Happy With Today's Game

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
lewpac;2310221 said:
You're wrong..........and here's why............

After last year, this regular season means little. We struggle mightily against these bottom feeders, and still think we're an "elite" team in the NFL. Not even close. Two games, back to back, at home...............and we're lucky to get out of it 1-1.
Save all your "fair weather fan" crap for someone who cares. This team lacks the coaching and discipline to close games out.
Get ready to lose a few more, and bow out in the playoffs early............UNLESS things change drastically. The way things are, we'll have a hard time winning the NFC East, let alone going to the Super Bowl. We have a LOOOOOOOOOONG way to go on both sides of the ball.
I'm very unimpressed with this team. I reserve the right to get "on board" if things change for the better though..............
But for now, our defense (especially the secondary) is unpredictable at best. Romo has too much "Favre" in him and is too loosy-goosy for my taste. Psychotically, we can't decide if we're a running team or a throwing team. Our head coach has his head up is arse, is too nice a guy, and until proven otherwise, can't win when it matters...............
I'm not impressed in the slightest with this team.
No you're wrong. Your problem is that you want us to blow out every single opponent. THis is the NFL teams like the Bengals who don't have a win are especially going to play just as hard as we are to get a win. THey aren't gonna roll over for us. Do you want to peak now and then at the end of the season play like crap like last season. This is a marathon and this team's goal is the win in the playoffs and hopefullythe Super Bowl. Winning the division is great, getting homefield is great but it means nothing in January. Relax.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
lspain1;2310209 said:
I'm glad we won. That said, we looked "out of sync" for major portions of the game. I'm certainly guilty of high expectations but this team baffles me. We dominate and then seem to relax and let the other team back in the game....time after time. We start playing down to the level of the competition. :huh:

I think Romo looked bad from the very first throw of the game when he missed Bennett for the TD. He was bad today and never got into anything like a rhythm. Your offense isn't going to play in sync without the QB.

Somehow, on what I view as one of his worst days throwing the ball, we won. I'm not happy he stunk...I'm happy we overcame something that we could have given in to, something that we're likely to see again too.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
wayne motley;2310147 said:
1. Yes, the Bengals were 0-4, but they have talent and got their QB back, and teams like that are going to win some games, and they played hard.

2. The secondary seemed much more aggressive today, imo...the big problem is still a lack of consistent pass rush. While everyone's been calling for man-man defense, Wade knows that you get int's from zone, not man. You want pressure on the QB and DB's who are looking in at the QB...our issue is still a lack of consistent pressure, imo.

3. Felix got his touches and made the most of them.

However, what I like most about today's game, is that we were in a tough game and had to find ways to win, and we did.

In my opinion, our talented team lacks the mental toughness and will to grind and win...it's a trait we've all seen with Washington and some other teams this year. We've seen the Giants destroying teams. I was starting to worry that our Cowboys could only win when the offense was rolling up big points and everyone was celebrating big plays.

We have a stretch of supposedly easy games against weak opponents, including today...maybe we could blow them all out with huge plays like we had in the Philly game, but I'm not sure that would have made us a better team. We'll take some heat from the media and many of our own fans for playing some close games like today's, but I happen to like it. If our team is going to get anywhere in the playoffs, we have to improve in many areas...we have to find ways to win when Romo stinks it up, when the defense gives up painful plays, when the refs make questionable calls, when we can't get WR's open, or when the defense puts 8 in the box and limits the run.

Close wins will make us better later in the year. It's not how we play now, but how we improve, how we peak, how we're playing in December/January.

There's plenty to find wrong with today's game, but it was hard fought on both sides, and the score got scary at times...we reacted much better to it this week than we did last week.

I'm happy with today's win, and while I hope we eventually start hitting on all cylinders on both sides of the ball, right now I think some tough/close wins is exactly what our physically talented team needs.

:Hammer:

Post of the day.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
firehawk350;2310255 said:
Well, you are never as bad as you think in a loss or as good as you think in a victory...

Uh...a Commander fan that knows.

;)

firehawk350

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2310253 said:
didn't New York have to go to OT to beat these same Bengals?

I guess that means the Commanders are the Super Bowl champs then

get the **** out of here
Boo-hoo... 3rd best in the division and until you can prove me wrong, go get drunk on your win against the Bengals...

Actually, grats on the win... A win is a win is a win...

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2310169 said:
Same here. We got the W.

When a top team plays a bottom feeder, this is often the result -- the top team plays down to its competition a little and you have a sloppy, close game for a while, but the better team makes some plays to win it at the end. Actually, it happens the same way in all sports.

There will be tons of ugly wins like this all around the NFL this year, just like when the Giants needed OVERTIME to beat this Bengals team. Not every game is going to be a blowout.
It's convenient how this will be forgotten.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
lewpac;2310221 said:
You're wrong..........and here's why............

After last year, this regular season means little.

Then why are you *****ing about it?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
firehawk350;2310213 said:
So beating a winless team at home in a game you looked like donkey crap is better than what washington did, how?

I'm not sure which post this was intended for, but that's not what I said. I said we responded better to adversity this week than we did in the Washington game last week. I didn't think we responded well to a team that wasn't letting us do what we wanted to do last week.

This week, Cinncy was taking away TO as well, but we found a way to win.

Call me crazy, but I don't consider Cinncy in any way as one of the worst teams in the league regardless of record.

lspain1

Reaction score
bootsy;2310260 said:

You make a lot of good points....however, I could "relax" a lot easier if we played well on a consistent basis. I know I should be grateful for the win, but this team worries me....even in victory.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Good post Wayne. I have to disagree with peoples assessment of the pass rush. The Bengals had a great game plan of short drops by Palmer. No one is getting to a QB with that kind of passing game. It's a testament to how good Palmer and his WRs are that they could generate as much offense as they did with that kind of pass game.

Once they had to abandon that kind of passing game Palmer got sacked. They never got a running game going and weren't able to generate enough offense to win. Without the turnovers and the onsides kick they would never had been in the game.

As it's been all season the only thing that can stop the Cowboys are the Cowboys.

You're right about the win. This is the kind of win you do need to see. We won ugly.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
wayne motley;2310291 said:
I'm not sure which post this was intended for, but that's not what I said. I said we responded better to adversity this week than we did in the Washington game last week. I didn't think we responded well to a team that wasn't letting us do what we wanted to do last week.

Call me crazy, but I don't consider Cinncy in any way as one of the worst teams in the league regardless of record.
Yeah, Detroit, Stl, KC Oak are worse.

firehawk350

Reaction score
wayne motley;2310291 said:

Your 100% right... I came in with an axe to grind after that td to crayton and i apologize. Sorry boys fans, grats on the win...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
So beating a winless team at home in a game you looked like donkey crap is better than what washington did, how?

When are you going to stop beating your wife? Isn't that how you worded that question.

Where do you get off coming here and starting crap? I'm starting to really get pissed at you guys.

firehawk350

Reaction score
firehawk350;2310312 said:
Your 100% right... I came in with an axe to grind after that td to crayton and i apologize. Sorry boys fans, grats on the win...

jobberone;2310324 said:
When are you going to stop beating your wife? Isn't that how you worded that question.

Where do you get off coming here and starting crap? I'm starting to really get pissed at you guys.

I repeat my previous post... Sorry.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
firehawk350;2310312 said:

A reasonable Commander fan? Wow.

Congrats to your team as well.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jobberone;2310324 said:

Don't use pysollogycollo on a Commander fan? He will just get it all wrong or mixrd up?

:laugh2:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
lurkercowboy;2310344 said:
A reasonable Commander fan? Wow.

Congrats to your team as well.

No he's not reasonable. Don't feed the trolls. Don't let one well timed remark get you off guard.

slick3434

Reaction score
yes todays game was fustrating and we weren't at our best but if u can remember a few weeks back the giants barely beat cin. Cin is a good offensive team and have a lot of fire power. We won against a decent team...a few plays here and there and if they had a healthy qb they wouldn't have the record they do now

kai cyr

Reaction score

It's not. You're right...we're bad...period. I'm not joking...we suck. What would we do without witten? My god, we're so overrated...