Great point by Bradie James

Nav22

Reaction score
http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/multimedia_center.cfm?id=B6C50D2B-F671-1EEA-2A61DCDB9FB462D4

Postgame interview with James. Towards the end of the clip, he talks about the difficulties of game-planning for this game, with the Bucs having recently firing their offensive coordinator.

After being asked about it...

"We're not even really supposed to talk about that, but it was tough preparing for these guys, because you don't know what you're going to get from their offensive coordinator.

"I mean, you gotta be realistic. They fired their guy from preseason, so what are we looking at (film-wise)? We're looking at the Rams... this coordinator was the Rams coordinator two years ago. But it was different personnel. So you're just out there playing, almost like sandlot, basic football. Trying to be aggressive, get to the QB.

"We knew what they were doing by the 2nd half. But before coming in, we really didn't know."

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
let's hope this is the case and not James just talking

but it makes sense, so he's probably telling the truth

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Interesting quote, and I don't necessarily read this as an excuse, either.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Makes sense..kinda like a pitcher brought up from the minors that no one really knows about. No scouting report and you basically have nothing to go on.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, who were the other teams that fired their offensive coordinators and how did they fare today? Kansas City scored 24, right? Buffalo plays tomorrow ... was there another?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I mistakenly thought Tampa would flat out suck in 2009.

Today they didn't. Not sure why people think this is a horrible team. 9-7 last year just like us.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RainMan;2939914 said:
Out of curiosity, who were the other teams that fired their offensive coordinators and how did they fare today? Kansas City scored 24, right? Buffalo plays tomorrow ... was there another?
Just those 3.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Sit down Bradie. You sucked today. Own up to it.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2939913 said:
Makes sense..kinda like a pitcher brought up from the minors that no one really knows about. No scouting report and you basically have nothing to go on.

sophmore slump

JBS

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2939913 said:

crazy, I LITERALLY just got done watching this video..so it is funny that their is a thread about this..and I also related it to a team facing a pitcher for the 1st time...The bottom line is we will know after next week if that was the case or if this defense just simply needs to get better..It is my opinion that there is a lot of merit to what Bradie said.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
glorydaysrback;2939921 said:
crazy, I LITERALLY just got done watching this video..so it is funny that their is a thread about this..and I also related it to a team facing a pitcher for the 1st time...The bottom line is we will know after next week if that was the case or if this defense just simply needs to get better..It is my opinion that there is a lot of merit to what Bradie said.

Next week they will have this weeks game film on him. This excuse can only apply to this week.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Hostile;2939915 said:
I mistakenly thought Tampa would flat out suck in 2009.

Today they didn't. Not sure why people think this is a horrible team. 9-7 last year just like us.

That and if Williams is back then the league had better take notice. People can talk all they want about poor tackling but Williams and Ward runni9ng hard downhill had a huge part in that. The open field stuff was brought to the turf quickly.

JBS

Reaction score
dmq;2939924 said:
Next week they will have this weeks game film on him. This excuse can only apply to this week.

I was referring to our matchup with the Giants, not Tampas game with whomever they play

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
dmq;2939918 said:
Sit down Bradie. You sucked today. Own up to it.

No kidding. Did he pull out the same excuse when he got chumped by the Ravens on consecutive plays last season? Bradie's run stopping ability has always been overrated.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
There's no excuse next week. There should be vaults of gametape on Gilbrides offense. I will let this slide and happily take the dub but this cannot happen again. We got lucky with some poor throws.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Nav22;2939907 said:
http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/multimedia_center.cfm?id=B6C50D2B-F671-1EEA-2A61DCDB9FB462D4

Postgame interview with James. Towards the end of the clip, he talks about the difficulties of game-planning for this game, with the Bucs having recently firing their offensive coordinator.

After being asked about it...

"We're not even really supposed to talk about that, but it was tough preparing for these guys, because you don't know what you're going to get from their offensive coordinator.

"I mean, you gotta be realistic. They fired their guy from preseason, so what are we looking at (film-wise)? We're looking at the Rams... this coordinator was the Rams coordinator two years ago. But it was different personnel. So you're just out there playing, almost like sandlot, basic football. Trying to be aggressive, get to the QB.

"We knew what they were doing by the 2nd half. But before coming in, we really didn't know."

Basic football .... like tackling? Is he admitting that he lacks basic football skills?

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
I'm not buying it Bradie.

The last three drives for Tampa: 14 points off of two 11 play drives. And they had another drive end on downs, which would have resulted in points had Winslow not drop a easy 4th down conversion.

We really had them figured out by then eh Bradie?

It's not like they threw the wildcat at us. This wasn't a Miami Dolphins/New England type deal.

They pounded the ball down our throats. Doesn't get any simpler than that.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
At the end of the day, its still about winning your individual matchup. It doesnt matter what scheme Tampa is using if the front 7 is beating the guy in front of them and creating havoc in Tampas backfield. My problem is that along our defensive front 7 we have Ware, Ratliff, sometimes Bradie and then 4 JAGs. I really wish we would play Hatcher more than Igor and hope he turns a corner, because we really need his upside. You can say Hatcher hasnt done anything to deserve a starting spot, and you may be right, but Anthony Spencer was just handed a starting spot without doing anything to earn it other than be drafted highly, so its not like this is unprecedented.

And I already have a Pavlovian response to facepalm anytime the ball is thrown near Jenkins vacinity. I have a feeling hes going to give us all ulcers this year.

robjgrif

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2939909 said:
let's hope this is the case and not James just talking

but it makes sense, so he's probably telling the truth

Well it does make me feel better. Thanks B. James. I will sleep better tonight! :D