Ha Ha Clinton Dix 1 yr 3.5 m with Bears

Sydla

Reaction score
I’ve mentioned many times that I want to upgrade SS. It was one of the big reasons I wanted to sign Landon Collins and I didn’t want to get E Thomas.

Not seeing Dix as very much of an upgrade over Heath does not equal wanting to keep Heath as a starter.

Hopefully, that upgrade comes via the draft.

The only problem is you have now set yourself up to have to get a S in the draft, and then that puts you in a spot where you might have to go need over best player.

It’s why I would have taken a flier on Dix or go get Iloka or Phillips. All three will likely be on cheap, one year deals, are an upgrade over Heath and don’t hamstring your cap much this year and are gone after a year if you find someone better. Plus those guys don’t preclude you from taking a S if the right one falls to you in the draft.

I think it’s kind of foolish to just always assume you’ll find that starter in the draft if there are some cheap options available to you.

Sydla

Reaction score
True, but I wouldn’t waste time with him. At this point I just assume the plan at safety is to use the #58 pick

What if there isn’t a S there at 58 that makes sense?

You are now pigeonholing yourself into having to draft for need.

They’d be smart to grab Iloka or Phillips in FA. Both are upgrades on Heath and have no long term implications for you in terms of roster and cap space.

Mr_437

Reaction score

They’d be smart to grab Iloka or Phillips in FA. Both are upgrades on Heath and have no long term implications for you in terms of roster and cap space.
Those are some names I'm looking at Phillips n Iloka...plus Geathers.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

I’m not saying I agree with how they’re handling it, mainly Ha Ha isn’t the answer

stargazer

Reaction score
Do you think Richard is asking himself what the hell did I get myself into?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
1. Heath isn't as bad as everyone claims
2. Why is this safety going on his 3rd team in the same amount of years?
3. If the skins didn't want him, no thanks

1 He's not a starter
2. Doesn't mean he's not better than Heath
3. Dumb argument

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Probably irrelevant, but I think dangling Jourdan Lewis for a safety of the same age and pedigree could effective. Corners are more coveted than Safeties, so if there is a deal out there we may be able to get a good return

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Interesting they value Heath more than HaHa. Are players avoiding this team? I can't understand what's going on here.

Heath and Haha don't play the same safety spot. Guys like Phillips or Iloka would be upgrades to Heath.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The only problem is you have now set yourself up to have to get a S in the draft, and then that puts you in a spot where you might have to go need over best player.

It’s why I would have taken a flier on Dix or go get Iloka or Phillips. All three will likely be on cheap, one year deals, are an upgrade over Heath and don’t hamstring your cap much this year and are gone after a year if you find someone better. Plus those guys don’t preclude you from taking a S if the right one falls to you in the draft.

I think it’s kind of foolish to just always assume you’ll find that starter in the draft if there are some cheap options available to you.
Sounds reasonable.

blueblood70

Reaction score
its laughable anyone think hes an upgrade over heath when we used to light him up in GB, then last year we torched them twice, Amari and Gallup made him look stupid and it reflects in being releases and on his third tem for backup money..

sure we can use an upgrade and he aint it, ET got paid WAY too much especially up front money as an oft injured player at his age..really I know the Berry thread say stay away but he might be worth the risk for a similar contract Hah ha just got..

mattjames2010

Reaction score
its laughable anyone think hes an upgrade over heath when we used to light him up in GB, then last year we torched them twice, Amari and Gallup made him look stupid and it reflects in being releases and on his third tem for backup money..

sure we can use an upgrade and he aint it, ET got paid WAY too much especially up front money as an oft injured player at his age..really I know the Berry thread say stay away but he might be worth the risk for a similar contract Hah ha just got..

I'll make a bet with you right now he grades out better with the Bears next year than Heath. If you can't make that bet with confidence, stop trying to downplay this.