messages
    1,279 Likes Received
    We gave up a 1st for him. Dallas should have done some up front analysis of Amari and not wasted a 1st for him. Dallas also paid the guy, our front office deserves an F- for this whole debacle.

Rogerthat12 likes this.
  4. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

12,830 Messages
    12,389 Likes Received
    MOST people were for signing Zeke while I said it was a mistake.

MOST people said Parsons was a bad pick, i didn't.

MOST people said we wouldn't sign Hooker or Kazee last year and we ended up with both.

Let this offseason playout before we jump off buildings...

5. SlammedZero

SlammedZero Well-Known Member

13,360 Messages
    34,625 Likes Received
    F.....................this front office.

6. Bobhaze

Bobhaze Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    12,659 Messages
    45,328 Likes Received
    I know many think getting a 5th was too low. But I’m actually shocked any team was willing to trade when they could have had Cooper for free when the Cowboys released him. Every team knew he was not going to be in Big D.

Cooper’s an excellent receiver. But even though he’s been valuable here, he’s not what he once was. He’s not a top 25 receiver in this league. That’s not all his fault as Dak slumped late this year.

But folks he’s averaged 12 yards a reception 2 straight years, avg 57 yds a game the last 9 games this yr, (despite having 105 targets this year) had less YAC than Dalton Schultz, Cedric Wilson, Tony Pollard, and even Zeke! He’s basically become a possession receiver. He’s good, just not great.

Hate to say it, but we as Cowboys fans tend to rate our players higher than the rest of the league.

LittleD likes this.
  7. atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    15,145 Messages
    20,643 Likes Received
    The only way to judge a trade is to ask: did the team get better or worse? It appears the team is worse today losing its best WR for a meager 5th round pick. Fact is that Jerry and Stephen continue to suck at the wheeling and dealing game.

CWR likes this.
  8. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

7,929 Messages
    10,588 Likes Received
    yes they do for the trade and the contract. Poor decisions as usual. But even with that the contract still had to go. You don’t just keep compounding the situation!

9. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

13,846 Messages
    7,342 Likes Received
    So my thoughts...

A week ago, we were releasing Amari Cooper and getting nothing for him. I didn't think it was the best of moves, given we could create cap space in other ways

Today, we trade him...to the AFC...and get a 5th round pick. In addition, that cap space *sounds* like it will be used to re-sign Michael Gallup. If we resign him, I'd say maybe a C+. I'd rate the trade even higher if we were going to be aggressive and sign Bobby Wagner, but since we're already out of the running, it's meh

10. Floatyworm

Floatyworm The Labeled One

19,466 Messages
    17,424 Likes Received
    Waste of a #1 pick......

Strum said it best.....

TINGS21, Bobhaze, kskboys and 2 others like this.
  11. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

35,982 Messages
    38,762 Likes Received
    Same grade I gave when we traded for him, D. We gave up a 1st plus for a WR who always had some nagging injuries and who we were going to have to immediately pay a fortune for. Stupid stupid stupid.

12. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

53,211 Messages
    80,405 Likes Received
    D

Tangle_Foot and kskboys like this.
  13. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

6,948 Messages
    9,736 Likes Received
    F

Another embarrassing moment in an embarrassing offseason.

Bobhaze likes this.
  14. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

14,763 Messages
    1,827 Likes Received
    I don't think most said Parsons was a bad pick lol.

Signing Zeke also wasn't about his talent it was about that amount of money going to the RB position..and i think most would agree we shouldn't have spent that much.

Coop is an elite player. There's no doubt about that. Inconsistent at times sure.

LittleD likes this.
  15. JohnnyTheFox

JohnnyTheFox Achilleslastand

8,954 Messages
    17,211 Likes Received
    Look on the bright side, still not as bad as the Joey Galloway or Roy Williams trades.

16. ak47kaehu

ak47kaehu Well-Known Member

3,356 Messages
    3,464 Likes Received
    What's lower than an F? G? I give them a G-!

kskboys likes this.
  17. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

16,843 Messages
    11,455 Likes Received
    Hurts because Gallup will be gone also. But that was a lot of money

18. tico

tico Well-Known Member

2,411 Messages
    1,503 Likes Received
    Why do we air our dirty laundry on players before we try to trade them? Or we announce we're going to cut him but we want high picks? We sabotage ourselves. Poker face morons!

kskboys, Bobhaze and CowboyChris like this.
  19. Loso86

Loso86 Well-Known Member

3,354 Messages
    2,784 Likes Received
    Won't be able to know until a year or so from now

20. TheDude

TheDude McLovin

11,097 Messages
    9,382 Likes Received
    No A+++++++?

Now we can get another CB

kskboys and Risen Star like this.