Has the owner/GM changed his thinking?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Chargers look to be one of the most improved teams with probably next great elite QB. And Patriots always tough up there. Then all you need is one choke at home.

Not predicting just saying I could see it.
I could see it to, but I could also see 5-1..... Herbert looked great, but he must continue that for a couple of more years to be considered great..so we will see. Patriots are always tough. but newton is not newton of old. we will see.

Techsass

Reaction score
Team definitely doesnt go 6-10 with Dak at QB. Lets not forget that under Dak we lost to 3 playoff teams and we were in all of those games until the very end.
Except for the opener where we lost 17-20, we were scoring in the 30s every game until we lost Dak. We then went 10; 3 & 9 points after.

Brax

Reaction score
We don’t know if all the owners are narcissistic billionaires. That would be assuming all billionaires are narcissist.

That reply is an attempt to defend our owner softening the blow.
As bad as Jerry is just think a new owner could be more brain dead than our current president.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I did like Garrett for the reasons I stated. When your hopeless fan you look for something to get behind. And his history provided that for me. I felt if we’re going to be stuck with puppets , he’s one I could get support. He was a Cowboy thru and thru.

There is no excuse for your daily support and defense of the hapless Garrett. Your reputation is forever tainted.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There is no excuse for your daily support and defense of the hapless Garrett. Your reputation is forever tainted.
I’m proud of my support of Garrett. He was one of the best puppets we’ve had in this dysfunctional organization. And up against much more proven and experienced HC’s this era his record stands with them. You’ve obviously never grasped my perspective.

All you’ve done is attempted to discredit the messenger because you don’t like the message. But up against our other puppets this down era you’ve never provided any comparisons with our other puppets to dispel my support.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I rest my case!
Good, I’m glad you’re finally done. Shameful you couldn’t handle me calling Jethro a narcissistic billionaire. He’s an embarrassment for our franchise and city.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Except for the opener where we lost 17-20, we were scoring in the 30s every game until we lost Dak. We then went 10; 3 & 9 points after.
True but after a dismal performance offensively after Dak went down we begun scoring again with Daltons return putting up 31,30,41 & 37 points in 4 victories.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I've seen several comments about the owner not making coaching changes and using the 10 years with Garrett as the reasoning but is it just the opposite? He waited for it to come and it never did. His patience went unrewarded.

Has the fact that he's not getting any younger and a year closer to checking out every year affected his thinking about time and how much there is left to see another SB?

Some feel McC is safe but they pulled the trigger on Nolan after one year and now have two succession candidates on the staff and who thinks the owner won't pull a Garrett move with Kellen Moore?

I really do think we are seeing a new sense of urgency, an awareness of the clock that we've not seen before from him and I do not think that bodes well for McC. He needs a kickstart to this season or we could see the second HC replaced during the season.

The fans are impatient and last season was more embarrassing than a lot of losing seasons. So, the owner is impatient too.

And what do you think the players think? Who brought Nolan in last season and who allowed the defense to get turned inside out? Think there might also be some impatient players?

I think McC has a ticket on the 3:10 to Yuma that he is unaware of and if he starts off 1-3, that train pulls into the station and if he goes to 2-6, his ticket gets punched. I know, some feel not unless he's lost the team. At 2-5 or 6, he's lost the team and management. No GM pays a QB this much and assembles this O to go 2-5 or 6.

The other NFL owners have been getting more itchy trigger fingers with HC's every season and now I think this owner has joined their ranks.

McC better win or pack it in.

My thoughts are this: there is a new Marshall in town - just who have you beaten now?

He holds even Jerry accountable...

waving monkey

Reaction score
JJones is simply a poor judge of talent. Thats not directly addressing your query but its a horrible fault when your a GM. To your question, Jerry is reactionary and ten years is ancient history until whoever is HC gets to the SB.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I've seen several comments about the owner not making coaching changes and using the 10 years with Garrett as the reasoning but is it just the opposite? He waited for it to come and it never did. His patience went unrewarded.

Has the fact that he's not getting any younger and a year closer to checking out every year affected his thinking about time and how much there is left to see another SB?

Some feel McC is safe but they pulled the trigger on Nolan after one year and now have two succession candidates on the staff and who thinks the owner won't pull a Garrett move with Kellen Moore?

I really do think we are seeing a new sense of urgency, an awareness of the clock that we've not seen before from him and I do not think that bodes well for McC. He needs a kickstart to this season or we could see the second HC replaced during the season.

The fans are impatient and last season was more embarrassing than a lot of losing seasons. So, the owner is impatient too.

And what do you think the players think? Who brought Nolan in last season and who allowed the defense to get turned inside out? Think there might also be some impatient players?

I think McC has a ticket on the 3:10 to Yuma that he is unaware of and if he starts off 1-3, that train pulls into the station and if he goes to 2-6, his ticket gets punched. I know, some feel not unless he's lost the team. At 2-5 or 6, he's lost the team and management. No GM pays a QB this much and assembles this O to go 2-5 or 6.

The other NFL owners have been getting more itchy trigger fingers with HC's every season and now I think this owner has joined their ranks.

McC better win or pack it in.

Garrett was an adopted son, the coach Jerry made. I don't know that Jerry has more urgency, but coaches will get the hook sooner than the Red Menace did.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
McCarthy will be fine, I read somewhere he’s in the best shape of his life, yes round is a shape.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m proud of my support of Garrett. He was one of the best puppets we’ve had in this dysfunctional organization. And up against much more proven and experienced HC’s this era his record stands with them. You’ve obviously never grasped my perspective.

All you’ve done is attempted to discredit the messenger because you don’t like the message. But up against our other puppets this down era you’ve never provided any comparisons with our other puppets to dispel my support.
Only a complete moron would talk about a best puppet.

Thats what you fail to grasp. Lol

Have you ever heard anyone talk about a best puppet?

No one defends puppets or “best puppets”.

Give it up already.

Techsass

Reaction score
True but after a dismal performance offensively after Dak went down we begun scoring again with Daltons return putting up 31,30,41 & 37 points in 4 victories.
Those were the only games that we managed to score above 20 points after we lost Dak. The Bengals & Philly (in full tank mode) were the only 2 teams we held below 20 points all season long.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Good, I’m glad you’re finally done. Shameful you couldn’t handle me calling Jethro a narcissistic billionaire. He’s an embarrassment for our franchise and city.

Jerry is an embarrassment, Garrett was an embarrassment and you are an embarrassment as a fan.

"Garrett was my shining light and the greatest puppet ever"!!!!

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Moore, this has nothing to do with him other than I do think Booger sees him as the future HC of the Cowboys and I think he's been sold on that by Moore's fans.

There is this air of mystery around Kellen Moore. They release all of the coaching staff, including Moore, and he's already accepting the Huskies OC gig and moving back home and after a 12 hour interview in which McC convinces the owner to hire him as the HC, McC is singing Moore's praises and asking him to dump the Huskies deal and come back.

Now, I am assuming here so don't anyone come punish me since I admitted that up front.

Put yourself in McC's position. He's out of the league and not in high demand and gets the chance to interview for the DC HC job along with other names being thrown about. How is he coming to that interview? He needs and wants the job and has enough information to realize this amounts to a personal services contract to the owner, not unlike what Belichick, Gruden and Rivera have.

He is well aware of Booger's remarks about Garrett making him comfortable so he knows what he has to do in order to get him to call off the search and hire him. Make Booger feel comfortable with the future with McC as the HC. No wave making, no headline seeking and no upstaging of the most self-important owner in all sports.

I think he wanted to convince Booger of 3 things. 1) He was amenable to a flexible contract, 2) he was a huge fan of Dak Prescott's and could take him to the next level and 3) he was a Kellen Moore fan and would like him to be his OC. I think he went into that interview to sell one thing to Booger, comfort.

You've made several mistakes. First, if all the coaches are fired, which has never happened in Dallas, that would include McCarthy and then McCarthy convinces Jones to rehire Moore as the head coach. Why would that make McCarthy happy Moore came back as head coach and why would Jone then listen to McCarthy? The next mistake you made is before McCarthy was a head coach, he was either a QB coach or offensive coordinator so why would McCarthy think he had a shot at either the defensive coordinator's job or head coach when he was never a DC? The third mistake is at one time there were personal service contracts in the NFL until they bared them and now all contracts have to be to the team and not the owner. That's three mistakes with your assumptions.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I do not want to speculate as to what a senile oil wildcatter in his last years on earth is thinking.

But the movie "3:10 to Yuma" is one of the best westerns in history. A metaphysical western with great lines such as "Sometimes a man has to be big enough to know how small he is."
Hooray for you Yanks' genius with some westerns and CGIs movies. Leave the serious movies to me Brits.
I generally watch only easterns.....which is basically your typical western with more raw fish....so I suppose I wouldn't be able to lend much to the discussion.

;):)