Gut Feelings

Sydla

Reaction score
Safety at #58 is the logical guess; however, the depth of 2nd and later type Safeties might cause them to roll the dice to see if one makes it to #90.

I have a feeling that some player they have rated as a borderline 1st round talent falls to #58 and is the pick. It could be S, CB, DL, TE, WR or RB.

Definitely could see this about safety. They may roll the die and hope someone like Harris, who I like, is there at 90.

I'd be OK with a S, CB, DL, TE that falls. Taking a RB at 58 who falls would be stupid IMO. A WR? Ehhh. Less painful but still not very smart IMO.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Gut feeling is that we all will be wrong but for my wrong gut feeling, I believe we will trade down at least once and maybe three times. Gut says 58 will be about who falls maybe like a Simmons or Sweat or even an OL like Little. Guts says the safety they are really targeting the Thompson or Richard will grab a CB (tall, long arms) and turn him into a safety. Gut says I wouldn't be surprised to see us trade one of our 4th round picks for Robert Nkemdiche DT from Arizona. Gut says watch for those UDFA guys this year, going to pony up for some of them they really want. Just my gut feeling.

Carson

Reaction score
I'll break crap if we take a TB with one of our first two picks.

Agreed. But we know, the board never breaks the way you intend.

I’d much rather go RB who will play, over a project DT or CB.

If we go RB and solid DTs and safeties are on the board, I’m breaking stuff as well

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gut feeling is that we all will be wrong but for my wrong gut feeling, I believe we will trade down at least once and maybe three times. Gut says 58 will be about who falls maybe like a Simmons or Sweat or even an OL like Little. Guts says the safety they are really targeting the Thompson or Richard will grab a CB (tall, long arms) and turn him into a safety. Gut says I wouldn't be surprised to see us trade one of our 4th round picks for Robert Nkemdiche DT from Arizona. Gut says watch for those UDFA guys this year, going to pony up for some of them they really want. Just my gut feeling.

AZ has a new coaching staff.

That gives Nkemdiche a fresh start there.

If he was a high paid veteran then a new HC might want to dump him to get the cap space but he is only due to get paid 1.6M for 2019.