Grammys, if anyone cares

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Holy majoly, so they finally got it right for once. Billie Eilish won Record, Album, and Song of the year for “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go”?, one of the most impressive musical debuts in well... ever. A sleek, modern, killer dark-pop and art-pop record with some catchy songs, but overall is a dark and morbid effort. I was worried they were going to give it to a safe bet (acclaimed and beloved R&B artist Lizzo) or the generic-yet-acclaimed-rock band (the awesome Vampire Weekend), but no. They gave the major awards to an 18 year old girl. An 18 year old girl swept the major awards... because guess what? She earned it.

There is hope for the Grammys after all.

Good on you, Grammys.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Holy majoly, so they finally got it right for once. Billie Eilish won Record, Album, and Song of the year for “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go”?, one of the most impressive musical debuts in well... ever. A sleek, modern, killer dark-pop and art-pop record with some catchy songs, but overall is a dark and morbid effort. I was worried they were going to give it to a safe bet (acclaimed and beloved R&B artist Lizzo) or the generic-yet-acclaimed-rock band (the awesome Vampire Weekend), but no. They gave the major awards to an 18 year old girl. An 18 year old girl swept the major awards... because guess what? She earned it.

There is hope for the Grammys after all.

Good on you, Grammys.

I must admit not knowing who the heck Billie Eilish was before hearing Bad Guy. I still haven't heard much of her work but Bad Guy had such a unique sound to it that I loved it immediately. Congratulations to her.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I only know Billie Eilish as a musical guest on SNL....She was okay.
The only reason I know who she is is due to someone making a big stink about her not knowing who Van Halen was.

Personally, I think the only reason people get butt-hurt about stuff isn't because they are butt hurt, but because they want whatever satisfaction "they" caused an "Internet stir". People like to hear themselves talk.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I must admit not knowing who the heck Billie Eilish was before hearing Bad Guy. I still haven't heard much of her work but Bad Guy had such a unique sound to it that I loved it immediately. Congratulations to her.

I had seen the name, hadn't heard anything until this past weekend when I listened to that song. Well, I turned it off halfway through so I didn't fully listen to it. The chorus was kinda catchy in that it will get randomly get stuck in your head kind of way but otherwise didn't really care for it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only awards shows I watch are the ones that the foreign press awards because there are always drunks wandering up to get their award. This year, Brian Cox weaved his way for 5 minutes trying to get there, took so long that by the time he got there, he forgot why he was there. Every year, you can count on at least 3 or 4 being drunk when they go to the stage.