Has there ever been any info on how Dak's brother died?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was wondering the same, but dead is dead. Death doesn't need a reason.

One thing I learned in my career.....we all have an appointment that we all shall keep. You can't call in sick or reschedule it.

I think Jerry and Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones did manage to reschedule...

ItzKelz

Reaction score
It's a terrible story. I've never experienced anything like that in all my years and don't see how families deal with it going forward. Has to be very hard. Prayers to the Prescott family.
I actually have dealt with a very close family member. Mentally, Dak is still going through this is my guess. It took years for me to stop taking some blame for not seeing any signs. The only good that came out of it was that I became more of a work-holic than I already was and being in commission based business it was lucrative. My hopes for Dak is that it gives him even more focus to work to achieve his goals of being a SB winning QB.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
However he died...George Jones sang it best “Living and Dying with the Choices I’ve Made”...

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
If it is predetermined what you will do, how is it free will? Free will would suggest the ability to make a choice that isn’t expected or previously known, even from a higher being.

lol. Don't go there. Per mod rules.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but has there ever been any info on how Daks brother died?

No official reason was ever given, but the majority of social media sites on the Internet say it was suicide.

I had a high school friend that committed suicide, never let on that anything was wrong so I never had the chance to help him. I guess that is one of the reasons I voluntered to work at the suicide crisis hot line during college. I discovered that this is not unusual, some people hide their feelings so well that you never know that they are thinking about doing it until its too late.

TWOK11

Reaction score
I won’t get into religion on here but we have free will to do as we want. But HE may know what your gonna do before you do it also.

Superstitious nonsense

And people really need to stop speculating on this topic. It’s pretty tacky.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but has there ever been any info on how Daks brother died?
Yeah. He died from the same thing everyone dies from. His heart eventually stopped beating. Everyone dies from from that.
:grin:

DFWJC

Reaction score
If it is predetermined what you will do, how is it free will? Free will would suggest the ability to make a choice that isn’t expected or previously known, even from a higher being.
Multiple outcomes based on choices and free will, but maybe He can see each outcome.
We're just confined by our very limited scope of time, but it's just another dimension, as is space.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Usually, out of respect for the surviving members of the family, the media tries to steer clear of deaths under questionable circumstances. And cause of death, unless under criminal suspicion, isn't in the public interest unless the resulting death serves a purpose to expose a larger problem.

Years ago, a very popular high school teacher in Plano, TX took his own life. The school and students were in a state of shock because he was loved by all who knew him. A couple of days later, the story appeared of this poor man's fight with clinical depression and I began to connect to his story as I was diagnosed but not to the degree he was fighting. The story chronicled everything this poor man did to try and beat it, counseling, drugs, even shock therapy and finally gave up hope that he would ever "feel normal". His friends interviewed all said the same thing "saddened but not shocked" and he fought it as long as he could.

We see these stories about celebrities, to us riding the crest of the wave, that take their own lives and we are shocked because from our point of view they had everything going for them. What we can't see killed them.

Mental health is the least understood and addressed issue in this country. There are certain conditions that I not only understand suicide but might take that path myself if the pain was unbearable and unrelenting and it was all hopeless except for that one hitch. I would stop being a victim but I would create more victims.

The audacity that survivors have to think they could have prevented another person from making the single hardest and reversible decision in their lives amazes me. Strangers manning suicide prevention lines have better success than family or friends that suffer that guilt that they didn't do enough.