Gut Feelings

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Here are the two that come to mind for me, what are yours?

Gut feeling: DB is the priority of the draft. 3 of our first 4 picks will be DBs.

This is mine because:

1) We got 3 guys on the DL in FA, 2 of which are younger guys with room for development.
2) The only safety we got in FA isnt much of an upgrade over Heath. We didnt get any corners.
3) B. Jones, Brown, Heath, Iloka, and Frazier are all free agents next year.
4) They've mentioned CB and S as targets in the draft.
5) Safety is considered a deep position this draft.

I think all the stars are lining up for 2 safeties and 1 corner in the draft if they choose to go that way. Historically this team has a pattern for the last decade of blowing up and rebuilding entire position groups at a time. It makes a lot of sense to continue that pattern at safety this particular year.

I also think we'll see some safeties slide since so many teams that needed one just bought one for a lot of money on the open market. This plays into double dipping at the position. I would be very happy if we got the safety equivalent of Chido and Lewis in this one draft!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Think we go safety at #58. In the 3rd & 4th rounds, since it's a deep rb class, one might be the best value when we pick. A rb that has starter upside, gotta get one to back up Zeke. Don't wanna wait till the 5th round to get one. Been using the Fanspeak's Mock Draft Simulator.

bodi

Reaction score
4 128 L.J. Scott, RB, #220 6 Michigan State

4/6/19: Two NFL running backs coaches told me that Scott impressed them at the combine with how he looked running the ball in the field drills and his work as a receiver. Scott was injured for a lot of 2018 and missed eight games. As such he had just 79 carries, which he turned into a total of 263 yards - 3.3 average. Scott also had 10 receptions for 95 yards. The injuries could cause Scott to slide even though he has the skill set of an early-rounder.

8/28/18 According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Scott checks in at 6-foot, 225 pounds. He has 32.13-inch arms and 9.5-inch hands. He is said to run the 40 in 4.60 seconds.

Scott averaged 4.5 yards per carry in 2017 for 898 yards and eight touchdowns. He totaled 20 receptions for 146 yards and a touchdown as well. Sources think that Scott is more than just a power back. They like Scott's surprising speed and believe he has the athletic ability to be more than a North-South runner. He is patient and has feet that can make tacklers miss. He needs to work on his ball security though.

Scouts think that Scott could be even more athletic and quicker if he drops some weight. They talk about how Le'Veon Bell was too heavy at Michigan State and became a different player after losing weight at the direction of the Steelers. Scott may not get a lot of notice, but teams are eyeing him as a value pick. Scott ran for 994 yards on 184 carries - a 5.4-yard average - with six touchdowns as a sophomore.

RS12

Reaction score
I actually think somebody falls unexpectedly, Simmons for example or somebody else and they trade up to top of second to get them. Gonna be rough for Jerry to have no face time Thursday PM.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I can live with him at 90.

Just not a fan at 58.

Now that can all change depending on how the board shakes up. We all know it never goes as planned
if our board is wiped out...then Id be ok with him at 58.
but Id LOVE it at 90.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Gut feeling: DB is the priority of the draft. 3 of our first 4 picks will be DBs.

This is mine because:

1) We got 3 guys on the DL in FA, 2 of which are younger guys with room for development.
2) The only safety we got in FA isnt much of an upgrade over Heath. We didnt get any corners.

I think all the stars are lining up for 2 safeties and 1 corner in the draft if they choose to go that way. Historically this team has a pattern for the last decade of blowing up and rebuilding entire position groups at a time. It makes a lot of sense to continue that pattern at safety this particular year.

I also think we'll see some safeties slide since so many teams that needed one just bought one for a lot of money on the open market. This plays into double dipping at the position. I would be very happy if we got the safety equivalent of Chido and Lewis in this one draft!

Safety at #58 is the logical guess; however, the depth of 2nd and later type Safeties might cause them to roll the dice to see if one makes it to #90.

I have a feeling that some player they have rated as a borderline 1st round talent falls to #58 and is the pick. It could be S, CB, DL, TE, WR or RB.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score

This is mine because:

I echoed this weeks ago to follow the money and the needs at S, and potential holes with Jones, and Brown being FA it's going to be a spot we invest heavily on this draft.

bodi

Reaction score
you know what I like to do is draft a safety at 58 then Hooker from Iowa

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
you know what I like to do is draft a safety at 58 then Hooker from Iowa

I'm a big fan of Hooker and think he would be the ideal SS for us. I have seen him going in the 90's in mocks and honestly IDK where to put him but I think he has more tools then Rapp and is built to play closer to the LOS.

bodi

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Hooker and think he would be the ideal SS for us. I have seen him going in the 90's in mocks and honestly IDK where to put him but I think he has more tools then Rapp and is built to play closer to the LOS.

if he can play CB that be great plus - esp on TE'S

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
if he can play CB that be great plus - esp on TE'S

He can play some nickel and can definitely lineup with TE's, but he is very instinctual and would be better utilized playing in a zone type scheme than running with a WR across the field.

Gaede

Reaction score
I think CB is going to be the pick, unfortunately.

Our board gets picked clean at S, TE, and DT, and the top ranked guy is a CB.

They'll justify the pick because of Byron next year, but the rookie doesn't help this year

morasp

Reaction score
-Allen, Thornhill, or Rapp at 58.
-RB by the end of round 4
-Definitely a 3T by the end of round 4.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'll break crap if we take a TB with one of our first two picks.