Hating on each other

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Miguelitomama, Jan 21, 2022.

1. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    32,968 Messages
    28,661 Likes Received
    I believe you to be out of touch with the generation of fans today. They have hate ingrained into them. It's not just about football, it's about every facet of their lives. You're not going to dissuade them from their uncivil discourse. I've tried as well and discovered as long as the admin allows it, it is unstoppable. Nothing you or I say will matter one iota. But I want you to know I appreciate your efforts. Thank you.

2. Ranched

Ranched "We Are Penn State"

32,960 Messages
    80,426 Likes Received
    I'm a female as well. Agree 110% with the name calling, or my favorite "you can't spell correctly" the usual forum cops. Many forget this is a family forum of all ages. No one knows how old a poster is or what physical handicap they may have. Be kind to one another. We're on the same team. Unfortunately, you'll get your handful of posters who will reply to you with ignorance.
    Awe, what a gentleman!

3. Miguelitomama

Miguelitomama Well-Known Member

249 Messages
    271 Likes Received
    I lived in Philadelphia from 1992 to 2014. I know all about hateful fans. No matter how hard you try, you can't top the average Eagles fan. Honest.

4. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    37,484 Messages
    67,101 Likes Received
    Joe, you actually wrote that? "Gee, Mrs. Cleaver, you look lovely today".

Cowboys_22, DuncanIso and Cowpolk like this.
  5. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    32,968 Messages
    28,661 Likes Received
    If only the women were in charge! :thumbup:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
  6. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    32,968 Messages
    28,661 Likes Received
    Of that, I have no doubt. :bow:

Miguelitomama likes this.
  7. Miguelitomama

Miguelitomama Well-Known Member

249 Messages
    271 Likes Received
    I appreciate the work you mods do to keep this place civil and to maintain the board in general. It's work! And I love this board because I live in a city with few Cowboys fans. I did find two at a sports bar here in Baltimore that had a nice selection of craft brewskis. Even some high end non-alcoholic versions for those of us who've given up boozing.

JoeKing likes this.
  8. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    32,968 Messages
    28,661 Likes Received
    "Ward, weren't you a little hard on the Beaver last night?" That's the dirtiest line heard on TV in the '50s. How does it rate today?

9. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

10,324 Messages
    12,708 Likes Received
    Non believers vs believers.

McCarthy
    Zeke
    Dak
    Moore
    The Joneses

All have their believers and all have their non believers. Some believers want to convert the non believers and some non believers want to convert the believers. Those debates will never end, but the name calling can be real problem for most some. Rational people have discussions others people have arguments, IMO.

Name calling is a sign of self control issues to me. Some fans just need to realize that they can't convert the whole world. There are 7 billion people in the world, you're never going to get 7 billion people to agree with your train of thought, no matter what it is. So football and the Dallas Cowboys should not incur the same wrathful ignorance that politics, religion, and race face.

We would love to teach our kids not to be bullies and not to be part of what's wrong with the world. Name calling is bullying, BTW. But how can we teach the kids that when we can't even control ourselves? You can't control your thoughts, you can't control your emotions, but you can control what you say and do. Adults know this, children do not. Ignorant adults ignore self control techniques and tactics and that's what makes them ignorant.

You don't have to insult someone just because they don't see things the same way you do. It's just that easy. Opinions vary, ideas vary. 7 billion people will never agree with you. So let it go.

Live and let live.

10. SlammedZero

SlammedZero Well-Known Member

12,375 Messages
    32,540 Likes Received
    Game can be matched both ways:

If Dak haters would stop posting it would be a good forum. He is not gonna get cut or traded. Get over it Dak haters. He is the Dallas Cowboys QB. Recognize that and the board will be a safer place.

JoeKing likes this.
  11. MarcusRock

MarcusRock Well-Known Member

8,858 Messages
    9,936 Likes Received
    Another burner account from @Bobhaze. That guy is like a chameleon. Mixes up the personas so well too.

pjtoadie and BoyzBlaster like this.
  12. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

21,085 Messages
    19,402 Likes Received
    Agree with you, some have lost the art of civil discourse here.
    I know a lot of us are just so disappointed, frustrated, that we seem stuck in mediorcrity with no clear way out.

Birch_Wood and Miguelitomama like this.
  13. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

10,324 Messages
    12,708 Likes Received
    He who wants to see the world be a better place can never hit the ignore button. Human beings need to treat one another better in all aspects of life. And that all starts with better communication.

Birch_Wood, Miguelitomama and JoeKing like this.
  14. Shane612

Shane612 Well-Known Member

3,099 Messages
    1,986 Likes Received
    I hate people who talk about "hate" all the time.

Captain-Crash and PAPPYDOG like this.
  15. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    32,968 Messages
    28,661 Likes Received
    :hammer::hammer::hammer:
    :bow::bow::bow:

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country likes this.
  16. ChronicCowboy

ChronicCowboy Well-Known Member

4,465 Messages
    8,599 Likes Received
    ignored

17. SteveTheCowboy

SteveTheCowboy Well-Known Member

9,356 Messages
    6,192 Likes Received

I agree...we have a few uncivilized bullies about.

We're all here sharing OPINIONS....but you;d think some people run their own NFL team the way they insult other people in simple diagreement. It's a sign of the times I suppose.

Birch_Wood likes this.
  18. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    32,968 Messages
    28,661 Likes Received
    I hate people who hate people for talking about hate all the time. Beat that. ;)

19. SteveTheCowboy

SteveTheCowboy Well-Known Member

9,356 Messages
    6,192 Likes Received
    Aren't you one of the guys with a self-proclaimed crusade?

I think you are one of them she is talking about.

Captain-Crash and Vtwin like this.
  20. johneric8

johneric8 Well-Known Member

2,140 Messages
    3,038 Likes Received
    I agree, it's okay to mess with each other in good fun, but once hate starts flying around toward one another, were also hurting ourselves.

CxC1993 and Birch_Wood like this.