Greg Zuerlein deserves praise also

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Apart from his week 1 horror show, he’s been clutch ever since.
Hit a long game winning kick in Los Angeles and nailed a long one to take the game to overtime in New England … the only field goal he’s missed since week 1 was a 50+ yarder, so hopefully we have again a reliable kicker.

I agree with praise for him as he has made 3 huge kicks (TB, NE, LAC). TB could have also been a game winner had our defense shown up on the next drive.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I could easily see all the negativity concerning him if he wasn't performing in such a successful manner lately. That's not the case now and he's getting better with each passing week. Zuerlein's history certainly doesn't leave much room for doubting him. He's certainly back, until he's not. Obviously, he has the confidence of the Cowboys' staff. I would imagine they'd welcome another kicker if that weren't the case. o_O

blueblood70

Reaction score
I like him and I hear ya. Here's why I disagree. The man has 1 job to do. Kick the ball between the uprights. THATS IT. If a guy can't do that consistently, I take issue with that. Yes he's done his job lately. Good for him. Lets reserve praise 4 when the playoffs are on the line and he makes a kick. I will be the first to applaud him. Until then..I expect him to do his job well.

nope its no different then a receiver dropping balls, or bad throws and ints and fumbles by our QB i mean that his only job and daks been great this year but nearly cost us 3 games , missed tackles, giving up big plays on defense etc et

no coach or player are prefect and right now hes like 3rd in the league in kicking. hes missed 2 easy fgs that's it,.so has many kickers..

oh and his other job is kickoffs, and onside kicks when needed,..

so get off your high horse Gregs been solid..

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Hit a long game winning kick in Los Angeles and nailed a long one to take the game to overtime in New England … the only field goal he’s missed since week 1 was a 50+ yarder, so hopefully we have again a reliable kicker.
he has been better. the missed kick against NE wasn't his fault, the block on the right didn't happen and if he kicked normally, it would have been blocked

blueblood70

Reaction score
I can't bear to watch when he lines up for a kick......xtra points as well. It's not good for my heart health.
and yet he ranked like top 5 in the league. im also can be nervous of Dak fumbling in the end zone and throwing's INTS but its part of the game..Daks excuse here is no ones perfect umm that means the kicker and coaches as well..

when one of our players play perfect game let me know how about prefect season..:facepalm::rolleyes:

Majic

Reaction score

Good post, the narrative is that he is a dodgy kicker. Statistics suggest he is solid.

NeathBlue

Reaction score
League average for field goals in 2020:
1-20 yds = 100%
20-30 yds ~ 96%
30-40 yds ~ 92%
40-50 yds ~ 84%
50+ yds ~ 63%
All FG - 84.6%

I'm surprised the shorter ones are so high last year, because it feels like ever since they put back the point after attempts, that kickers in general have struggled more on shorter field goals.
Maybe it’s the amount of PAA being missed made me think that.

rambo2

Reaction score
he has been better. the missed kick against NE wasn't his fault, the block on the right didn't happen and if he kicked normally, it would have been blocked
That is correct. It is like half of the board is drunk when they watch the game. They even showed the replay that showed that the kick would have been blocked if he kicked it straight.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Interesting timing for this. I like Zuerlein more than most and am glad he made that game tying kick, but didn't he just miss a huge kick this week that almost cost us the game?
If he hits that kick to make it, it gets blocked. Greatly effected by the rush

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So were now giving kickers their own thread? Just kidding. We still should have signed Forbath untill Z was actually ready and it cost us a win vs tampa.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Lol, he is one of the best in the league.
According to the numbers he is ranked 19th in the NFL this year in FG percentage and 23rd in extra point percentage.

Research before you hit "post reply" to avoid future embarrassment, k?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
and yet he ranked like top 5 in the league. im also can be nervous of Dak fumbling in the end zone and throwing's INTS but its part of the game..Daks excuse here is no ones perfect umm that means the kicker and coaches as well..

when one of our players play perfect game let me know how about prefect season..:facepalm::rolleyes:
According to the numbers he is ranked 19th in the NFL this year in FG percentage and 23rd in extra point percentage.

So, I dunno where you're getting top 5.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Interesting timing for this. I like Zuerlein more than most and am glad he made that game tying kick, but didn't he just miss a huge kick this week that almost cost us the game?

You need to go back and watch the kick he missed this week. If he hits that kick perfectly then it gets blocked. Our blocking stunk on that attempt. It looked like he tried to push the ball way from getting blocked which caused the miss. Even Romo and Nance commented that the kick would have been blocked if Zuerlein wouldn't have pushed it in the other direction. A missed FG is much better than a blocked FG returned for a TD.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zuerline in 2021:
12 of 15 FG made. Missed at 31, 51, and 60 yds. = 80%
19 of 21 Ext Pts = 90%

Edited

Last edited:

NeathBlue

Reaction score

Research before you hit "post reply" to avoid future embarrassment, k?

That % changes quite a lot if you take out that ridiculous 60 yard attempt he was sent out to try in week 1.