Hard to Watch Urban Meyer on Fox Sports

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Don’t worry. McCarthy and his rag tag group of coaches will go 1-15 this year, including losing to Jerry’s old worn out welcomed step son, Jason Garrett. He will go nuclear and clean the coaching house once more.

Step on down, Urban Meyer.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Don’t worry. McCarthy and his rag tag group of coaches will go 1-15 this year, including losing to Jerry’s old worn out welcomed step son, Jason Garrett. He will go nuclear and clean the coaching house once more.

May not be this year but isn't that how it always works with the Cowboys? Hire a coach, fire a coach, hire another one, wash, rinse, repeat.

The problem is the guy doing the hiring never gets fired. The fact that it isn't going to change doesn't make it less of a problem.

How many times does it have to happen before we all realize the coach isn't the problem in Dallas? How many have to be fired?

Zordon

Reaction score

Do you think Jerry is going to eat more than 30M in coaching contracts LOL?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This is the man and the family(Jones) who control our fate.....kin folks said hey Jerry go buy the Dallas Cowboys!!!:(

cowboyec

Reaction score
i like the McCarthy hire...but Urban was my 1st choice...The Urban Legend.
but i do like McCarthy...i thought he'd go to cleveland...seemed like a fit.
didnt think he would or could work for Jerry.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
May not be this year but isn't that how it always works with the Cowboys? Hire a coach, fire a coach, hire another one, wash, rinse, repeat.

The problem is the guy doing the hiring never gets fired. The fact that it isn't going to change doesn't make it less of a problem.

How many times does it have to happen before we all realize the coach isn't the problem in Dallas? How many have to be fired?

100% Truth

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Jerry’s getting very old my friend.... bodies die. But money does not. He may not make it to another Super Bowl. He has to realize this. He may catch on sooner than we think.... however. He is quite dumb in an arrogance sense so I’m not sure if this actually will happen

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
He said he didn't want a coach with no experience. He knows his times coming and dosent want to waste time. My choice was between Rhule and Riley.

CapnB

Reaction score
Doesnt matter who the coach is, Until folks in the organization realize the defense isn't talented like they think it is. Even Jesus Christ can come coach and bring Tom Landy to run the defense and they would still be last in the league in defense.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The man who should have been.....;)...as he has Jimmy Part II written all over his face!
But Jerry only hires YES men.........:(

This is truer than you think. Meyer, very much like Jimmy, doesn't last too long in one place. Even if we get him here don't get used to it.. He would walk away in 4-5 years citing "health concerns." That has been his M.O. pretty much everywhere he's been.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Wouldn’t make any difference.

It’s cute though y’all thinking someone else will do any better.

Like a little kid believing in Santa clause or something.
Urban wasn't coming without Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells-like contractually obligated football authority.

The two sides reached out and Meyer's side was clear about that. The Jones want no part of not getting to play "football guys."

Reactions: BAT

FVSTONE

Reaction score
And know what would’ve been..
You got that right, he would of been our Jimmy Johnson 2020.0 We're stuck with some retread fat *** who played " Let's pretend that I'm a head coach in the NFL and you are my Assistant Coaches " last year. What really pisses me off is the firing of Mark Colombo for Joe Philbin. What a fricking mistake. The O-Line looks and plays like a s#$%^t show. I believe Colombo is a far better coach than Philbin. I know the line is beat up but Philbin over Colombo, I don't see it!

Reactions: BAT

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
He would walk away in 4-5 years
4-5 years of Urban would have been better than anything we've had in a long time.

And like a JImmy...Norv Turner, Dave Wannstedt, Butch Davis...or a Parcells...Belichick, Sean Payton, Tom Coughlin... Urban grooms coaches. He could easily have set us up with the next guy.

Urba's coaching tree so far by the way...Dan Mullen, Kyle Whittingham, Tom Herman, Ryan Day.

We would have been better for it.