Green Bay's O-Line gets away with another one

Creeper

Reaction score
Every time I watch the Packers play it amazes me how much holding their offensive line gets away with. When I compare some of the blatant holds not called to the calls against the Cowboys I am even more amazed. How does a ref not call this face mask penalty against the Packers, yet call Frederick and Smith for tripping? It tells me, they must have been looking for those tripping calls with intent. The question is why? My suspicion is Belichick told the refs to look for it before the game.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Can't touch the facemask...Hands to the Face rule...also known as the Erik Williams rule...
It's not merely "touching."

It is a foul if an offensive blocker:

1. Thrusts his hands forward above the frame of an opponent to forcibly contact him on the head, neck, or face; or
    Note: Contact in close-line play is not a foul, unless it is direct and forcible, or prolonged.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
There were several instances where their RT was clearly moving before anyone else that wasn't called either. I saw one where the OL had his hand on side of defenders helmet pinning the head against the opposite shoulder. Ref standing about 10ft away. It is beyond bad when obvious things happen over & over.

Scotman

Reaction score
Same thing happen to us on the Rodgers to Cook play in the 2016 playoffs. David Irving getting blatantly held right in front of the refs yet no flag.

screen-shot-2017-01-15-at-9-59-20-pm-1.vadapt.767.high.0.png

dallas-cowboys-defensive-tackle-david-irving-appears-to-be-held-on-picture-id631901578
Nothing to see here...if you are an official.