1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Hair Stylist Exposed 140 People To Covid

Discussion in 'Coronavirus Zone' started by Beast_from_East, May 28, 2020.

1. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

26,637 Messages
    22,335 Likes Received
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...hair-salon-tests-positive-nearly-140-n1214036

A hair stylist at a salon in Missouri had symptoms of Covid but chose to work anyways for 8 days. A second stylist has now tested positive and all clients have been notified to self-quarantine for 14 days.

See, this is the problem with just opening everything back up. You want to go get a haircut or go to the gym or go to a restaurant, how do you know that somebody there is not sick and is working regardless either because they dont care or they need the money too bad to go home.

So if any of you guys are venturing out, just keep this in mind. Not trying to tell anybody what to do, just hoping everybody stays safe.

2. DakPresgoat

DakPresgoat Well-Known Member

14,200 Messages
    30,675 Likes Received
    She’s definitely a selfish idiot.

It’s one thing if you’re asymptomatic and don’t know.

How anybody with what’s going on, could have symptoms of the virus and still purposefully be around people until they’re gone is just mind boggling.

3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

80,026 Messages
    54,604 Likes Received
    :facepalm:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You can't fix stupid.

Hennessy_King, DakPresgoat and EPL0c0 like this.
  4. nate dizzle

nate dizzle Well-Known Member

2,361 Messages
    3,643 Likes Received
    Could be a selfish idiot. Could be someone forced off unemployment due to being called back to work and now has no other option to keep food on her family's table. Sad no matter how you slice it.

John813, ShortRound131, Vtwin and 3 others like this.
  5. DakPresgoat

14,200 Messages
    30,675 Likes Received
    Oh yeah. I forgot we live in a country with poor employees rights.

6. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

6,246 Messages
    1,704 Likes Received
    I read another article on this that mentioned stylists & clients wore masks

BUT they’re up close to each other for like 10, 15, 20 minutes? Not good

hospital staff wearing proper protective gear and working up close to infected patients risk being infected (and have been infected)

just really hope they luck out and nobody gets it. But 100+ people... not good.

7. DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel Well-Known Member

1,467 Messages
    2,914 Likes Received
    I've been hearing that new cases per day tripled in that area (from 1 to 3) during the reopen.

8. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

16,781 Messages
    9,765 Likes Received
    You don't know.

Life is a risk. We deal with it.

It is an impossibility to just wait for 100% certainty.

9. Kevinicus

16,781 Messages
    9,765 Likes Received
    We do?

Do what you're paid for. Don't like it? Make suggestions, request changes. Still don't like it? Freedom to quit and peddle your wares/services elsewhere.
    Don't like the options? Create some of your own.

Well, there is the union thing where a 3rd party (a 4th if you count gov't) is injected and has to get involved between party A and B.

cml750, Vtwin and kskboys like this.
  10. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

19,835 Messages
    21,998 Likes Received
    Employees in this country prolly have the most employee rights of any country in human history.

Sadly funny when people play the victim card on crapp like this.

Vtwin likes this.
  11. ActualCowboysFan

ActualCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,228 Messages
    6,444 Likes Received
    What country?

12. DakPresgoat

14,200 Messages
    30,675 Likes Received

:laugh:

13. DakPresgoat

14,200 Messages
    30,675 Likes Received

Yeah we do. The fight for increased employee rights is a never ending battle.

All I’m saying is. IF she worked through her illness due to fear of losing her job or not getting paid. It’s a problem and it’s something that shouldn’t be happening. Though it happens all the time with some companies.

I don’t know if that was her motivation or if it was just ignorance. But my post was in response to another posters comment.

nate dizzle and ActualCowboysFan like this.
  14. ActualCowboysFan

ActualCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,228 Messages
    6,444 Likes Received
    You don't seem to understand worker's rights. Unsurprising

Zman5 and DakPresgoat like this.
  15. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

6,104 Messages
    5,378 Likes Received
    Yeah it's the chance we take. We can't shut down all of these businesses until a vaccine comes out. That could take 18 months or longer. In fact, it might not even be possible. Has there ever been a successful RNA vaccine? I think this would be the first.

As it stands a lot of businesses that remain open are making less. Me and a few people I know are just getting what we need from the grocery store and avoiding everywhere else that we normally go to. Mainly because it's a pain in my *** to put a mask on every time I want to enter a building. So I just don't go in.

16. DakPresgoat

14,200 Messages
    30,675 Likes Received

I did like the part about “if you don’t like it you can complain or leave the job”

Correct slavery is now illegal. He really got me on that one.

ActualCowboysFan likes this.
  17. DoctorChicken

DoctorChicken Well-Known Member

3,793 Messages
    7,503 Likes Received
    As someone who has lived in and stayed for months in many countries, some of America’s employee rights are completely and utterly laughable.

ActualCowboysFan and DakPresgoat like this.
  18. Kevinicus

16,781 Messages
    9,765 Likes Received
    :facepalm:

You don't seem to understand much of anything. Unsurprising (see what I did there? I used your lame method of rebuttal - at least mine was accurate).

cml750 likes this.
  19. Kevinicus

16,781 Messages
    9,765 Likes Received
    Why don't you like it? It's reality. It's the way it should be.

What's the alternative? Force the other guy to provide work to those they don't want to?

It's almost as if some of you don't like the "voluntary" aspect of things unless it's only applied to one side.

20. Kevinicus

16,781 Messages
    9,765 Likes Received
    I think you might be confusing rights and privileges. Don't worry, you're not alone.

cml750, Jake and kskboys like this.