Greatest heavyweight bout of all time

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was at the Tyson, Holyfield ear fight... I actually stood next to them at the press conference, little guys but both great and icons! I still think Ali is the best.

RaZon

Reaction score
I was at the Tyson, Holyfield ear fight... I actually stood next to them at the press conference, little guys but both great and icons! I still think Ali is the best.

Little guys?

Actually the best heavyweight fight I have seen was George Foreman vs Ron Lyle, recommend a Google search.

One of the interesting stories is that of Tom Molineaux who was a plantation fighter. He won so much $$$$ for his owner he was granted his freedom ended up over in Europe fiighting for the world title.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Little guys?

Actually the best heavyweight fight I have seen was George Foreman vs Ron Lyle, recommend a Google search.

One of the interesting stories is that of Tom Molineaux who was a plantation fighter. He won so much $$$$ for his owner he was granted his freedom ended up over in Europe fiighting for the world title.
5'10" and 6' .....they could have both been welterweight.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Thrilla in manilla....both men were not the same after that....the amount of punishment inflicted by both on each other bordered death...

terra

Reaction score
Thrilla in manilla....both men were not the same after that....the amount of punishment inflicted by both on each other bordered death...
That has been talked about a few times over the years. Frazier clearly was never the same. With Ali it was hard to tell but I think you are right.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Yep, in his prime there was nobody he couldn't whip.

Everyone always says that, i've never understood it.

He was 23 years old when Douglas beat him in Tokyo. He fought during a period of time when the heavyweight division was at it's lowest in at least a couple of decades.

The only real heavyweights he fought after the Douglas fight were Razor Ruddock, who was sort of good but no comparison to the 70s crowd, Holyfield who was a pumped up light-heavy and he couldn't beat him, Lennox Lewis, who was the first real heavy he fought and Lewis destroyed him, it was like a man versus a child.

Larry Holmes was the best i've ever seen in his prime (i believe Ali's prime was the 60s and i didn't get a chance to see him) his hands were the fastest i've ever seen as a heavyweight.

Nobody hit harder than Foreman and under proper management he would have ruled the late 70s, amazing to see him have such a late career rebound both in and out of the ring.

Go take a look at Tysons Wiki page and scroll through the list of fighters he faced during his career, it's a sad lot.

RaZon

Reaction score

He was 23 years old when Douglas beat him in Tokyo. He fought during a period of time when the heavyweight division was at it's lowest in at least a couple of decades.

The only real heavyweights he fought after the Douglas fight were Razor Ruddock, who was sort of good but no comparison to the 70s crowd, Holyfield who was a pumped up light-heavy and he couldn't beat him, Lennox Lewis, who was the first real heavy he fought and Lewis destroyed him, it was like a man versus a child.

Larry Holmes was the best i've ever seen in his prime (i believe Ali's prime was the 60s and i didn't get a chance to see him) his hands were the fastest i've ever seen as a heavyweight.

Nobody hit harder than Foreman and under proper management he would have ruled the late 70s, amazing to see him have such a late career rebound both in and out of the ring.

Go take a look at Tysons Wiki page and scroll through the list of fighters he faced during his career, it's a sad lot.

Ali won an Olympic gold as a light heavy, his hand and foot speed on a totally different level than anyone he faced as a heavy.

Tyson was an animal, his punching power was something else, how anyone other than Ali who would out cute him stood a chance? And if Ali ever decided to stop and fight he gets knocked out.

Story about Foreman, as a kid growing up in the Houston ghetto he would walk up to grown men and......give me some money or I'll kick your butt. True story.

waving monkey

Reaction score
That simply isn't true, 49-0 Rocky Marciano
there's no way to know but I believe Ali would murder him and Tyson. Now your comment may have meant something different then how I took it I dont know

RaZon

Reaction score
It doesn't work that way, ya always go with dominance of era, hell HS kids would blow Jesse Owens away today, but that doesn't matter.

RaZon

Reaction score
Just saw the Fury vs Wilder fight, not bad with both guys having their moments. The outcome in doubt heading into the 11th round, which is always good with heavyweights knowing all it takes is one punch.

Who is left for Fury, hell....Braun Strowman?