Hardy admonished by Cowboys for comments about Tom Brady's wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
the media will go on withthis stuff all season because they don't like the fact he is in dallas

They reported it because it was goofy

“Have you seen his wife? I hope she comes to the game. I hope her sister comes to the game, all her friends come to the game. One of my favorite games of the year, guys.”
For some reason, Hardy was then told by a reporter that Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles probably has an attractive wife as well.
“Is she?” Hardy said. “This kind of information is important. That’s how I select my Pro Bowls.”

ifixoldhouses

Reaction score
Finally, there has been push back from the Cowboys regarding defensive end Greg Hardy’s controversial comments about New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady’s wife.

Coach Jason Garrett said the situation was addressed with Hardy immediately following his interview on Tuesday when he made the comments.

“Well we just addressed it immediately,” Garrett said. “That’s not how we want to operate as an organization, players and coaches in our organization understand that. We want to distinguish ourselves with our play, not with what we say. We define ourselves by what we do, not by what we say. Greg understands that now and that’s how we’re going (inaudible) going forward.”

Hardy created a stir Tuesday when he met with the media for the first time since signing with the Cowboys last March. Among the more notable comments Hardy made centered on Brady’s wife, Gisele Bundchen.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports...orner-blog/article38195196.html#storylink=cpy

You had me at adomish or w/e lol
Who uses that word?
warn or reprimand someone firmly.
"she admonished me for appearing at breakfast unshaven"

DandyDon52

Reaction score
joked about why he loves facing Brady.
“I love seeing Tom Brady. He’s cool,” Hardy said. “Have you seen his wife? I hope she comes to the game; I hope her sister comes to the game, all her friends come to the game. One of my favorite games of the year, guys.”
not that bad, he thinks he is a ladys man ! lol

coult44

Reaction score
If he wasn't a Cowboy we'd be all over this guy right now but we're so desperate for something positive on the football field we're blind to this dude's weirdness.

Not saying I'm not glad he will be on the football field wearing a star I'm just saying with his previous issues it isn't surprising that there will be backlash when he says something a little off kilter.

Tell me what you would be all over him for? I just want to know what I should be upset about him saying, so that I know where supposed to be with my morals. Apparently I'm off in my thinking because there are so many people upset with his comments.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
yeah, it was seen as him objectifying women and given he "is clearly an abuser", he should not be discussing women.

It is silly but that is the new firestorm. Leonard Little killed a guy and less was said about him than Greg Hardy.

No. The media would not let Leonard Little ever speak of motorists. It's standard procedure.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Tell me what you would be all over him for? I just want to know what I should be upset about him saying, so that I know where supposed to be with my morals. Apparently I'm off in my thinking because there are so many people upset with his comments.

Added attention and distraction, the Cowboys really do not want. What he said was goofy a bit immature no big deal but Cowboys really would rather see media attention about the game not this childish stuff.

Garrett spoke to him, Hardy is good with it just move on to the game.

canters

Reaction score
The extent that the PC culture has entered my beloved sport of pro football is depressing. Hardy is someone who speaks without thinking but this was not that big of a deal.....the PC media would not stop unless and until they got their pound of flesh.

RunDMC

Reaction score
They reported it because it was goofy

“Have you seen his wife? I hope she comes to the game. I hope her sister comes to the game, all her friends come to the game. One of my favorite games of the year, guys.”
For some reason, Hardy was then told by a reporter that Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles probably has an attractive wife as well.
“Is she?” Hardy said. “This kind of information is important. That’s how I select my Pro Bowls.”

So Hardy thinks there are NFL players that have attractive wives.

What a monster.

ringmaster

Reaction score
yeah, it was seen as him objectifying women and given he "is clearly an abuser", he should not be discussing women.

It is silly but that is the new firestorm. Leonard Little killed a guy and less was said about him than Greg Hardy.
Actually Little killed a woman years ago with his vehicle.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

What a monster.

Monster? You mean the flying spaghetti monster?

flying_spaghetti_monster_2-thumb-514x5141.jpg

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree with Joe Rod. Just give some panned answers, play ball, and let it all blow over. The Cowboys PR staff is probably going crazy anyway without these supposed "innuendos" remarks from Hardy.

canters

Reaction score
Hardy has been tried and convicted in the court of public opinion of the sports media...he cannot be allowed to pursue a career or exist as a human being without bowing to the norms the PC media impose.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

What a monster.

Did not say he was a monster but then again what the hell does Brady wife have to do with the upcoming game? Cowboys spoke to him you think they would do that if they were cool with it? I doubt it.
No crime was done, no punishment needed but this is not Carolina this is Dallas were things become big deals when someone passes gas in the locker room. It is just not needed.

RunDMC

Reaction score
Did not say he was a monster but then again what the hell does Brady wife have to do with the upcoming game? Cowboys spoke to him you think they would do that if they were cool with it? I doubt it.
No crime was done, no punishment needed but this is not Carolina this is Dallas were things become big deals when someone passes gas in the locker room. It is just not needed.

NFL players aren't allowed to make jokes or make levidity of the situation. Doing so is unacceptable!

They must be serious 24/7.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hardy has been tried and convicted in the court of public opinion of the sports media...he cannot be allowed to pursue a career or exist as a human being without bowing to the norms the PC media impose.

So if Jason Garrett were to say something to the effect of yeah speaking of Brady I wonder if his wife and sister are going to be at the game, big grin. That would be cool right?

Fact is the lights shine brighter in Dallas what is done and said become bigger deals than need be but it is the reality

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Everyone has their opinion. Good or bad. This guy will be scrutinized no matter what. People in the Dallas area love him. Say he's a genuine guy who's always around downtown Dallas.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Really? The PC in the media is sickening.

Garrett wants them to distinguish themselves with their play on the field....So when is that suppose to start happening?

Eventually Garret's comments will be construed as offensive to grass fields. And as a side note the income inequality of those that paint NFL field lines as opposed to those that own the teams will become a rallying cry.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
NFL players aren't allowed to make jokes or make levidity of the situation. Doing so is unacceptable!

They must be serious 24/7.

No they make joke all the time. Hollywood Henderson once said Terry Bradshaw was so stupid that he could not spell Cat if you spotted him the C and the T. I would just suggest keep family including wifes out of it. Why bring that on? this is Dallas not Carolina, Cowboys have enough on their plate without adding this childish crap to it

Status
Not open for further replies.