Has Amari Cooper played his last game under the Dallas Cowboys’ star?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
WR talk cracks me up....quiet guys who don't seem jazzed need to go because it looks like a lack of effort...….hyper guys who talk a lot and get crazy into games and upset are malcontents and bad for locker room. So I guess we need to find a smiling guy who can also get everyone together and say "Yippeee fellas, lets go play hard."

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, you either misread or interpreted wrong. My intent was assuming that 2018 would have ended in similar fashion as it begun without Cooper and 2019 results. Obviously we didn’t know the results at time of trade and why hindsight plays into my hypothetical situation.
Okay then, what is the justification for saying they were trying to save Dak since at that time the Cowboys had only missed the playoffs one time?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Okay then, what is the justification for saying they were trying to save Dak since at that time the Cowboys had only missed the playoffs one time?
Because they were headed for two consecutive playoff missed seasons . If that had been coupled with a third straight I believe we’d be in a different place now with Dak. That’s was the intention of my thought.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Troy Aikman did not like playing in poor weather either ... whats the point. Cooper has had back to back 1000 receiving yard season with the Cowboys.

Troys got 3 rings which is not the equivalent of two 1k seasons. Hell, Gallup had a 1k yards this year. What we should be looked at is how he fared against the top CBs. He was completely shutout by Stephon Gilmore. He had poor games against Lattimore and Ramsey. Basically had 2 big games this year against MN and GB. But the GB yards all came in garbage time after we had gone down 24-0. So, the question is why pay him when he's not a difference maker? He hasn't shown that he rises to the occasion in big games. He's just not a competitor.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Troys got 3 rings which is not the equivalent of two 1k seasons. Hell, Gallup had a 1k yards this year. What we should be looked at is how he fared against the top CBs. He was completely shutout by Stephon Gilmore. He had poor games against Lattimore and Ramsey. Basically had 2 big games this year against MN and GB. But the GB yards all came in garbage time after we had gone down 24-0. So, the question is why pay him when he's not a difference maker? He hasn't shown that he rises to the occasion in big games. He's just not a competitor.
Basically we’re worried what Dak will look like without Cooper and a WR1. We’ve actually already seen and didn’t like it.

It’s not enough to have a third of the Cap on OL and highest paid RB. We need a top 5 paid WR too. And then we’re going to pay our Bus Driver top 5 money but not expect him and the offense to carry us.

No worries . Our new SB caliber HC will bring it all together. Lol
SB or Bust:)

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because they were headed for two consecutive playoff missed seasons . If that had been coupled with a third straight I believe we’d be in a different place now with Dak. That’s was the intention of my thought.
You said 3 though, but even the 2 wasn't assured because Philly was struggling too. They had the same 3-4 record the Cowboys did. Even so, why does it have to be an effort to save Dak rather than an effort to save the season? After all, that's the goal, and saving Dak wouldn't make any sense anyway if they didn't believe in him already.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You said 3 though, but even the 2 wasn't assured because Philly was struggling too. They had the same 3-4 record the Cowboys did. Even so, why does it have to be an effort to save Dak rather than an effort to save the season? After all, that's the goal, and saving Dak wouldn't make any sense anyway if they didn't believe in him already.
Because that was my narrative.

Do you think we’d be in a different place with Dak after 3 consecutive missed playoffs?

quickccc

Reaction score
This is stupid. Stephen and Co will franchise or sign him longterm. We gave a 1st rounder for him and he played as such. He’ll be a Cowboy.

Cowboys likely to reserve that Franchise Tag for Dak (rather than Cooper) up until end of summer when they can finally close the deal to long term record breaking contract.
I think you secure your franchise cornerstone QB first, then you handle the rest of priority signees.

I could see the team choosing to use the Transition Tag on Cooper with giving him a No.1 tender.
I just don't think Cooper is worth being among the contracts likes of Julio and Thomas, and while I frankly have my doubts as him being elite, lead No.1, the Cowboys have
not only surrendered a first round for Cooper, but maybe the Win Now mode they are clearly in, may make them gamble to be more committed to re-signing Cooper and continuing
the rapport with Dak.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because that was my narrative.

Do you think we’d be in a different place with Dak after 3 consecutive missed playoffs?
That doesn't explain the foundation for your comment about the Cowboys getting Amari to save Dak, and, again, the comment about missing 3 consecutive playoffs has no bearing on the decision the Cowboys made at the time, when they had only missed the playoffs once, so it doesn't qualify as an argument regarding what the Cowboys were thinking at the time.

I'm wondering why you wont answer my question about why it couldn't be that the Cowboys could have just been trying to save the season, and why they would feel they needed to save Dak? Either they believed in him or not, and either way there would be no reason to "save him". If they didn't believe in him, what would be the point of saving him, and if they did, there was nothing for him to be saved from.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Basically we’re worried what Dak will look like without Cooper and a WR1. We’ve actually already seen and didn’t like it.

It’s not enough to have a third of the Cap on OL and highest paid RB. We need a top 5 paid WR too. And then we’re going to pay our Bus Driver top 5 money but not expect him and the offense to carry us.

No worries . Our new SB caliber HC will bring it all together. Lol
SB or Bust:)

If they aren't going to let MM allocate more cap dollars to the defense, I'm not sure what ultimatately changes. You can't pay every guy whose contract is up and due for a raise. Personally, I think we should slap Dak with a transitional tag, let him talk to other teams, and then gauge his real value. Worst case, someone throws stupid money at him and we get 2 first round picks from them, tank the 2020 season, and be in prime position for the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
WR talk cracks me up....quiet guys who don't seem jazzed need to go because it looks like a lack of effort...….hyper guys who talk a lot and get crazy into games and upset are malcontents and bad for locker room. So I guess we need to find a smiling guy who can also get everyone together and say "Yippeee fellas, lets go play hard."
:lmao::hammer:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If they aren't going to let MM allocate more cap dollars to the defense, I'm not sure what ultimatately changes. You can't pay every guy whose contract is up and due for a raise. Personally, I think we should slap Dak with a transitional tag, let him talk to other teams, and then gauge his real value. Worst case, someone throws stupid money at him and we get 2 first round picks from them, tank the 2020 season, and be in prime position for the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.
I’m really excited. Lol

This offense and QB will be expected to carry us with the overwhelming majority of Cap spent.

We hired an offensive minded HC to optimize our heavy investment on offense.

And a DC with no history of great defenses. What could go wrong? Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That doesn't explain the foundation for your comment about the Cowboys getting Amari to save Dak, and, again, the comment about missing 3 consecutive playoffs has no bearing on the decision the Cowboys made at the time, when they had only missed the playoffs once, so it doesn't qualify as an argument regarding what the Cowboys were thinking at the time.

I'm wondering why you wont answer my question about why it couldn't be that the Cowboys could have just been trying to save the season, and why they would feel they needed to save Dak? Either they believed in him or not, and either way there would be no reason to "save him". If they didn't believe in him, what would be the point of saving him, and if they did, there was nothing for him to be saved from.
Oh ok.

Saving Daks career was the priority IMO to save face with Jerry booting Romo to the curb the year before.

Nothing would have made Jerry look worse than Dak being a bust.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I think so, but hope not. A first round picks is a lot to give up for a rental.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Cowboys likely to reserve that Franchise Tag for Dak (rather than Cooper) up until end of summer when they can finally close the deal to long term record breaking contract.
I think you secure your franchise cornerstone QB first, then you handle the rest of priority signees.

I could see the team choosing to use the Transition Tag on Cooper with giving him a No.1 tender.
I just don't think Cooper is worth being among the contracts likes of Julio and Thomas, and while I frankly have my doubts as him being elite, lead No.1, the Cowboys have
not only surrendered a first round for Cooper, but maybe the Win Now mode they are clearly in, may make them gamble to be more committed to re-signing Cooper and continuing
the rapport with Dak.
Well said. Me too.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh ok.

Saving Daks career was the priority IMO to save face with Jerry booting Romo to the curb the year before.

Nothing would have made Jerry look worse than Dak being a bust.
I get that point a little more, although I don't think they really could have counted on the team going 7-2 from that point on. It still seems more likely to me that they were trying to correct what they found was a mistake they had made in letting the WR group get depleted. After all, if the team really thought Dak was a bust how could he be saved anyway?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I get that point a little more, although I don't think they really could have counted on the team going 7-2 from that point on. It still seems more likely to me that they were trying to correct what they found was a mistake they had made in letting the WR group get depleted. After all, if the team really thought Dak was a bust how could he be saved anyway?
I’m not saying they thought he was a bust. But trying to save face with public opinion.