News: Greg Hardy To Visit Cowboys Tuesday / Stephen Jones says with intent to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

cej757

Reaction score
These Doom and Gloom fans make me laugh. You guys have no vision and over react to everything. I am pleased to see the Cowboys are sticking to their plan and are no longer reaching on players. If they can get Hardy for a deal that makes sense for the Cowboys then they will sign him. If not, so be it. In that case we will continue to improve with smart value signings and through FA. It may not be a quick or glamorous process but it works when done properly.

That's fine when you're talking about signing a old washed up Jared Allen or Julius Peppers who are well past their primes like we're were talking about last year. But when you have arguably the best pass rusher in the league in your building ,who is only 26 years old and in his prime you get him signed immediately.

You're not gonna sell me on signing George Selvie to a team friendly deal when I can have Greg Hardy who John Clayton compared to having JJ Watt or Suh type of talent.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DL depth chart :

LE-Lawrence/Boatwright
1DT-McClain/Brent/Bishop
3DT-Crawford/Coleman
RE-Hardy/ MIncey/ Gardener

:cool:

We're just a starter away from having a respectable starting unit.

McClain is what he is. Maybe one of the others can emerge if no draft pick.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The difference between Jared and Greg Hardy is Dallas is ready to commit decent money to Hardy while Jared was being offered to what the Cowboys thought was fair to them. I think Dallas is more serious about signing Hardy.

Perhaps. I am not trying to make anyone nervous, but we have seen this type of thing before.

Allen also had a family and a wife who I am sure added her two cents in there.

Hardy has a squeeze and a bunch of guns, so we might still have a chance.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Dinner with the coaches while negotiations continue? This sounds like a done deal. Obviously ironing out the finer details. He's a Cowboy already in my mind!!

btcutter

Reaction score
I think Rosenhaus pulled a fast one on JJ and FO.

I don't think JJ and FO would have Hardy flown down to Dallas if the parameters weren't already in place. Rosenhaus probably wanted to drum up more interest by falsely leading JJ that they have some type of agreement in place and let Hardy fly down to Dallas. Once in Dallas he's now change his tune and having his associates letting other teams know how serious Dallas is. He getting a bidding war started for his clients. JJ and Stephen are probably pissed off but still trying to get a deal done. But now Rosenhaus has gotten the national attention he wanted for a bidding war.

Just pure speculation after reading so many posts.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Waiting for Fisher to report that the Cowboys are serious about Hardy and I'm just a click away from understanding it all.

Cowboys HQ Insiders
Go deeper Inside the Cowboys with Mike Fisher and The 75-Member Staff. Ask The Experts -- And Be An Expert! For Premium Fans of America's Team!

Hey, 75 member staff.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I understand if negotiations are taking a while. If they were negotiating yesterday via phone, Im sure both sides had some inclination of what both sides were/are looking for in a deal. For him to fly in tells me they were close on numbers and this deal is probably being negotiated mainly around structuring a deal to protect the team and the player. I still wouldn't be surprised to hear a deal is agreed to tonight or that they are still working out the details. I choose optimism, mainly because he was brought in with the intention of signing him.

You have described very well how negotiations at this level works.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
You are a real hardliner.

Do you do this with draft picks too?

Good: With the 27th pick in the 2015 NFL Draft the Dallas Cowboys select, Todd Gurley RB Georgia.

Yeah, riiiiiight.

Gurley and Hardy in 1 offseason??! I'm only 26, but I don't know if even my heart can take the excitement that would generate!

Status
Not open for further replies.