Hardy admonished by Cowboys for comments about Tom Brady's wife

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by RS12, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

23,806 Messages
    12,428 Likes Received
    Finally, there has been push back from the Cowboys regarding defensive end Greg Hardy’s controversial comments about New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady’s wife.

Coach Jason Garrett said the situation was addressed with Hardy immediately following his interview on Tuesday when he made the comments.

“Well we just addressed it immediately,” Garrett said. “That’s not how we want to operate as an organization, players and coaches in our organization understand that. We want to distinguish ourselves with our play, not with what we say. We define ourselves by what we do, not by what we say. Greg understands that now and that’s how we’re going (inaudible) going forward.”

Hardy created a stir Tuesday when he met with the media for the first time since signing with the Cowboys last March. Among the more notable comments Hardy made centered on Brady’s wife, Gisele Bundchen.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports...orner-blog/article38195196.html#storylink=cpy

2. RunDMC

RunDMC Benched

2,407 Messages
    2,286 Likes Received
    Still don't see what is the big deal.

3. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

13,140 Messages
    4,320 Likes Received
    Because the media cried about it.

w8lifter, Fontaine, Danger and 15 others like this.
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

74,622 Messages
    39,143 Likes Received
    I don't either. The first time I heard someone question it, I thought I must have missed something.

5. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

19,874 Messages
    3,867 Likes Received
    yeah, it was seen as him objectifying women and given he "is clearly an abuser", he should not be discussing women.

It is silly but that is the new firestorm. Leonard Little killed a guy and less was said about him than Greg Hardy.

6. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Fire Garrett

8,784 Messages
    5,071 Likes Received
    If he wasn't a Cowboy we'd be all over this guy right now but we're so desperate for something positive on the football field we're blind to this dude's weirdness.

Not saying I'm not glad he will be on the football field wearing a star I'm just saying with his previous issues it isn't surprising that there will be backlash when he says something a little off kilter.

7. pancakeman

pancakeman Well-Known Member

3,008 Messages
    1,462 Likes Received
    I don't get why this story starts with the word "Finally..."

Danger, Echo9, AshyLarry06 and 5 others like this.
  8. ilykdrama

ilykdrama Well-Known Member

1,474 Messages
    1,100 Likes Received
    Non issue, for sure. A guy can't say another man's lady isn't beautiful? She's a supermodel, not a peace corps volunteer.

9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

94,482 Messages
    19,831 Likes Received
    I don't think it is a big deal but glad Garrett spoke to him about it. I guess I would rather see players talking about opposing players not their family or wife. Keep it somewhat classy.

Bullflop, jobberone and stasheroo like this.
  10. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

10,666 Messages
    7,779 Likes Received
    Everybody including Hardy himself knew much scrutiny there would be in his return this week. Given that he just lost an entire season of his NFL career to allegations of domestic violence, the smart play would have been keeping his comments constrained to the game against NE.

He chose to diverge off that path and talk about the opposing QB's wife and her sister.

If nothing else, I think we learned Hardy isn't the smartest tool in the shed.

11. ElGatoGrande

ElGatoGrande EGG

7,288 Messages
    3,794 Likes Received
    it's pathetic how much we let the media and lunatic fringe bully us around.

ologan, Danger, Vtwin and 15 others like this.
  12. gambit187

gambit187 Well-Known Member

1,221 Messages
    640 Likes Received
    N
    Naw if he wasn't a Cowboy I would not care, not comment and would be too busy worrying about my daily life and struggles.....but that's just me and my hustler mentality

"I've got mouths to feed until they put flowers on me" Jay Z

Mr_C, djmajestik and Sportsbabe like this.
  13. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

23,806 Messages
    12,428 Likes Received
    Political correctness pendulum has swung way too far.

Trouty, unionjack8, AzorAhai and 13 others like this.
  14. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

18,059 Messages
    11,621 Likes Received
    This story is boring. Next.

Fletch likes this.
  15. YosemiteSam

YosemiteSam Unfriendly and Aloof!

44,876 Messages
    18,902 Likes Received
    The big deal is the media using hyperbole to make a story out of nothing.

GoJacks, Reality, Fletch and 2 others like this.
  16. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Fire Garrett

8,784 Messages
    5,071 Likes Received
    I agree that I wouldn't care either way, either. But I can't help but feel that if was signed by the Eagles or Redskins some on here would fine some fault in his statements. It's all just a matter of perspective I guess.

Little Jr likes this.
  17. RunDMC

RunDMC Benched

2,407 Messages
    2,286 Likes Received
    Like I said what's the big deal? He was clearly joking about Brady's wife and her sister. He said he hopes they're at the game. Maybe he's hoping that they see Hardy knock him around and rough him up abit. People as usual are just taking what a player says completely out of context.

chagus, chris1995 and ringmaster like this.
  18. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

47,730 Messages
    14,728 Likes Received
    I have seen and heard much worse. Having said that, it's Greg Hardy. Anything he says will be turned if at all possible. It's good that Garrett has tried to get ahead of it.

19. Tabascocat

Tabascocat Dexternjack

17,789 Messages
    18,255 Likes Received
    So, he wants some hot women to come watch him play and that is a no-no? :confused:

65fastback2plus2 likes this.
  20. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

5,282 Messages
    3,873 Likes Received
    Really? The PC in the media is sickening.

Garrett wants them to distinguish themselves with their play on the field....So when is that suppose to start happening?

chagus, khiladi, MrPhil and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.