Greg Hardy 1st UFC fight 1/19

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Going down tomorrow night in Brooklyn. Should be very interesting plus the card is pretty good!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's on ESPN+. He's in the co-main, which is crazy for a debut fighter. The first UFC card on ESPN. Quite a showcase for Hardy.

Jerry is a believer.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hardy loses by DQ. He illegally kneed his opponent while he was down and he couldn't continue.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
It's on ESPN+. He's in the co-main, which is crazy for a debut fighter. The first UFC card on ESPN. Quite a showcase for Hardy.

Jerry is a believer.

That's what pissed me off. Thought this UFC deal was on a regular ESPN channel..I watched the prelims and that was it. I'm not paying for espn+

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I'm an occasional casual viewer of UFC. Can someone explain why that was a DQ move? It's a serious question as I don't know all the rules so I was a bit confused.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I'm an occasional casual viewer of UFC. Can someone explain why that was a DQ move? It's a serious question as I don't know all the rules so I was a bit confused.

Guessing he kneed his opponent in the head while he was still down

Londonboy

Reaction score
Boy, that was dumb.
The Ref yelling as load as He could "If He doesn't get up I'm gonna disqualify Him" didn't exactly encourage a recovery either.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Rookie mistake.

He took some good shots though, and landed some good ones, prior to that. He looks pretty good thus far. Who knows what happens when he starts stepping up higher and higher into the ranks of the UFC but he was looking pretty solid.

Just made a mistake due to lack of experience with his timing. He said he was trying to time it up to knee him, as he was getting up (Because his opponent appeared to be getting to his feet) but he landed the knee early.

Also, of note, Dillashaw lost and I LOVED it.