Handicapping Cowboy/Seattle game

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Seattle looking at 0-3 and their hopes to rebound in the playoffs this year is on the line today. Only 3 teams in NFL history have recovered from 0-3 and made playoffs.

The Cowboys appear to continue playing better against average to below average teams .

The line opened at Seattle -3 and early and big money quickly went on Dallas moving line to -1.

Since I like Dallas anyway this appears a no brainer giving up the 1 point. Cowboys have been a good road dog against below .500 teams.

Only if Seattle intends on saving their season could I see them pulling this out. Initially I saw us going 1-1, 1-2, 2-2 and 3-3. If we win today we will be in position to get off to a better start than I had anticipated.

I’ve picked against us the first two weeks going 1-1 so I felt only giving up 1 point against a struggling team was a good bet. Although I could see Seattle winning today it’s difficult for me to pick them. Cowboys still struggle scoring unless defense forces turnovers. 20-17

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cowboys are 5-2 in September road games since 2014 with one of those losses in Carolina.

Seattle hadn’t lost a home game in September under Carroll, going 13-0 since 2010.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Initially before the season I saw this as a loss and we’d be 1-2 which is still very possible but I didn’t anticipate Seattle to be playing so poorly.