News: Greg Hardy To Visit Cowboys Tuesday / Stephen Jones says with intent to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

coult44

Reaction score
If I am Greg Hardy. I shop Jerry's offer to other teams. No way I get pressured into signing a contract.

Did you say the same thing befor we signed DMC, Rivers, Collins or the other guys???

Cmon already, we need this one...

Plankton

Reaction score
Someone needs to tap Jerry on shoulder. Agent is playing him.

jzozdbyckgpapit0ankp.gif

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If I am Greg Hardy. I shop Jerry's offer to other teams. No way I get pressured into signing a contract.

most teams give you a 24 hour offer.
they aren't trying to get used.

generally when a guy leaves town after a visit he either is signed, sins within 24 hours or goes elsewhere.

Wood

Reaction score
Yes, but when you are the boss you can do whatever you want.

Exactly. Some of us actually run our own business. Maybe he would be happier if everyone was under his thumb with their heads down, only looking up to breath while they work feverishly to complete his widget's.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I'd like to hear some speculations as to what type of deal we might actually get Hardy to sign. Such as a Melton type deal with bigger numbers or what have you. I guess it all depends on how many if any games he has to miss.

Melton's Deal was: $1.25 Million base, $1 Million signing bonus, with an extra $78,125 per week if he makes the 46 man roster totaling $1.25 Million. The 3 year option increased it to $9 Million base salary for 2015 and $7.5 Million for 2016-2017 all of which we declined to pick up. There was also $1.5 Million in incentives for playing time and sacks.

Melton said: "I didn't have to be talked into [the contract] at all," Melton said. "I knew what was out there. The ACL scares a lot of teams and a lot of people. You can come back great from it. That's something that I believe I can do. Just have to buckle down and get physically and mentally ready and train my butt off just to be ready to go."

Anyways I'm not a big numbers guy so I leave it to the number cruncher's for some ideas. My best guess is somewhere between $7 to $13 Million per with incentives...

Wheeltax

Reaction score
if Dallas signs Hardy, I'm ordering a pizza tonight and having like 4 beers to celebrate. Get it done.

I just watched Hardy's Top 100 players from 2013/14 season. I would like him on my football team, yes.

Wood

Reaction score
most teams give you a 24 hour offer.
they aren't trying to get used.

generally when a guy leaves town after a visit he either is signed, sins within 24 hours or goes elsewhere.

Most teams pull offer once they leave facility.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
if Dallas signs Hardy, I'm ordering a pizza tonight and having like 4 beers to celebrate. Get it done.

I just watched Hardy's Top 100 players from 2013/14 season. I would like him on my football team, yes.

The beer had better be green beer! It's St. Patrick's Day!

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Ive asked in the mega threads if someone can comfirm, is Hardy one failed drug test away from a 1 year suspension, if true....doesnt that change everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.