Gruden is back to NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Praxit

Reaction score
..yes sir. Hot off the press. Grudy involved with Saints org. Likely working back stage over there.

More here: Gruden

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
..yes sir. Hot off the press. Grudy involved with Saints org. Likely working back stage over there.

More here: Gruden
I'm taking this as good news. I didn't like how the Raiders dismissed him. Someone dug through years worth of emails that they weren't supposed to read. They were meant to go to a particular person. If you read through years of emails, you would probably find something objectionable with almost anyone.

I remember when we only had landline phones and no email. I remember that phone calls were supposed to be private. It was strictly forbidden to listen in on someone's phone call. It doesn't mean it never happened, of course, but listening in on someone's private call was considered a big invasion of privacy. I wanted emails to be treated like that too. If you wrote an email to someone, you considered it for that person's eyes only. Now if we're going to have the mind police dig through everyone's emails for the purpose of mud slinging and getting someone fired or wrecking their business, that's a problem. I want everyone to butt out of everyone else's private communications. Some bozo online was saying to me, "Did you hear the terrible thing that Gruden said?" And I'm like, "If it was said in a private email, I have no right to know what he said." It was like when some creepo hid a camera in Erin Andrews' hotel room to make an unauthorized naked video of her." Disgusting. I refused to look at that footage. I felt like, because Andrews didn't agree to that video being made, I had no right to watch it. It wasn't the same as when an actress agrees to a nude scene in a movie, and has specific rules in her contract about it.

The reading of Gruden's emails by someone other than the recipient was an invasion of Gruden's privacy. So was the hidden video of Erin Andrews. I wish everyone would get the bleep out of everyone else's business.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I'm taking this as good news. I didn't like how the Raiders dismissed him. Someone dug through years worth of emails that they weren't supposed to read. They were meant to go to a particular person. If you read through years of emails, you would probably find something objectionable with almost anyone.

I remember when we only had landline phones and no email. I remember that phone calls were supposed to be private. It was strictly forbidden to listen in on someone's phone call. It doesn't mean it never happened, of course, but listening in on someone's private call was considered a big invasion of privacy. I wanted emails to be treated like that too. If you wrote an email to someone, you considered it for that person's eyes only. Now if we're going to have the mind police dig through everyone's emails for the purpose of mud slinging and getting someone fired or wrecking their business, that's a problem. I want everyone to butt out of everyone else's private communications. Some bozo online was saying to me, "Did you hear the terrible thing that Gruden said?" And I'm like, "If it was said in a private email, I have no right to know what he said." It was like when some creepo hid a camera in Erin Andrews' hotel room to make an unauthorized naked video of her." Disgusting. I refused to look at that footage. I felt like, because Andrews didn't agree to that video being made, I had no right to watch it. It wasn't the same as when an actress agrees to a nude scene in a movie, and has specific rules in her contract about it.

The reading of Gruden's emails by someone other than the recipient was an invasion of Gruden's privacy. So was the hidden video of Erin Andrews. I wish everyone would get the bleep out of everyone else's business.
I think it was very careless and dumb of him to put stuff on email. But then if someone was to take any person's PC and look at everything there, how many people would be pure as driven snow?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I think it was very careless and dumb of him to put stuff on email. But then if someone was to take any person's PC and look at everything there, how many people would be pure as driven snow?
Not many. You're right that it was careless, but I still don't like today's trend of sifting through years, or even decades, of someone's email trying to find dirt. I remember back in the late 90s, we never dreamed that our stupid emails might be important decades later, or at least important to some hostile, trashy person looking to dig up dirt.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I can't even remember what the issue was. John Gruden and whatever he is doing with his $100M has never been a concern of mine.

T-RO

Reaction score
One of the league's billionaire owners wanted out of a massive long term contract. The league had it's own reasons to not like Gruden.

So smear job. Truth, actual wrong-doing, fairness got nothing to do with it.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
gruden also said some bad things about goodell , lol
you think that might have made things go the way they did?

Gruden may be a HC in waiting, I think he won a lawsuit against nfl??

Hoofbite

Reaction score
One of the league's billionaire owners wanted out of a massive long term contract. The league had it's own reasons to not like Gruden.

Wasn't his contract guaranteed from the start? No need for a smear job, could have just fired him.

Flamma

Reaction score
Wasn't his contract guaranteed from the start? No need for a smear job, could have just fired him.
I don't believe the owner wanted to fire him. So they had to keep the pressure up by releasing more info.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

He needed to be fired for being such a idiot in emails. I don't know how any team would even align themselves with him.

T-RO

Reaction score
He needed to be fired for being such a idiot in emails. I don't know how any team would even align themselves with him.
We know one side of the story. As usual the side we know is that of the richer and more powerful. Maybe Gruden is an idiot and worse. Maybe.

T-RO

Reaction score
You think the emails were fake?
No. But I bet there's a lot way worse, more malicious e-mails circulating around NFL. And we never got to see the two-way communication, did we? What ugly dialog was getting bounced around by all the parties.

Ultimately they paid Gruden to be the best coach of the league. When he wasn't they found a way to dump him and get out of the contract.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No. But I bet there's a lot way worse, more malicious e-mails circulating around NFL. And we never got to see the two-way communication, did we? What ugly dialog was getting bounced around by all the parties.

Ultimately they paid Gruden to be the best coach of the league. When he wasn't they found a way to dump him and get out of the contract.
Oh of course. Im sure there’s worse…doesn’t negate what he did though.

Status
Not open for further replies.