Great video on Georgia LB prospect R Smith

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Brett Kollmann makes, by far, the best You Tube scouting videos. This one on Smith is excellent. Great player but not the type of LB Dallas needs given they already have Lee and Smith. Enjoy...

DBOY3141

Reaction score

Brett Kollmann makes, by far, the best You Tube scouting videos. This one on Smith is excellent. Great player but not the type of LB Dallas needs given they already have Lee and Smith. Enjoy...

Lee has 1 or 2 years left of solid play and by solid play I mean 12-13 game seasons. I would not trade up for Smith, but if there at 19, will run to get him. Lee is unreliable. Smith...jury still out on the leg.

superonyx

Reaction score
This guy will not be a good MLB in a 4-3 defense.
Is he so special that we need to spend our first round pick on a guy who will ultimately play OLBer?

I think we have dropped the ball on LBers in free agency. We have Navarro Bowman sitting there to fill a huge hole we have and we have done nothing.

I don't think Roquan Smith is a good fit for us and i doubt he is the pick.
We already have Jaylon Smith who isnt tough enough to take on OL in the middle. Do we really need another guy like this? Nah.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Lee has 1 or 2 years left of solid play and by solid play I mean 12-13 game seasons. I would not trade up for Smith, but if there at 19, will run to get him. Lee is unreliable. Smith...jury still out on the leg.

Funny, you go through why all the LB's we have are inadequate then say you wouldn't trade up for a player you like.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Funny, you go through why all the LB's we have are inadequate then say you wouldn't trade up for a player you like.
because we need multiple good players, so I'm not a fan of trading up in the 1st round. unless it's a QB, the value to me isn't worth it.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Would agree but even though Dallas is one of the dumbest teams in the league they know where Jaylon Smith is health-wise. This guy is a Will. IMO Lee and Smith are also best running down plays. The Cowboys were dumb enough to make Lee a Mike in a 4-3. Almost cost him his career. Much healthier and better player not taking on Gs all the time. Still think Dallas needs to get stouter on D so wish that DT and MLB (a true MLB) would be the focus. We'll see.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Would agree but even though Dallas is one of the dumbest teams in the league they know where Jaylon Smith is health-wise. This guy is a Will. IMO Lee and Smith are also best running down plays. The Cowboys were dumb enough to make Lee a Mike in a 4-3. Almost cost him his career. Much healthier and better player not taking on Gs all the time. Still think Dallas needs to get stouter on D so wish that DT and MLB (a true MLB) would be the focus. We'll see.
Lee is still missing games as a WILL and that will most likely not change as he gets older. I'm not confident with the Cowboys medical staff, so I'm not sure they really know how Smith's foot is going to heal up. We 100% need more DL and LB's. Lot of good DL/LB's in this draft, would love to have Smith, but I'm trading up for him and losing a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Or, at least, I hope we jump on him at 19. He recently joined Peter Griffin as the only 2 people to successfully make Belichick smile.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

See I disagree.

1st.. Anything Lee and Smith give you is just a bonus. You can't depend on Lee's health and i'm not depending on Smith to be anything more then a jag until his foot shows otherwise.

2nd.. Teams spread you out so it forces you to be in Nickel. Just make Roquan and Lee your nickel backers.

blueblood70

Reaction score
why bother drooling hes a cant miss top 10 pick, it would be a miracle if we traded up from 19 to 9 wheres hes being mocked to get him or any other player like Derwin James etc..lets talk about who are realistically in our range ..if we do trade up how far can we risk to pay and give up Picks to get a guy? Im thinking they wont go up [past 15 price is too high but if one of their guys is slipping i can see them go up 3-5 spots to get him..

Whyjerry

Reaction score
See I disagree.

1st.. Anything Lee and Smith give you is just a bonus. You can't depend on Lee's health and i'm not depending on Smith to be anything more then a jag until his foot shows otherwise.

2nd.. Teams spread you out so it forces you to be in Nickel. Just make Roquan and Lee your nickel backers.

I seem to remember the Eagles running for over 200 yards and gashing the Cowboys time and time again. That game effectively ended the season. They need to get tougher up the middle.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I seem to remember the Eagles running for over 200 yards and gashing the Cowboys time and time again. That game effectively ended the season. They need to get tougher up the middle.

Agree but I would start with the Nose Tackle position for that department.

A guy that can eat up a block or 2 and keep the linebackers clean.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Agree but I would start with the Nose Tackle position for that department.

A guy that can eat up a block or 2 and keep the linebackers clean.

I agree. Vea is the guy for me. If not I go for Settle in the 2nd.

cnuball21

Reaction score
This is EXACTLY why I don't want to draft him as a MLB.

If we want him to be a WILL and move LEE to MIKE, go for it.

If we draft him to play the MIKE, he'll get exposed.

DanA

Reaction score
There aren't too many athletes like him that have his sort of football brain and character. If he's there at 19 I would strongly consider taking him and having him drop weight and move to safety. I'm not saying he's Woody, but this guy is faster and more fluid than Barry Church ever was, I don't think it's a stretch to say he could play as a safety in this team and make a big impact.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
There aren't too many athletes like him that have his sort of football brain and character. If he's there at 19 I would strongly consider taking him and having him drop weight and move to safety. I'm not saying he's Woody, but this guy is faster and more fluid than Barry Church ever was, I don't think it's a stretch to say he could play as a safety in this team and make a big impact.

I haven't watched him that closely. How is he in coverage?

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
If we want him to be a WILL and move LEE to MIKE, go for it.
I would strongly consider that. We moved Lee to WILL to keep him healthy, which hasn’t happened. And he’ll be turning 32 in July anyway. Play him at MIKE and let Roquan roam.

DanA

Reaction score
I haven't watched him that closely. How is he in coverage?

PFF ranked him second behind Skai Moore for LB's in coverage. Moore is 218lbs and more of a hybrid SS/LB though whereas Roqoun weighed in at 238lbs at the combine though I think he played at about 230lbs. Anecdotally, I think he looks good enough IMO to make the switch.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I would strongly consider that. We moved Lee to WILL to keep him healthy, which hasn’t happened. And he’ll be turning 32 in July anyway. Play him at MIKE and let Roquan roam.

Just don't draft him and play him at MIKE and waste him like we are with Jaylon.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Pass on that severely limited duck.