Green Bay's O-Line gets away with another one

MikeB80

Reaction score
I dont usually make threads but I have to for this. Third and 8, game on the line and seattle's season on the line.

The packers center gets away with an obvious blatant hold and the right tackle has complete grasp of the facemask. Both should have been called creating a third and long. Both calls are missed. How can both calls be missed? Just like in 16 on the cook play when irving was held. Ridiculous.

img

HungryLion

Reaction score
I dont usually make threads but I have to for this. Third and 8, game on the line and seattle's season on the line.

The packers center gets away with an obvious blatant hold and the right tackle has complete grasp of the facemask. Both should have been called creating a third and long. Both calls are missed. How can both calls be missed? Just like in 16 on the cook play when irving was held. Ridiculous.

49376449833_e0585b1886_k.jpg

incredible. Almost identical hold in that it was a DT coming right up the middle too.

I want San Fran to win next week. Badly.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
how can a still be misleading on the right tackle grabbing a hold of the facemask? he either did or didn't and the image shows he did.

it was a penalty.
Can be does not imply all situations. Also, a penalty requires more than what a still will be able to show (a grab AND turn). And the photo was difficult to make out. I couldn't even be sure he had the FM.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Can be does not imply all situations. Also, a penalty requires more than what a still will ne able to show (a grab AND turn). And the photo was difficult to make out. I couldn't even be sure he had the FM.

its a hands to the face in the trenches...you can't go to the face mask like that and he is grabbing it.

just rewatched the play again...he held the facemask for about 2 seconds and about 3 steps...his head goes completely to the left.

it was blatant.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
its a hands to the face in the trenches...you can't go to the face mask like that and he is grabbing it.
Blurry picture. And if it just grabs it for an instance will not be hands to the face.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Can be does not imply all situations. Also, a penalty requires more than what a still will be able to show (a grab AND turn). And the photo was difficult to make out. I couldn't even be sure he had the FM.

How do you arrive at that conclusion when the defender's target (A Rodgers) is to the right and the d-tackle's face is to the left where the facemask is originating from ?