Has Zeke lost some of his speed?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Saquan hit the fastest speed of any ball carrier in week 1. Chido was just faster (hit the fastest speed since 2017 in fact).

That was a great play by Awuzie. What’s amazing to me is that people don’t understand angles and questioning how Barkley got “walked down.”

When you’re on a football field you have a finite amount of field to run on. Barkley has to flatten-out or he’d run past the sideline. Awuzie is coming in on an angle which allows him to beat Zeke to a point. It’s geometry coupled with distance over time.

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
I heard Nate Newton on Cowboys post game OT show, say that he thought zeke actually missed some holes early in the game but as the game progressed and the more
carries he received you saw the patience and vision he is known for in his running.
I said in an observation take thread earlier, that I thought zeke is still gradually getting back his 'sea-legs' after a lengthy holdout.
that's where I think even the practice-drills in camp keep him simulated and in rhythm in finding the developing holes and lanes.
He's definitely on his way back to his rushing form.

fansince68

Reaction score
No. He has changed his running style. He used to explode to the line. This is great when there is a hole, when there is not a hole, it results in unnecessary collisions. If you add Linehan's vanilla offense and running the ball when there is 8-10 in the box you can see why the coaches asked Zeke to adapt to a running style similar to Bells running style. You will see long explosive runs when the WR's get more comfortable with blocking in the short zone and downfield. Henry from the Titans gets long runs, do you think he's faster than Zeke?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Look at the play at 5:03 That needs to be taken to the house.

I dont know about that. Jenkins and the other db where on him. But I'll give you that one. Hope he has a better hole to get through full speed. Saquan was full speed through the hole week 1

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I don't think Zeke has lost any speed. Zeke as one of the best running backs in Dallas history. Is also one of the few who doesn't break off huge runs through the season. Even Emmitt had his long runs. Usually caught from behind though. LOL. I don't really see the offensive opening up huge holes for Zeke to really break one long. I think it's a compensation of both. Zeke and the Oline. At OSU. Zeke had a lot of long runs.

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I see somebody responded with evidence while you look like a clown.

I can’t help you if you can’t comprehend how dumb of a challenge/request it was to make.

Im perfectly content letting you revel in your own stupidity claiming victory.

And btw, do you agree Zeke should have broke the run on the play that was posted?

quickccc

Reaction score
Barkley is the premo the most explosive, breakaway RB in the entire NFL today, that's not a contested debate, imo.
and i'm not even referring to him having the most 20+ yards from rushing RBs in the NFL either. I just don't see any other back amassing
50-60+ yrd runs the way he is doing so.
and it's not always about his OL, he is creating many of those runs with his gifted elusiveness at the line, before instantly turning it into 2nd gear.

my question is who is the 2nd best, most explosive back in the entire NFL ?
as i'm seeing Vikes Dalvin Cook busting 50-70 yrd plays wide open, I have to say he's in the mix as the 2nd most explosive.

-after that ?.. Gurley ... Kamara ? .. Zeke ? ..Bell ? ...Henry ? ...McCaffrey?

Batman1980

Reaction score
Barkley is the premo the most explosive, breakaway RB in the entire NFL today, that's not a contested debate, imo.
and i'm not even referring to him having the most 20+ yards from rushing RBs in the NFL either. I just don't see any other back amassing
50-60+ yrd runs the way he is doing so.
and it's not always about his OL, he is creating many of those runs with his gifted elusiveness at the line, before instantly turning it into 2nd gear.

my question is who is the 2nd best, most explosive back in the entire NFL ?
as i'm seeing Vikes Dalvin Cook busting 50-70 yrd plays wide open, I have to say he's in the mix as the 2nd most explosive.

-after that ?.. Gurley ... Kamara ? .. Zeke ? ..Bell ? ...Henry ? ...McCaffrey?

If you're not special every time the ball is in your hands, you shouldn't be the highest paid RB in the NFL.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's not at peak performance level yet or in game shape, he's tapping out earlier than usual because he needs a recharge sooner. He should play himself into shape because he knows what that takes.

Batman1980

Reaction score
He's not at peak performance level yet or in game shape, he's tapping out earlier than usual because he needs a recharge sooner. He should play himself into shape because he knows what that takes.

Then maybe he shouldn't have spent the summer in Cabo sipping pina coladas and getting lost in the rain.