1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Has Mike McCarthy talked to media?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Playmaker247, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Playmaker247

Playmaker247 Well-Known Member

847 Messages
    1,539 Likes Received
    Has anyone heard when Mike McCarthy is going to talk to the media? I’ve seen all over the league other head coaches have had press conferences but nothing from McCarthy. Anyone know?

2. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

43,114 Messages
    44,744 Likes Received
    Waiting for Jerry to poke his head out of his Yacht. If he sees his JWB bottle shadow, we will hear nothing for 6 more week, until after TC. Because Jerry will be drinking the JWB knoll-aid.
    If he doesn't see it, Jerry will be searching for his bottle for 6 weeks, having MM help him.

So the answer is...we may not hear from him for 6 weeks.
    :lmao:

Maybe he is waiting for all to clear tests to start on filed practices. Then give a state of the union type PC.

3. MikeB80

MikeB80 Well-Known Member

3,289 Messages
    3,635 Likes Received
    what would he have to say at this point. They have done almost nothing as a team and if he holds a pc he will get hammered with Why didn't dak sign a deal.

Doomsday101, GenoT, OmerV and 4 others like this.
  4. ClappingCarrot

ClappingCarrot Well-Known Member

3,386 Messages
    9,678 Likes Received
    Mike is living in a Frisco hotel suite, and trying to get ready for his first season on a team that he's hardly been able to interact with since his hire.

The media is the least of his worries right now.

5. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

10,723 Messages
    7,760 Likes Received
    whats new? nothing 2 weeks of testing and that it..coaches have nothing to say at this point..when they are ready press conferences will happen.. no rason to break social distancing when nothing at all is going on..

6. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

16,918 Messages
    20,854 Likes Received
    Well that sucks! I thought this thread was about Mile talking to the media!

daboyzruleperiod and John813 like this.
  7. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Editor

75,526 Messages
    28,119 Likes Received
  8. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

16,616 Messages
    20,210 Likes Received
    I don't see Mike McCarthy as someone too anxious to be basking in the rays of a spotlight.

We might be lucky to see him giving most of his interviews after games during the season.

What little we've seen of him during offseason interviews shows a personable guy, though.

9. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

22,659 Messages
    55,275 Likes Received
    :hammer:

10. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

48,651 Messages
    35,971 Likes Received
    Not in the last few days, but he's spoken to local media plenty of times.

11. RodeoJake

RodeoJake Well-Known Member

2,573 Messages
    4,245 Likes Received
    They're still trying to figure out getting a cutout to talk.

12. BigBlacKahuna

BigBlacKahuna 22Cowboys21

1,409 Messages
    639 Likes Received
    Pretty good video clip there.

13. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

18,447 Messages
    21,284 Likes Received
    about what?

Future likes this.
  14. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

23,586 Messages
    40,328 Likes Received
    One of the attractive elements of McC to Booger and Son was his lack of desire to upstage them in the media. You will get more than you want from them and much of it will fall to other HC's on other teams. They prefer for their HC's to talk football and team to the media, these clowns prefer to do that themselves.

If you are one of those coaches that prefers to not be in the media, which is most of them, this is the best job in the game. When was the last time you saw a DC HC speak to the media without one of the Joneses around? If they get away, they might say something like "Scott Linehan will be back next season". Ohhhhh, can't have that.

Bobhaze and fivetwos like this.
  15. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

15,068 Messages
    25,500 Likes Received
    It worked with Barry Switzer.

RodeoJake likes this.
  16. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

19,730 Messages
    36,885 Likes Received
    I think some are underestimating the impact. I've seen some bold predictions for this season but McCarthy hasn't been able to get to know his players, work with them, etc.. Then there's the coaching staff, who also haven't much time to work with players (and each other).

The early part of the season is going to have a learning curve and the first 3 games are not easy. Could get off to a rough start.

Bullflop likes this.
  17. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

16,616 Messages
    20,210 Likes Received
    I trust this man, Mike McCarthy, and I'm hoping you do too. He's for real -- a man with some inner convictions, similar to what Tom Landry had. His sincere nature truly speaks volumes about his exceptional character. What you see is what you get.

I think he's a very special individual, who can be trusted to lead this team to new and better things. There's nothing false nor pretentious about him. He's the type that can be depended upon to do his best to create a highly successful atmosphere. Take heart, folks, he's for real!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  18. BlueStar22

BlueStar22 Well-Known Member

10,182 Messages
    2,577 Likes Received
    No need to talk when this thing ain't gonna happen this year.

19. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

3,425 Messages
    3,440 Likes Received
    Isnt it just something else?

I cringe every time Jerry decides to talk football and the media eats it up.

It makes me sick actually. The kid too.

75boyz likes this.
  20. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

30,955 Messages
    14,066 Likes Received