Has Zeke lost some of his speed?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Lol damn y’all wild. Saquan gets caught from behind nobody cares. Zeke does he gets questioned. I don’t remember the last time he had a wide open lane to take it to the house. When’s the last time he had a hole like Saquan did be us when Chido caught him? I challenge someone to show me the play from last year
Saquan hit the fastest speed of any ball carrier in week 1. Chido was just faster (hit the fastest speed since 2017 in fact).

Last edited:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I will say the man earns his money and is a stud RB but I cant help but think he was faster in his rookie year. I just dont see zeke breaking alot of those long runs like he did his rookie year.

Yes I don't think he has his breakaway speed anymore.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Maybe one of these games he will break a long TD run and prove he hasn’t lost any speed. It’s been a long time since we’ve seen it.
Well if he cant do it against Miami, better forget it.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Tony Pollard ran and unofficial 4.37 and has yet to break one long. Give Zeke time, and watch teams back up into coverage, then watch Zeke sore.
pollard has only had a few carries and no gaping holes like elliot has had.
Heck Randle would have already broken a long run.

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
Absolutely not. He held out. They held him back significantly week one, and to a lesser degree week 2, working him up to game speed. In order to avoid him getting hurt. He not only has not lost anything, but has not reached his peak.

stinkface

Reaction score
Besides Barkley, name one back who runs away from the secondary? The secondary guys are the fastest guys on any team. However, let those secondary guys get tackled about 20 times a game and that speed won't be what it was. I think running backs are always a bit nicked up and I think they also try to protect themselves a bit from being tackled from behind when they are running flat out. When Bo got injured it was because he was running full speed and someone who had the angle got him from the side and behind. Bo's career over at that point. The true test on any running backs speed is always when he is in the open and trying to get run down from behind. I haven't seen zeke get run down from behind in that situation yet.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Zeke is like Emmitt, he was never a homerun runner. but if he gets out there he is hard to run down, just like Emmitt was, but he is not a homerun hitter.

Go watch that Pittsburgh game his rookie year. I agree with OP, he used to be fast and now not so much.

Btw I still think he’s an elite running back. But simply agreeing that he has lost some speed for sure.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
His belly has grown a bit since his early years but he's still as productive as ever!:thumbup:

It possibly takes him longer to reach top speed! Maybe it's just what the night life will do?

Last edited:

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Star-Wars-Movie-Props-Display-Restoration-Ewoks-14.jpg

visionary

Reaction score
Yeah I think he has. I always remember this play from his rookie season. Dude got tripped up at the LOS but still split the safeties and left them in the dust. This is probably a 20 yd gain today.

That ain’t happening now

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Zeke used to hit the holes at 100mph that's why he looked more explosive.

Now I see a guy that takes his time to maneuver through the right lanes and keep the chains moving instead of looking for the homerun every run.
We had another guy that did that for a while here. Ended up doing pretty well, made off with some nice jewelry and a gold jacket.