Happy 2018 Schedule Release Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Football is almost back in full force. We all know the strength of schedule will work in the boys favor this year I just hope there is some end of season love and turkey week common sense. Either way it will be fun breaking it down for our team and all of us fantasy nerds. My only preference is to finish at home, have a normal home noon game prior to turkey day, and not play the gnats to open the year. Uncork the champagne it’s time to celebrate!

Here are a few links with a little bit of info.

These are the only games I seen so far that has been given a time and date. Mexico and London games
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...announces-date-time-for-2018-mexico-city-game
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...l-announces-times-dates-for-2018-london-games

time changes
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...l-moves-up-starting-times-for-primetime-games

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
No potential cold weather games outside of NFC East games. That's good, although we're actually built to play in cold weather. Still, the team isn't use to it so I'm glad the potential is limited. I'd like a couple of the easier games for the first two. Getting off to a good start will be important for this team.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No potential cold weather games outside of NFC East games. That's good, although we're actually built to play in cold weather. Still, the team isn't use to it so I'm glad the potential is limited. I'd like a couple of the easier games for the first two. Getting off to a good start will be important for this team.

Possibly Seattle. So our last 4 games, all away games, at Seattle, Washington, NY Giants, Philthy. Would not surprise me a bit.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Here are a few links with a little bit of info.

These are the only games I seen so far that has been given a time and date. Mexico and London games
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...announces-date-time-for-2018-mexico-city-game
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/
right, but it can be cool raining and windy, and I remember a few times it had some sleet during games. So it can cause some issues.
Snowed there this past year as well. It sure isn’t Texas weather.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'd like a week 1 layup game. No NFC East primetime game please. It's gotten kinda boring as well playing the same teams week 1.

Also, give us a week 10-12 bye.

No Thursday games besides thanksgiving either.
Our Thanksgiving tradition doesn’t count towards a Thursday mandated game and all Bye’s are concluded by Week 11.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our Thanksgiving tradition doesn’t count towards a Thursday mandated game and all Bye’s are concluded by Week 11.

They need to stop that Thursday night game a week after T-Day. That is 3 games in 11 days. That is BS, and the NFL say they are about player safety. that is as far from it as anything else they do that is stupid.

they done it what the last 2 years, maybe 3? And the SNF game before the T-Day game too, even at home it is BS.

Jipper

Reaction score

i think they will try to do the thursday game the week before the thanksgiving game so we dont have to deal with a double set of 4 day turns

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
has any team ever done that? I don't think its ever been done

No , the most any team has, and it happens to several teams, and us quite often is 3 road games in a row. But many times we have also finished 3 or 4 games on the road. more. so than most teams, or at least it seems like it. It never seems to happen to any of our rivals though.

Jipper

Reaction score
No , the most any team has, and it happens to several teams, and us quite often is 3 road games in a row. But many times we have also finished 3 or 4 games on the road. more. so than most teams, or at least it seems like it. It never seems to happen to any of our rivals though.

we suck at home anyway so might be to our benefit to be on the road...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
i think they will try to do the thursday game the week before the thanksgiving game so we dont have to deal with a double set of 4 day turns
They’ve been doing it after Thanksgiving in recent years.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They need to stop that Thursday night game a week after T-Day. That is 3 games in 11 days. That is BS, and the NFL say they are about player safety. that is as far from it as anything else they do that is stupid.

they done it what the last 2 years, maybe 3? And the SNF game before the T-Day game too, even at home it is BS.
It actually is a better scenario because it prevents us from having 2 games with only 4 days in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.