Green Bay Packers star Aaron Rodgers reportedly forced to accept new coaching hire: 'Don't be the pr

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is the undisputed face of the Green Bay Packers, both revered in Wisconsin and talked about more broadly as perhaps the best current NFL quarterback, but an in-depth report Thursday focused a white-hot spotlight on a drama-filled decade -- dominated by the dysfunctional relationship between the signal caller and his former coach, Mike McCarthy.

And the confusing and often counterproductive ways are apparently not in the rear-view mirror: Already this year, Rodgers was informed Matt LaFleur had been hired to be the new coach by team president Mark Murphy only moments before the franchise told the public who McCarthy’s successor was going to be, a source told Bleacher Report, which published the deep dive into the Packers.

After the surprising news was delivered, Rodgers paused, according to Bleacher Report, and Murphy used that space to hammer home to Rodgers that the franchise's $134 million quarterback needed to accept LaFleur.

“Don't be the problem,” Murphy reportedly told Rodgers. “Don't be the problem.”

Rodgers didn’t take part in any interviews with the Packers’ coaching candidates and ESPN reported in January that Rodgers only made a call to LaFleur during the process. The Packers’ front office didn't believe it needed to seek Rodgers' approval or even input before selecting a new coach, according to Bleacher Report.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/gree...-accept-new-coaching-hire-dont-be-the-problem

Sammy

Reaction score

He should have said "R-E-L-A-X"

I don't speak to my mother either. Sometimes there is good reason. Just read the news, you know that many parents aren't perfect, and a significant percentage of them are abusive. IMO emotional/verbal abuse is worse than the physical stuff, and that often makes relationships toxic even after the kid grows up. Some of us have to estrange ourselves from that situation for the good of our own mental health.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I found out all I needed to know about Rogers when I found out he has zilch to do with his family. I don't care what anyone says the reason is there is no acceptable world where you cut off your parents from your life. In the dictionary next to douchebag is ARog's picture
I agree that Rogers appears to be a ****** but I disagree that there is never any reason to cut off your parents. I don't know his situation but some parents are freaking horrible. I know a few. Blood doesn't give you the right to **** on someone.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Stupid way to run a franchise. McCarthy and Rodgers didn't like each other so you force a new HC on him and tell him to deal with it. Since I hate GB and Rodgers I love it.
Since when does a player run an organization? The only reason now they don’t cut the ******* is he is a good QB.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
I agree that Rogers appears to be a ****** but I disagree that there is never any reason to cut off your parents. I don't know his situation but some parents are freaking horrible. I know a few. Blood doesn't give you the right to **** on someone.

You know anything about his parent, AR's upbringing? I can think of a few, very damn few, reasons to treat one's parents like they never existed. I can't see this being any of those. I'd be willing to wager my new Kubota tractor that AR's parents didn't meet the standard for the treatment they have received.

For the record my father abandoned me until I was 15. A real piece of work that guy. I still acknowledged him and was courteous to him until he died.

Now for sure this is not worth us, as Cowboy fans , arguing over and I'm not. I'm just pointing out how petty and small it is to hold grudges, to have no forgiveness.. And to not acknowledge one's family . Apparently AR is like this with his coaches too.

The picture he presents is one of a low character POS. IMHO of course !

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
You know anything about his parent, AR's upbringing? I can think of a few, very damn few, reasons to treat one's parents like they never existed. I can't see this being any of those. I'd be willing to wager my new Kubota tractor that AR's parents didn't meet the standard for the treatment they have received.

For the record my father abandoned me until I was 15. A real piece of work that guy. I still acknowledged him and was courteous to him until he died.

Now for sure this is not worth us, as Cowboy fans , arguing over and I'm not. I'm just pointing out how petty and small it is to hold grudges, to have no forgiveness.. And to not acknowledge one's family . Apparently AR is like this with his coaches too.

The picture he presents is one of a low character POS. IMHO of course !
Damn, dude, sorry about your situation with your Father and I didn't mean any offense. I'm not here to argue. I was just saying some parents suck and I really don't know Rodger's situation. My parents were awesome and my Dad died last year but I had friends and girlfriend's whose parents abused them, so I see the other side. I'm talking about physical and sexual abuse. You're right about holding grudges over small stuff. No one should do that. Have peace, brother. I wish the best for you.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is the undisputed face of the Green Bay Packers, both revered in Wisconsin and talked about more broadly as perhaps the best current NFL quarterback, but an in-depth report Thursday focused a white-hot spotlight on a drama-filled decade -- dominated by the dysfunctional relationship between the signal caller and his former coach, Mike McCarthy.

And the confusing and often counterproductive ways are apparently not in the rear-view mirror: Already this year, Rodgers was informed Matt LaFleur had been hired to be the new coach by team president Mark Murphy only moments before the franchise told the public who McCarthy’s successor was going to be, a source told Bleacher Report, which published the deep dive into the Packers.

After the surprising news was delivered, Rodgers paused, according to Bleacher Report, and Murphy used that space to hammer home to Rodgers that the franchise's $134 million quarterback needed to accept LaFleur.

Rodgers didn’t take part in any interviews with the Packers’ coaching candidates and ESPN reported in January that Rodgers only made a call to LaFleur during the process. The Packers’ front office didn't believe it needed to seek Rodgers' approval or even input before selecting a new coach, according to Bleacher Report.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/gree...-accept-new-coaching-hire-dont-be-the-problem
Those spoiled rotten prick bass turd cheese dripping packer-backers fans of that franchise are long overdue for their 40 years of lost& pointless wanderings in the search of " NO quarterback Mans land" ,,,OH,YA!,,,,waypast & long over due,TOO!:oldcouple:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
He should have said "R-E-L-A-X"

I don't speak to my mother either. Sometimes there is good reason. Just read the news, you know that many parents aren't perfect, and a significant percentage of them are abusive. IMO emotional/verbal abuse is worse than the physical stuff, and that often makes relationships toxic even after the kid grows up. Some of us have to estrange ourselves from that situation for the good of our own mental health.
Ha! & a huge double barrel Har! Man,I'd give just about all I got to hug&talk to my mother one more time,,,er,,, whom by the way was chasing me out the back door to apply another,,,
( probably, much needed A** whipping on me as a 10 y.o. ) who ,when seeing I was rapidly outdistancing her, scooped up a Louisville slugger baseball bat laying in the grass on the fly in her pursuit,,,&,,, sidearm winged it at me,,, fortunately for me , my innate operational coolest of dudes screen, lit up in time ,warning me to " check my six" just in time to see her salvo it off,,, granting me the opportunity of avoiding death at an early age by taking a hi-speed slide under the #1 big spruce tree ( we had a successive string of progressive growth's planted parallel alongside the garden area,as I was heading fer' the tall uncut A.O.) just in time to see this ball bat go " Woof-Woof-Woof" in extra slow rotational motion about 2 foot straight square up above my nose, striking & breaking off limbs of that spruce tree upon impact simultaneously as I' d slid under it,,,Ha!,,, and about DAD?,,, I owe it to all to Jesus I wasn't just another 13 y.o. shotgun slaying parent killer,,,o_O toughen up buttercup:lmao:

exciter

Reaction score
I found out all I needed to know about Rogers when I found out he has zilch to do with his family. I don't care what anyone says the reason is there is no acceptable world where you cut off your parents from your life. In the dictionary next to douchebag is ARog's picture
So after the crap Tyron's family was doing to him a few years back, you don't think cutting them off was the right move?

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
So after the crap Tyron's family was doing to him a few years back, you don't think cutting them off was the right move?

What do you want from me ... ?

I gave my opinion on AR and about how to act toward people and one's family . . . the answer you seek is encapsulated in all that I wrote.

exciter

Reaction score

I gave my opinion on AR and about how to act toward people and one's family . . . the answer you seek is encapsulated in all that I wrote.
Nothing! Just making the point that some people have perfectly good reason to cut family ties. Mentioned Tyron as an example, as his people were extorting money from him at one point early in his career!

exciter

Reaction score

Oh, and have you ever heard the stories about Drew Brees and his mother? To hear him tell it she's a full blown nutter!

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Uh bull****...my ex's mom is an absolute nut bag not only is she a drug addict but she's mentally ill and is incredibly unhealthy for her daughter. When my ex was in rehab trying to get her life together her mom drove her drugs to her rehab and got her kicked out. I could go on and on and on but sometimes there's valid reasons not to allow toxic people in your life regardless of who they are. Your parents might be decent but that doesn't mean everybody else's parents/and or family is like that. You shouldn't allow people in your life if they are toxic and will always find ways to bring you down. ONLY after my ex dropped her mom from her life did she finally start to have a normal life and be a productive member of society. My ex cutting her out of her life though was followed by 3 years of harassment from CPS and false allegations. My ex's mom was finally arrested for filing false charges and charged with felonies. She almost single handedly ruined our relationship, at least we're healthy and happy though. If you think you should allow people like that in your life then you just haven't experienced it.
Now with Rodgers it's probably because he's a total piece of crap but saying that ANYBODY who would cut off their parents is wrong...yeah no.

jrumann59

Reaction score
so you must hate Tyron Smith also?