News: Greg Hardy To Visit Cowboys Tuesday / Stephen Jones says with intent to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
This deal is getting done. Money (even elite money) is not an issue for an elite pass rusher. You plan to take a big bath in dead money when your franchise QB rides off into the sunset. Until then you have to pay what it costs to give him a chance to win one for you. That's just proper cap management. Having all the cap space in the world is useless once you don't have a franchise QB. Ask the Jaguars.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Waiting for Fisher to report that the Cowboys are serious about Hardy and I'm just a click away from understanding it all.

The fee is worth it I am sure!

Heck, you got the scoop here on the zone from a poster via a High School Baseball Coach from CT!

Hardline

Reaction score
I told you guys to wake me when he signed....nothing.......ZZZZzzzzzzzz

This is why I simply follow the official press conference rule. Until there is a press conference its not happening.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
So what kind of contract do you think is fair? How far do you come off what top pass rushers make because he may be violent to women and missed the entire 2014 season because of it?

At some point you know Rosenhaus brought up the Mario Williams contract. That was 6 years $100m with up to $40m in injury guarantees $25m of that guaranteed outright. Watt got a similar deal slightly inflated.

So top dogs make $17m. Ware makes $12m. i have no idea where to start the negotiations at. What percentage of the cap do you allocate for talented DE?

Near 50% of the cap is spent on defense. If $75m goes to defense how much goes to 4 DL positions when your nearest DE prospect has 3 more years of rookie contracts? Crawford is coming due here next offseason though. How much of that $75m do you dedicate to a single pass rusher?

If he wants $12m do you pay him?

Romonater

Reaction score
The difference between Jared and Greg Hardy is Dallas is ready to commit decent money to Hardy while Jared was being offered to what the Cowboys thought was fair to them. I think Dallas is more serious about signing Hardy.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
DL depth chart :

LE-Lawrence/Boatwright
1DT-McClain/Brent/Bishop
3DT-Crawford/Coleman
RE-Hardy/ MIncey/ Gardener

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.