Greater Threat: Steelers or Ravens?

HogsRLegends

Reaction score
Ok, I think we can safely say that the NFC West is probably the worst division in football...but the Ravens and especially the Steelers are playing really solid football and they have tough defenses and we all have to play them. I wouldn't be shocked if the Steelers take the Giants down in a couple weeks at Heinz Field. They looked bad against Philly, but they beat Jacksonville impressively on the road in a game that was much more dominating then the score would indicate. Ravens nearly beat what many are calling the best team in the AFC this past weekend as well.

Curious to see your perspective as Cowboys fans as to how you think they match up against the East.

Boysboy

Reaction score
HogsRLegends;2315715 said:
Ok, I think we can safely say that the NFC West is probably the worst division in football...but the Ravens and especially the Steelers are playing really solid football and they have tough defenses and we all have to play them. I wouldn't be shocked if the Steelers take the Giants down in a couple weeks at Heinz Field. They looked bad against Philly, but they beat Jacksonville impressively on the road in a game that was much more dominating then the score would indicate. Ravens nearly beat what many are calling the best team in the AFC this past weekend as well.

Curious to see your perspective as Cowboys fans as to how you think they match up against the East.

Baltimore is better, I think, b/c the Pitt OL is AWFUL. Big Ben was still getting killed against Jax the other night. I think the rest of the NFCE will beat Pitt.

If Big Ben continues to take a beating like this, he may not even last the season.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I don't know if Big Ben will be able to withstand the Giants pass rush, The FA loss of Faneca and Kendell Simmons achillies injury really leaves them shorthanded, look how the Eagles battered him around. The Ravens are OK, But is anyone scared of Joe Flacco, A rookie QB from Delaware?.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Pittsburgh is an enigma to me. What are they? Besides injured.

As far as baltimore goes, its the same old. Tough defense but limited offense.

We have to go to pitt in december so that makes our game with them more difficult.

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2315786 said:

We have to go to pitt in december so that makes our game with them more difficult.

That Joe Flacco kid is looking good. Yeah-he's a rookie and has made a couple of critical mistakes the last 2 weeks, but overall, for a rookie, he HAS played well, and looks like he WILL be the future for Baltimore, instead of another guy they got from playing musical chairs QB.

Plus the Ravens are much better coached this year.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2315735 said:
I don't know if Big Ben will be able to withstand the Giants pass rush, The FA loss of Faneca and Kendell Simmons achillies injury really leaves them shorthanded, look how the Eagles battered him around. The Ravens are OK, But is anyone scared of Joe Flacco, A rookie QB from Delaware?.

Wow you aint kidding.... its only a matter of time before Ben is completely broken into two.

Props for the toughness... what a beating he is taking.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
If Ben is still healthy then it's Pittsburgh. Sorry but the Baltimore team doesn't have an offense that even remotely bothers me. Pittsburgh can at least move the ball and put up points. So, yeah, I'd be a lot more worried about them.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Both are overhyped, but I'd say Pittsburgh would be tougher to beat. I'll take the experienced Super Bowl winning QB over the rookie any day.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
theebs;2315786 said:

Baltimore is playing defense like this team should be imposing there will

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Well, limited offense or not, Baltimore has never had problems putting up points against us.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Baltimore is 0-2 against teams that have a victory under their belt. They let games slip from them. They have a rookie QB who is playing like a rookie QB. they have a defense so a team with a defense can beat any team at any time, but they just don't have enough. Plus with the style they play, the refs definitely look at them more for possible penalties. They will get some called that they don't deserve.

Pitt just seems to win games they shouldn't. Maybe it is that they are making great adjustments. And Ben, although I hate him, is a beast. Major props to him. With Ben behind center, Pitt is the more dangerous team.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Pittsburgh easily. They have by far the superior QB and the potential on any Sunday to put together a very balanced and potent offensive attack. As someone said earlier, Baltimore still is a huge ? offensively.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
baltimore but really it doesnt matter with either one those teams yes we gotta beat them but im worried about the cardinals(cause thats who we play next) the giants and Commanders

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
I don't think either team is better than any of the teams either of our teams have to play 6 times this season.

Philly, Washington, and NY are all better than Pittsburgh.