Grade the Amari Cooper trade

What grade would you give the Amari Cooper trade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
B. Considering everybody knew we would cut him getting a fifth is something. Use it on the all world punter and I'm happy.

Everyone knew we would cut him *because* he wasn't worth his contract. A team is spending a 5th for the option to spend 20mil to keep him on their roster, I guess in case his play turns around in preseason so that he's worth 20mil. Which he *may*.

I was hovering between B and C. Finally took C. But you're right. Should have been B.

LittleD

Reaction score
Geez, most of you whiners don't live in the real world of economics. If you get paid a great salary for performing at a level of company expectations and don't you get
demoted or fired. Cooper got paid like a top 5 alpha receiver and didn't perform that's all. It was a bad contract but not as bad as Zeke's.

stinkface

Reaction score
Honestly, what choice did they have? Too much money based on production (course you could say the same about Zeke), but you can't have both him and Zeke making that much money so one had to go and Zeke would have been even a bigger hit. I give it a C. Problem with Cooper is part Cooper always being dinged up and part our Yippy QB. Hell, I think if we had won the Super Bowl last year Coop would still be gone.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Geez, most of you whiners don't live in the real world of economics. If you get paid a great salary for performing at a level of company expectations and don't you get
demoted or fired. Cooper got paid like a top 5 alpha receiver and didn't perform that's all. It was a bad contract but not as bad as Zeke's.

Maybe Cooper could have performed like a top 5 alpha if the QB was not throwing dirt balls all over the field or taking sacks left and right. Last time I checked a WR cant throw the ball to himself.

Cooper was 38th in the league in targets, so how was he supposed to put up top 5 numbers if 37 other WRs are getting more balls thrown to them?

The Rams sure figure out how to get Kupp the ball, dont see Kupp 38th in the league in targets. Dont tell me Cooper was a scrub because he didnt put up top 5 numbers when there are #2 and #3 WRs in this league getting more targets per game than Coop was.

Big_D

Reaction score

Yet people talk like he’s already in the hall of fame. lol if you’re paying a WR 20 plus, he better be in the realm of 1400 and double digit scores. Again good WR, but the way his value is completely over inflated on the forums is laughable at this point.

lwehlers

Reaction score
Cowboys - 2019 1st round draft pick that could have been Deebo Samuel among others.
the cowboys would not have been able to know how to use samuel the way the niners do. garrett would have sent him on deep routes and samuel would have just caught two passes a game.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
we're lucky we got anything for him since the baby dak cried to perv jerry about cooper disrespecting him in public.
Dez got bounced out of the league for wanting the ball in the huddle.
Beasley ended up in the AFC after saying guys were open.

it's a wonder cooper didn't get a permanent ban from the NFL for disrespecting the baby dak in public.

Kumbaya

Reaction score
C

As a Giants fan, I’m glad Dallas has one less weapon playing against my boys, but it seemed my boy Bradberry did a decent job keeping him under wraps for two years.

I guess if you feel his production was less than his cap number, getting rid of it was more important than the draft selection received, but it seems to me Dallas could have at least gotten a 4th for him.

Big_D

Reaction score
He was going to be released outright. Yet they found ONE schmuck team dumber than Jerry willing to take on that salary! Yet some act like there were 3rd round offers out there.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do we air our dirty laundry on players before we try to trade them? Or we announce we're going to cut him but we want high picks? We sabotage ourselves. Poker face morons!
Jerry and Stephen’s constant public running of their mouths undermines the team in so many ways. They tell everyone they’re going to release Cooper, immediately plunging his value when teams know they could get him for free. The evidence is overwhelming- these guys are football idiots.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Imagine someone from 2017 called and said you’re about to trade a first for Amari cooper, extend him for a 5/1000m deal. Then trade him for a 5th

I’d be like wow what happened did he get arrested or get injured or something?

they’d be liek no. He’s 27 and the best route runner In The league. Good teammate. Etc.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
He was going to be released outright. Yet they found ONE schmuck team dumber than Jerry willing to take on that salary! Yet some act like there were 3rd round offers out there.
I think the annoyance is the roster management overall that lead to this. They got fans like wow we get to keep demacrus Lawrence heyyyyyy but in acTuality they should be looking for young competition and apprentices for Lawrence and coop and these guys. Not jsut cut/replacement. That’ll never work, it’s asking too much outta new players.

Micah parsons was the aberration.

Big_D

Reaction score
Imagine someone from 2017 called and said you’re about to trade a first for Amari cooper, extend him for a 5/1000m deal. Then trade him for a 5th

I’d be like wow what happened did he get arrested or get injured or something?

they’d be liek no. He’s 27 and the best route runner In The league. Good teammate. Etc.

Just not worth the money. The stats don't marry up and yet only 1 team out of 31 willing to take on that salary! People talk like the entire leasgue was lining up for their shot at greatness.

Big_D

Reaction score
I think the annoyance is the roster management overall that lead to this. They got fans like wow we get to keep demacrus Lawrence heyyyyyy but in acTuality they should be looking for young competition and apprentices for Lawrence and coop and these guys. Not jsut cut/replacement. That’ll never work, it’s asking too much outta new players.

Micah parsons was the aberration.

They had to unload that salary and spread the money. There is no other way. Lawrence and Zeke are unfortunately here for another year, but those contracts are next. The team wasn't competing as is. That wasn't changing if they keep Cooper and the cap hit.

Eddie

Reaction score
Jerry Jones at his best. Give up a 1st rounder for him, and get a 5th (while swapping 6th) while trading him away.

What a trade. How many playoff wins did Amari help us win? I forgot. None.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Just not worth the money. The stats don't marry up and yet only 1 team out of 31 willing to take on that salary! People talk like the entire leasgue was lining up for their shot at greatness.
The league determined the contract we gave him was over paying? More bragging rights for our front office!

LittleD

Reaction score
Maybe Cooper could have performed like a top 5 alpha if the QB was not throwing dirt balls all over the field or taking sacks left and right. Last time I checked a WR cant throw the ball to himself.

Cooper was 38th in the league in targets, so how was he supposed to put up top 5 numbers if 37 other WRs are getting more balls thrown to them?

The Rams sure figure out how to get Kupp the ball, dont see Kupp 38th in the league in targets. Dont tell me Cooper was a scrub because he didnt put up top 5 numbers when there are #2 and #3 WRs in this league getting more targets per game than Coop was.

I don't apologize for Dak either. He's not nearly worth the money he's paid. He's certainly not a top 5 alpha.

LittleD

Reaction score
Yet people talk like he’s already in the hall of fame. lol if you’re paying a WR 20 plus, he better be in the realm of 1400 and double digit scores. Again good WR, but the way his value is completely over inflated on the forums is laughable at this point.

So true but, the whiners on this board think the cap is inflatable without consequences.