Gronkowski retires

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
How about acknowledging he was a criminal and murderer and stop blaming his actions on playing football. Is anything anyone’s own fault nowadays? Blame this blame that but don’t blame the person responsible.

Hey, I am with you. I am not excusing his behavior at all. I just didn't see the humor in poking fun at a guy that killed somebody and then himself. He could have been a maniac, he could have had brain damage, but who knows for sure?

Sorry to anybody if they thought I was sticking up for his actions.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Maybe they'll bring Aaron Hernandez back to replace him

CMi79nb.gif

Kaiser

Reaction score
How about acknowledging he was a criminal and murderer and stop blaming his actions on playing football. Is anything anyone’s own fault nowadays? Blame this blame that but don’t blame the person responsible. What a irresponsible way to go through life

You can blame both the individual and CTE for contributing to it.

Kaiser

Reaction score
So, do you support banning football in high school? What is your solution to CTE?

No, or least not until we have more data. The main thing is to do the clinical studies that are needed to get definitive answers, but they need to have the current concussion protocols in place and to have better helmets at a minimum. The NFL is definitely playing catch-up right now.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, or least not until we have more data. The main thing is to do the clinical studies that are needed to get definitive answers, but they need to have the current concussion protocols in place and to have better helmets at a minimum. The NFL is definitely playing catch-up right now.

Do players have to use team provided helmets or can they get a custom helmet made that better protects the brain?

Edit: I understand each player is fitted with a "custom" team helmet, but are there better helmets available?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Gronk will a WWE headliner by the Fall. He was a great player in the NFL. Really admire his toughness. Best of luck!

Kaiser

Reaction score
Do players have to use team provided helmets or can they get a custom helmet made that better protects the brain?

Edit: I understand each player is fitted with a "custom" team helmet, but are there better helmets available?

I think Riddell has the only contract to supply helmets, which are tailored to each player. There may be a second vendor, I'm not certain.

Others are working on them, but the NFL is obviously trying to keep this under the radar. Former Steeler Merrill Hoge wrote a book recently saying CTE was a myth and there are rumors he was "incentivised" to do so, he talks about losing time with concussions and says its all hunky-dory based on one neurologist who is outside the mainstream on the issue.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
When its the guy that spends half his posts on social justice lectures, Yes. Yes, we will.

Social justice is a bad thing?

Please unpack that for me. Seems more like a trigger word for you

John813

Reaction score

There was a new helmet released that the NFL hoped could reduce concussions.
Brian cushing wore one, and got a concussion week 1 a few years back.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...-vicis-helmet-concussions-nfl-0914-story.html
This is notable because Cushing was wearing one of the VICIS Zero1 helmets the NFL is hoping help reduce concussions.

This doesn’t mean the VICIS helmet doesn’t work. Cushing is one of about 70 NFL players wearing the helmet, which has a flexible outer shell and an under-layer of plastic columns that give on impact immediately bounce back. The full list of players is not known but does include Jadeveon Clowney, Dak Prescott, Alex Smith and Rusell Wilson.

But Cushing’s concussion does underscore the reality that no helmet can ever fully prevent concussions, something the NFL and VICIS have acknowledged.

But ultimately, no helmet can truly reduce concussions. Head shot or landing hard on your head could make your brain smack your skull and boom concussion which can lead to brain damage/possible CTE.

Fans may not like all the new rules, but the owners now see their sport has a huge red flag and they will try to find ways to prevent players from getting concussions and joining any future new lawsuit(s).

jrumann59

Reaction score
The Gronk family can burn in hell, his brother was responsible for missing the block that started the Tony Romo Collarbone watch...

vlad

Reaction score
I'll remember him most for luckily not paralyzing this dude:

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
his agent says he would be open to coming back late in the year if brady called and said they needed him

vlad

Reaction score
BYE you dirty player.

Scumbag of a player - don't know how got away with that, reptuation-wise... you can see he lines up and just hammers the White for no reason on the play I posted.

Amazing player on the field, but somehow TO gets more hate than him. Yes, TO was a grade A jackass, but he didn't attempt to break someone's spine.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Hey, I am with you. I am not excusing his behavior at all. I just didn't see the humor in poking fun at a guy that killed somebody and then himself. He could have been a maniac, he could have had brain damage, but who knows for sure?

Sorry to anybody if they thought I was sticking up for his actions.
Not defending him either but he did have severe brain damage, most likely from football.