Has the owner/GM changed his thinking?

ESisback

Reaction score
My way of thinking is aligned with the main segment of fans and media I’m surrounded by and exposed to.

And I didn’t say Jethro is the sole cause of our lack of success this era. There’s always contributing factors but there’s not been one constant throughout more prevalent. Any fan who denies this is laughable.
No, YOU’RE laughable in your arrogant, “superior”, little Local Bubble. There are many constants prevalent, like injury and circumstance. And competition.

And your insistence on having the last word on this only illustrates your need for validation. You’re changing NO ONE’S mind. We’re just chuckling!

CoachD

Reaction score
NO!!! He continues to draft way too many players with character issues and or injuries after the first round.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Jones boys have made a half dozen head coaching changes since the last time they won anything more than the NFC East. Three of them were first-time NFL head coaches, two of them had won a SB previously, and the other was Wade Phillips, so it doesn't seem head coach has actually been the problem.

Garrett didn't ruin a decade of Cowboys football. Jerry and Stephen have ruined a quarter century of Cowboys football, and counting.

Yes, they ruined a decade of football by picking some idiot like Garrett to run the product on the field. Among other stupid decisions.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It is what it is. I defend him against false or unsubstantiated claims. I retain he was a good puppet this era. And his record ranks up with much more proven Cowboys HC in this era.

Which isn’t claiming he was a good HC but not as bad as some want to portray. His longevity appears to have just frustrated many. But that’s on our owner. And a testament to our franchises dysfunction.

You were is biggest fan. Surely you must be proud. Being the BEST PUPPET EVER!!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Probably not but he’s been making mistake after mistake with his meddling style long before Garrett arrived.

The Garrett era was actually the most consistent level of success in the last 25 years which isn’t necessarily a testament to Garrett but a poor depiction of our dysfunctional ownership.

Garrett is yet another dumb decision in a long line of decisions for our dysfunctional ownership. Anyone that supported or defended Garrett is a joke and looked dumb doing it. You were at the forefront of his embarrassment as you defended him day after day as if he was the greatest coach in Cowboys history.

"Garrett is my shining light in the darkness"

Do you remember saying that? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

fansince68

Reaction score
I've seen several comments about the owner not making coaching changes and using the 10 years with Garrett as the reasoning but is it just the opposite? He waited for it to come and it never did. His patience went unrewarded.

Has the fact that he's not getting any younger and a year closer to checking out every year affected his thinking about time and how much there is left to see another SB?

Some feel McC is safe but they pulled the trigger on Nolan after one year and now have two succession candidates on the staff and who thinks the owner won't pull a Garrett move with Kellen Moore?

I really do think we are seeing a new sense of urgency, an awareness of the clock that we've not seen before from him and I do not think that bodes well for McC. He needs a kickstart to this season or we could see the second HC replaced during the season.

The fans are impatient and last season was more embarrassing than a lot of losing seasons. So, the owner is impatient too.

And what do you think the players think? Who brought Nolan in last season and who allowed the defense to get turned inside out? Think there might also be some impatient players?

I think McC has a ticket on the 3:10 to Yuma that he is unaware of and if he starts off 1-3, that train pulls into the station and if he goes to 2-6, his ticket gets punched. I know, some feel not unless he's lost the team. At 2-5 or 6, he's lost the team and management. No GM pays a QB this much and assembles this O to go 2-5 or 6.

The other NFL owners have been getting more itchy trigger fingers with HC's every season and now I think this owner has joined their ranks.

McC better win or pack it in.
There has to be an appropriate "YES man" x coach available before he will get rid of Big Mac.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Garrett is yet another dumb decision in a long line of decisions for our dysfunctional ownership. Anyone that supported or defended Garrett is a joke and looked dumb doing it. You were at the forefront of his embarrassment as you defended him day after day as if he was the greatest coach in Cowboys history.

Whoa!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Oh come-on through in a aw hek
How about:
Dizamn! That was some shiznozz!
Toss some shizice on something shiznice!
I need to get my drizink izzon!

Where's Martha Stewzart when you nizeed her!?

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I never said he was the greatest coach. I said he was the greatest puppet.

And yes, during what I have described as the darkest era in Cowboys history Garrett was a shining light for me when I had little hope.

His history with his father to the Landry and his playing days with Jimmy provided a connection to our glory eras with something to be proud of and root for when I felt we had little to be proud of.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Last year is a wash because of all the injuries. McCarthy is not on the hot seat at least not yet. He’ll get his 3 year chance at least.
well, if we start really bad, then Jerry might just pull the trigger. what would be McC's excuse if we start, lets say 1-5?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I never said he was the greatest coach. I said he was the greatest puppet.

And yes, during what I have described as the darkest era in Cowboys history Garrett was a shining light for me when I had little hope.

His history with his father to the Landry and his playing days with Jimmy provided a connection to our glory eras with something to be proud of and root for when I felt we had little to be proud of.

Nobody defends a coach like that unless you think he is going a great job.

Nobody calls a coach "the shining light in a dark time" unless they really like him.

NOBODY was saying anything about other puppets. That was just some dumb fall back angle you tried pawning off after it was obvious Garrett was a joke.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
well, if we start really bad, then Jerry might just pull the trigger. what would be McC's excuse if we start, lets say 1-5?
Just look at our schedule .
@Tampa
@LAC
Phi
Car
NYG
@NE

I could see a 2-4 start. All 3 road games are definitely losable . And could lose one of the home games.

2-4 at the Bye would provide an opportunity to make a change. 3-3 probably no change.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nobody defends a coach like that unless you think he is going a great job.

Nobody calls a coach "the shining light in a dark time" unless they really like him.

NOBODY was saying anything about other puppets. That was just some dumb fall back angle you tried pawning off after it was obvious Garrett was a joke.
I did like Garrett for the reasons I stated. When your hopeless fan you look for something to get behind. And his history provided that for me. I felt if we’re going to be stuck with puppets , he’s one I could get support. He was a Cowboy thru and thru.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Just look at our schedule .
@Tampa
@LAC
Phi
Car
NYG
@NE

I could see a 2-4 start. All 3 road games are definitely losable . And could lose one of the home games.

2-4 at the Bye would provide an opportunity to make a change. 3-3 probably no change.
I can see a 5-1 start as well. outside of Tampa, the other ones don't scare me...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I can see a 5-1 start as well. outside of Tampa, the other ones don't scare me...
Chargers look to be one of the most improved teams with probably next great elite QB. And Patriots always tough up there. Then all you need is one choke at home.

Not predicting just saying I could see it.