Greater emphasis on keeping Irving

cowboyec

Reaction score
Marcus Davenport,DE-Utsa....a 6'7 DE with his head screwed on right....I'll take it.

Section446

Reaction score
Considering he's a suspension away from a year away, I don't think we have to worry about anyone giving up a second for him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Then watch him go to LA and have a 15 sack season? If this forum isn’t miserable enough already

Personally, I would sign him. But not long term. Great thing about both guys is we can take a flyer and get another year out of them.

Reactions: BAT

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
My plan: tender Irving at the second round level, let him walk and take the pick.

Cut Dez, then use the bonus second round pick to trade up for Calvin Ridley.

I know I'm dreaming, but this would be awesome IMO.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Marcus Davenport,DE-Utsa....a 6'7 DE with his head screwed on right....I'll take it.

He won't be available with 19th pick if he blows it up at combine. The mediots already comparing him to Ware.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
My plan: tender Irving at the second round level, let him walk and take the pick.

Cut Dez, then use the bonus second round pick to trade up for Calvin Ridley.

I know I'm dreaming, but this would be awesome IMO.

Are you a member of the Jones's family??

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I think the position of the team is pretty simple, at least from what I've observed. If we get a 2nd, he's gone. If we don't, we are going to leverage his stupidity into a more team friendly contract.

Simple as that, to me.
Talk about stupidity, letting Irving walk for a 2nd rounder!! Irving compares extremely favorably to all the top DT. I know Jerry does not value defense the way he does offense( they put on a good show ),but we have the making of a very good, if not dominant D, if we can just keep our core guys( Hitch and Irving ) and possibly add a player or to in the draft or free agency. Platinum gold guarantee: if we allow Irving to walk he will lead the league in sacks and pass deflections for his new team. Bonus guarantee: if Hitch is allowed to walk he will lead his new team in tackles. This D has the making of something special!!! Keep it together and add a player or 2.

Verdict

Reaction score
I think the position of the team is pretty simple, at least from what I've observed. If we get a 2nd, he's gone. If we don't, we are going to leverage his stupidity into a more team friendly contract.

Simple as that, to me.

Well said. Sounds pretty accurate as well.

Verdict

Reaction score
Irving is the most talented interior lineman in the NFL short of Donald, that's worth the entire 2009 draft and then some tbh.

He is talented but apparently unreliable in various ways. That has to be factored in. It doesn't matter how many sacks he could get if he is suspended.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas has had a hit or miss with a second round picks. Give me the player that is arguably more of a play maker than Demarcus Lawrence. To me it’s just stupid that they are thinking of moving on from him.
It's not just a 2nd round pick.

Long term it's either Irving at 12+ million per year or a 2nd round pick AND a free agent at 12+ million per year.

It might be a choice of Irving or one of these options:

A: 2nd plus top free agent 1-tech

B: 2nd plus DE Ansah

C: 2nd plus top free agent WR

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The talent is useless if he gets another concussion. And given the severity of his one last year, he has a greater chance of getting one in the future.

It’s a situation that i believe has the Cowboys hesitant.
Sydia-- after listening to some comments regarding this issue i too have changed my view of possible severity of the concussion issue with Irving.
but then again just because a player has one concussion does not indicate he is more likely than any other player of having one in near future...pro football will always be a bredding ground for concussions unless the drastically change the game in which the mystique will be gone that we all love the violence of the game...hey man its football not tiddly winks....might as well watch "curling" or ping pong...we love watching guys knock each other around

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And no one is giving up a first round pick for Irving.
Sydia--- personally i strongly feel Irving is drastically under rated...i thought initially when we got him in 2015 because of his heigth that he would have either neck or back issues...but so far never heard anything that says he does?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's not just a 2nd round pick.

Long term it's either Irving at 12+ million per year or a 2nd round pick AND a free agent at 12+ million per year.

It might be a choice of Irving or one of these options:

A: 2nd plus top free agent 1-tech

B: 2nd plus DE Ansah

C: 2nd plus top free agent WR
mr xwalker----- your photo of dallas line annhilating the seahawk line and Murray driving a semi through it as he runs the ball is still priceless

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
comes down to reliability. I agree he definitely flashes but buyer beware on those type of players. My sense is that Irving will be productive on field but miss time due to assortment of random and non-random events.
mr Wood--- i cannot disagree with you...but i was hoping maybe a better tailored made coaching influence might mitigate off field concerns

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
David Irving

Pros - good player when healthy or not suspended
- cheap

Cons - he is rarely not injured or suspended
- Dumb, thought it would be a good idea to brag about a 3 way ,on valentines day, online.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I know I'm dreaming, but this would be awesome
Getting rid of your most productive DL for a second round pick AND THEN using that pick to trade up for a player that will likely need time to immediately contribute sounds like my nightmare.