Grade the Starting Defense

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Taco has more sacks this season than DLaw. The D scored an F last week. I would give the defense a C- for the season so far

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Quinn- 7.5/10
Lawrence- 7.5/10
Collins- pass- 7/10 run- 1/10
Woods- INJ
LVE- 4/10
Jaylon- 3/10
Byron- 7/10
Awuzie- 4.5/10
Brown- 6/10
Heath- 6.5/10(cant believe he's played so well)
X Woods- 5/10
You seriously have Jaylon as the worst player on our defense? I definitely think LVE has played worse than him so far. Heath is definitely not a 6.5/10. Awuzie hasn't been terrible either. He just needs to get his head around and find the ball.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You seriously have Jaylon as the worst player on our defense? I definitely think LVE has played worse than him so far. Heath is definitely not a 6.5/10. Awuzie hasn't been terrible either. He just needs to get his head around and find the ball.

LVE had played better than him in all four games until the Packers game where LVE either played hurt(I'm hoping this is the case) or just lost his mind.

Heath is definitely a 6.5 considering how I graded the others, hhe's been one of our best defenders. Which is surprising considering how bad he's been in previous years.

John813

Reaction score
LVE had played better than him in all four games until the Packers game where LVE either played hurt(I'm hoping this is the case) or just lost his mind.

Heath is definitely a 6.5 considering how I graded the others, hhe's been one of our best defenders. Which is surprising considering how bad he's been in previous years.

There were several times LVE was visibly in pain in the Saints game. Not sure if that carried over and/or he just blew reads all afternoon vs the Pack.

Agree on Heath. He's been solid all things considered.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
There were several times LVE was visibly in pain in the Saints game. Not sure if that carried over and/or he just blew reads all afternoon vs the Pack.

Agree on Heath. He's been solid all things considered.

I can't believe that Heath is playing like this. It's not super stud level by any means, but my expectations were lowwwwww.

dcstar

Reaction score
Not good. Hope someone somewhere gets it figured out.

Nuff said.

Go Cowboys!

fifaguy

Reaction score
D

Apparently can only contain the worst teams in the league. Not stop. Not control.

Contain.

Horrified by the entire unit with the exception of Byron Jones.

The Hot Boyz and Van Jaylon should unequivocally be completely ashamed of themselves.

Heard a new nickname for them this morning here on the board and I'm sticking with it. The cold boyz.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Through 5 games:

2018 - 1687 total yards, 1208 passing, 479 rushing, 19.2 ppg allowed, 4 turnovers, 15 sacks. Our offense scored only 16 ppg in the first 5
2019 - 1609 total yards, 1102 passing, 507 rushing, 18 ppg allowed, 4 turnovers, 12 sacks. Offense is scoring 26.2 ppg in the first 5

Very little difference in where we are today vs at this point last year on the defensive side of the ball.
Thank you sir. That's crazy nobody on defense looks as good or better than last year except heath. This suprised me big time.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Grade them- good, average or bad

tank- average. Bad
Quinn- average. Good
Collins- bad. Average
Woods- incomplete.
LVE- bad. Bad
Jaylon- bad. Average
Chido- average. Bad
Woods- average. Average
Heath- woods. Average
Jones- average. Average.
Brown- bad
. Average

acer941

Reaction score
Jones, gets an "A"????? For what, please tell me!

Team’s still shy away from throwing his way. Which means he’s still performing pretty well.

If my memory serves right M. Thomas only caught 1pass on Jones and that was on a crossing route with traffic. Even in the Commanders game T.McLaurin caught a lot of his passes on Cheeto.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they have quit on Richard...he seems to get in everyones face and alienate everyone....and the players know...his scheme is poop. Hence why they are not going all out...forcing a change to be made. :rolleyes:

Richard's another Rico tale .......

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Maybe it is me, but when I watch the Patriots play their DB's are stuck all over the WR's and every single pass is a contested, difficult to catch, ball has to be perfectly thrown to complete, endeavor, and I PREFER that. Maybe I am alone who knows? But, I cannot stand how our DB's play. Hardly ever contests the pass, bad passes, poorly thrown balls, all are welcome because the WR can and usually catches them. I prefer attacking, pressing, in your face all over you style. If you beat that then you deserve it. This panzy lay off, soft zone Bull Stink is tiring.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
7th in points allowed. Yes a bad week last week, and yes we haven't exactly played the greatest offenses in the world. However it isn't like were last in the league in defense.

I thought we started blitzing Rodgers a little to late last week. He had his top wr out. Yes i know he can make you pay, but when we blitzed i feel it was working. You have to trust your corners can cover the likes of valdez scantling, allison and jimmy graham.

That is where i think we messed up last week.