Hate To Admit It But Cowboys Are Not A SuperBowl Team..

Reaction score
SuperBowl teams don't have stupid penalties the Cowboys did. The Cowboys had 12 for 93 yards.

SuperBowl teams don't give up the amount of sacks that the Cowboys offensive line did today. They gave up three sacks.

SuperBowl teams can't have a QB that continues to make mistakes each week and that is what Romo has done by fumbling three times and losing one.

SuperBowl teams are suppose to be able to establish the run, the Cowboys have shown an inability to do so.

You can't win if you don't have balance!

SuperBowl teams are suppose to convert on third-downs. Well, the Cowboys were horrible at that against an suspect secondary, going 6-15 on third downs.

If you expect to make it to the promise land, you can't continue with poor Special-Teams that gave up a TD on the first play of the game.

The Special-Teams, well that is al least the name that each team calls them, is not very special at all. Forget about the penalties for a second, but let's talk about a missed 36 yard field-goal by Folk. Let's talk about the poor average that Adam Jones has on punt-returns. Now, we can talk about penalties, which from what I can recall, we had about 4 on ST's. Oh, by the way, Folk also kicked the ball out of bounds, costing the Cowboys field position.

And...... last but not least.... SuperBowl teams don't have coaches that make poor decisions!!!! Ya, I said it, the coaching staff did a poor job especially Jason Garrett. Everybody is quick to make him head coach but Jason Garrett has come up small in big situations dating back from last year against the Giants in the Playoffs. This is now at least the third game that Jason Garrett just flat SUCK'D!!!! His poor play calling has cost the Cowboys a possible trip to the SuperBowl last year. Garrett, cost the Cowboys with his decision to not run the ball against the Commanders and today in over-time with 15 mintues left, throw the ball three times in the row, knowing that the O-Line has struggled protecting Romo all day. If Garrett is such a genius as some people say he is, then why not mix it up? The game in over-time is a new ball game and you just won the coin toss. Why not get Barber involved running the ball and some dump-offs to Barber?

Sorry, but Jason Garrett is to blame here. There was no excuses for his poor play calling in a tie game and have the momentum.

Hate to say it but the Cowboys are not a SuperBowl team. They may have the most talent in the NFL but talent alone win not win you a Championship, just ask the Yankees' whom like the Cowboys have a paper Championship team and will never win a Championship unless you have CHEMISTERY and SMARTS which the Cowboys lack in both areas.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2332008 said:
SuperBowl teams don't have stupid penalties Cowboys did. The Cowboys had 12 for 93 yards.

SuperBowl teams don't give up the amount of sacks that the Cowboys offensive line did today. They gave up three sacks.

SuperBowl teams can't have a QB that continues to make mistakes each week and that is what Romo has done by fumbling three times and losing one.

SuperBowl teams are suppose to be able to establish the run, the Cowboys have shown an inability to do so.

You can't win if you don't have balance!

SuperBowl teams are suppose to convert on third-downs. Well, the Cowboys were horrible at that against an suspect secondary, going 6-15 on third downs.

If you expect to make it to the promise land, you can't continue with poor Special-Teams that gave up a TD on the first play of the game.

The Special-Teams, well that is al least the name that each team calls them, is not very special at all. Forget about the penalties for a second, but let's talk about a missed 36 yard field-goal by Folk. Let's talk about the poor average that Adam Jones has on punt-returns. Now, we can talk about penalties, which from what I can recall, we had about 4 on ST's. Oh, by the way, Folk also kicked the ball out of bounds, costing the Cowboys field position.

And...... last but not least.... SuperBowl teams don't have coaches that make poor decisions!!!! Ya, I said it, the coaching staff did a poor job especially Jason Garrett. Everybody is quick to make him head coach but Jason Garrett has come up small in big situations dating back from last year against the Giants in the Playoffs. This is now at least the third game that Jason Garrett just flat SUCK'D!!!! His poor play calling has cost the Cowboys a possible trip to the SuperBowl last year. Garrett, cost the Cowboys with his decision to not run the ball against the Commanders and today in over-time with 15 mintues left, throw the ball three times in the row, knowing that the O-Line has struggled protecting Romo all day. If Garrett is such a genius as some people say he is, then why not mix it up? The game in over-time is a new ball game and you just won the coin toss. Why not get Barber involved running the ball and some dump-offs to Barber?

Sorry, but Jason Garrett is to blame here. There was no excuses for his poor play calling in a tie game and have the momentum.

Hate to say it but the Cowboys are not a SuperBowl team. They may have the most talent in the NFL but talent alone win not win you a Championship, just ask the Yankees' whom like the Cowboys have a paper Championship team and will never win a Championship unless you have CHEMISTERY and SMARTS which the Cowboys lack in both areas.
Tell me something i dont know.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Nobody in this league is a Super Bowl team right now.

Maybe the Giants, but they have not hit the hard part of their schedule either.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
windward;2332020 said:
Nobody in this league is a Super Bowl team right now.

Maybe the Giants, but they have not hit the hard part of their schedule either.

The way the Cowboys are looking they may never hit it.

Reaction score
utrunner07;2332015 said:
AND....the earth is round :)

jk good post.

The truth hurts. Let me say this, yes, the season is not lost yet but... these are games you need to win. WE play like this against TB, Giants, Eagles and Skins matters well kiss the season over.

IMO, Wade is losing his grip on these players. The hot seat for Wade and now Garrett is getting hotter. Just look at Jerry's face to see the pain in his eyes.

Right now, the Cowboys are on the outside looking in on the Wild-Card if the season had to end now. BTW, the Eagles are 1.5 games behind us!

Boysboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2332093 said:
The truth hurts. Let me say this, yes, the season is not lost yet but... these are games you need to win. WE play like this against TB, Giants, Eagles and Skins matters well kiss the season over.

IMO, Wade is losing his grip on these players. The hot seat for Wade and now Garrett is getting hotter. Just look at Jerry's face to see the pain in his eyes.

Right now, the Cowboys are on the outside looking in on the Wild-Card if the season had to end now. BTW, the Eagles are 1.5 games behind us!

You mean the same Eagles team that played pretty pitifully against the Whiners until the last 12 minutes when JT O'Sullivan pulled a Sage Rosenfels?

Seriously though-read my OP somewhere I posted earlier...my FEAR is that the Post-Parcells Curse is starting to bite us now. It did so to the Giants, NE, and the Jets when he bolted them unexpectedly...only for them to have incompetent ***** replace him.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2332099 said:
You can't look at this team thinking it's a good team because they are not!
Actually I can.

I do think this is a good team. A very good team in fact.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2332099 said:
You can't look at this team thinking it's a good team because they are not!

Honestly, we weren't very good last year. We played alot of teams that had washup-up QBs(Miami), QBs on their last leash(Chicago), HORRIBLE QBs(Minny and NYJ), a boatload of injuries(Rams, Skins 1, and Panthers), defenses still learning new schemes(Giants 1), a boatload of distractions(Eagles 1), etc, etc. And not to mention too we needed miracles to beat lowly Buffalo and Detroit.

You look at it this year-we're not getting those same breaks, and our cracks are showing.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
We have Super Bowl physical talent, but Toilet Bowl intelligence and heart. We certainly turn it around (hell, we're still 4-2), but we have to start playing with some urgency and intelligence. The O line was terrible and so was Romo, at least for most of the game. We can't put together a damn game plan that gets the ball in T.O.'s hands and that's really hurting us. Our defense plays well in spurts, but eventually screws the pooch at some point in every game. Our special teams belong in the Special Olympics for the most part. Having said all that, the Giants looked terrible in numerous games last year. We moved up and down the field at will during our two regular season games and the Vikings of all teams absolutely drilled them. They got the wildcard and obviously got hot and the rest is history. We CAN still have a great season, but some things have to change. I'm just not sure this team has the brains to make the necessary changes.

Reaction score
Boysboy;2332129 said:
You mean the same Eagles team that played pretty pitifully against the Whiners until the last 12 minutes when JT O'Sullivan pulled a Sage Rosenfels?

Seriously though-read my OP somewhere I posted earlier...my FEAR is that the Post-Parcells Curse is starting to bite us now. It did so to the Giants, NE, and the Jets when he bolted them unexpectedly...only for them to have incompetent ***** replace him.

Doesn't matter, the Eagles found a way to win and the Cowboys found a way to lose.

Reaction score
Boysboy;2332155 said:
Honestly, we weren't very good last year. We played alot of teams that had washup-up QBs(Miami), QBs on their last leash(Chicago), HORRIBLE QBs(Minny and NYJ), a boatload of injuries(Rams, Skins 1, and Panthers), defenses still learning new schemes(Giants 1), a boatload of distractions(Eagles 1), etc, etc. And not to mention too we needed miracles to beat lowly Buffalo and Detroit.

You look at it this year-we're not getting those same breaks, and our cracks are showing.

At least they were 13-3 last year. The Cowboys will be lucky to be 10-6 if they continue to blow games they should win.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2332202 said:
Again, good teams win against teams you should beat!
Not every game. Other than the 1972 Dolphins you can't show me one team that beats every opponent it should. That's a pipe dream theory that has no basis in fact or History.

Nav22

Reaction score
Here's reality.

We'll probably make the playoffs.

The way we look in December on will likely determine our real Super Bowl hopes.

Nobody knows how we will look in December. In past seasons, we peaked early and faded late. Maybe this year we'll peak late and make a run at the Super Bowl.

The Giants winning it all last year has jaded me a bit.

You don't need to be the best regular season team to win it all.

You don't even need to be a top 10 regular season team to win it all.

Simply get hot towards the end of the regular season, and you have a real shot at hoisting the Lombardi.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2332199 said:
Doesn't matter, the Eagles found a way to win and the Cowboys found a way to lose.

I know-but let's say we played the Niners, and IF we beat them the way the Eagles did today, then this board would STILL have a big meltdown over our mediocre play.

Was just saying, that's all...