Has Amari Cooper played his last game under the Dallas Cowboys’ star?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not saying they thought he was a bust. But trying to save face with public opinion.
I see your point, but ultimately I don't think they would make that kind of move for a temporary, short term boost in how the public sees one player. I think that's especially true given how committed the team has been to building throough the draft. I don't think they would have given up a 1st round pick for that.

Of course, the biggest boost for all players and for the team as a whole, both short term and long term, is to make moves that help the team win in the present and the future. That's what I think they were hoping Cooper would help with.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I see your point, but ultimately I don't think they would make that kind of move for a temporary, short term boost in how the public sees one player. I think that's especially true given how committed the team has been to building throough the draft. I don't think they would have given up a 1st round pick for that.

Of course, the biggest boost for all players and for the team as a whole, both short term and long term, is to make moves that help the team win in the present and the future. That's what I think they were hoping Cooper would help with.
I totally understand what you think. And agree with most. I’m just adding to it.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
No the Cowboys have said over and over Amari and Dak are priorities. Both will be wearing the star for several more years.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yes, the pressure and drama make for some continued discussions in social media.

Could this be the distraction that serves as distraction or derails Fat Mikeys inaugural season?

Maybe this is Idiot Sons new expertise? Lol
Better than the status quo the last 10 years.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Pretty informative. Seems like Cooper's being honest about his thought process

https://www.al.com/sports/2020/01/h...-last-game-under-the-dallas-cowboys-star.html

“I don’t think it’s all about money,” Cooper said about his offseason options. "... If you’re a highly touted free agent, you’re going to get paid a lot of money no matter where you go. Is it worth it to go somewhere that you probably don’t want to go as far as -- you might be a guy like me who’s from South Florida who’s never played a game in the snow?"

"Is it worth a million dollars more a year or two million dollars more a year, especially if you're taking care of your money investment-wise? Is it worth that to be in an environment that you don't want to be in? Or would you like to stay somewhere in the South? It's not all about money."

Wow...……...a guy with an actual head on his shoulders. NO ego about being "respected".

And to hear the word invest in the same sentence is wonderful to hear. Lots of ways to make money than just your salary.

We need to sign this guy. Need more guys like him. Although I must admit that I wouldn't mind seeing a little more fire in his game.