Green Bay's O-Line gets away with another one

Kevinicus

Reaction score
You responded to me. I responded to your response. Pretty straight forward.

My post was a response to Mike that there was a hands to the face penalty. It had nothing to do with whether you find value in “stills” or not.
Sorry, I got a lot of responses quickly and thought you responded to me. Mike did, however.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
so you are going to make me post the video in order to convince you? maybe dont be difficult.
Uh...yeah, that was the point, that a still is not good evidence so I couldn't form an opinion. I'm not going to go looking it up.

Maybe backup your thread with good evidence?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Sorry, I got a lot of responses quickly and thought you responded to me. Mike did, however.

No problem. I wasn’t trying to be negative either. I honestly just meant, hey go look at the video. It looks like a penalty to me. Again, not that it matters. Plenty of penalties go uncalled every game.

I actually agree that stills alone are not enough to know for sure what happened in most instances.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
No problem. I wasn’t trying to be negative either. I honestly just meant, hey go look at the video. It looks like a penalty to me. Again, not that it matters. Plenty of penalties go uncalled every game.

I actually agree that stills alone are not enough to know for sure what happened in most instances.
Knowing the Packers, I would not be surprised by them getting away with murder. But as you say missed calls happen all the time.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
XRIUJjylmh29r4V.jpg

k19

Reaction score
You guys do understand that there’s holding on EVERY play, right? If you want to watch everything in slow motion and point it out that’s fine. I just thought I’d save you some time.

CPanther95

Reaction score
It's the "NFL 100" season. I could have told you before the season started that the Bears, Cardinals, Packers or Giants were going to win the SB.

MikeB80

Reaction score
You guys do understand that there’s holding on EVERY play, right? If you want to watch everything in slow motion and point it out that’s fine. I just thought I’d save you some time.

ok but how often can a right tackle who is about to get beat grab a face mask, hold it, pull it and then not get a flag right in front of the official?

holding can be a judgement call where they lean on letting them play....the grabbing of the face mask absolutely not.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Sorry, but I am not seeing a facemask pull there.

Tell me what quarter and time was left and I'll pull the HD video and make a GIF.

for real? The right tackle grabs reeds face mask pulls it and yanks his head, its clear as day and I just encoded that at 720p and uploaded it that way so it is HD.

and its the 4th qtr with 1:50 to go

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I dont usually make threads but I have to for this. Third and 8, game on the line and seattle's season on the line.

The packers center gets away with an obvious blatant hold and the right tackle has complete grasp of the facemask. Both should have been called creating a third and long. Both calls are missed. How can both calls be missed? Just like in 16 on the cook play when irving was held. Ridiculous.

The question is, do other teams lose similar calls in the same context?

Maybe, much like the NBA, refs "let them play" at the end of the game, and GB has figured it out, so they hold more at the end.

On the bright side, we now have McCarthy.

MikeB80

Reaction score
The question is, do other teams lose similar calls in the same context?

Maybe, much like the NBA, refs "let them play" at the end of the game, and GB has figured it out, so they hold more at the end.

On the bright side, we now have McCarthy.

but its not about holding its about the face mask that was grabbed and pulled.

nobody

Reaction score

Tell me what quarter and time was left and I'll pull the HD video and make a GIF.

Full screen in, from about 8 seconds to 11 or 12 seconds, it's blatant facemask/hands to the face. It even forced a turn of the head of the defender.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Don’t you think it would fall under illegal hands to the face. Unless one is making the argument that it was incidental.