Hating on each other

Verdict

Reaction score
I can see both sides of the Dak debate. The larger the sample size (and it’s become fairly large) the harder it is to draw the reasonable conclusion that Dak is elite.

1. He seems to wilt against the better teams, that’s a trend that seems to have become fairly predictable.

2. I know that coaching and scheming and dropped balls aren’t helping Dak’s cause, but how is it someone else’s fault when Dak throws the ball behind open receivers (repeatedly) or Dak zips the ball straight into the ground three yards short of the receiver, or way over the receiver’s head, or throws it entirely too hard (decapitating the receiver) when it’s a 5 yard throw, when the receiver is wide open.

3. Who is at fault when Dak sees a receiver wide open but Dak doesn’t trust what he is seeing?

4. Is it someone else’s fault when Dak doesn’t see clearly wide open receivers running free on what would be an easy pitch and catch for a touchdown?

These are far too common for an elite QB. Dak doesn’t suck entirely, but the team is going to have to carry Dak, not the other way around if we are going to have success in the playoffs with Dak. And that $40m salary doesn’t help things at all.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No one has said anything ugly to me, which I appreciate but I'm tired of reading posts where people are calling each other idiots, jock sniffers etc.

That’s the norm on this board whether we win or lose. Some fans take their frustrations out on other fans, while others can’t handle a differing of opinion without resorting to name calling.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I know a ton of coaches personally including one of my sons. I never heard any of them say they cared much about what the fans thought.
The fans are the customer. Without fans, the league would collapse. 2020 without fans the NFL lost money. So the owners better understand they need to care about what fans think. Likewise, owners better be conveying that same point to their employees, GM, coaching staff, players.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know a ton of coaches personally including one of my sons. I never heard any of them say they cared much about what the fans thought.
I never did, but when your wife and daughter have to hear it.....that's a different story.....ask him about that.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
It’s easy to avoid, I stay away from any post that has Dak in the title, and
If Dak nation would stop posting it would be a good forum. He is not gonna win you a ring. Get over it Dak army. He is just not an elite QB. Recognize that and the board will be a safer place.
i tap on very few thread that have Dak or Romo in the description so I think I dodge most of the ugly stuff. If a thread turns into a Dak fight I just leave the thread

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never did, but when your wife and daughter have to hear it.....that's a different story.....ask him about that.
Same answer. Who cares? My son cares about what his players believe and his fellow coaches. Fans, parents, etc…not a big factor.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same answer. Who cares? My son cares about what his players believe and his fellow coaches. Fans, parents, etc…not a big factor.
I get you, but when they are ripping you in front of your wife and young daughter......it has to hurt......I personally went into the stands a embarrassed a couple of fans.....my dad taught me to protect my family.....and I did!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
All...no.
Some...sure.
Not everybody can be as tough as you and I. Plus not all can be backwoods sexy like myself.
It would be greatly appreciated if you would share some tips on how you do it, you know, the "backwoods sexy" look. Care to give any tips?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is a forum. Some people are passionate other just like to argue. Most of the time when I watch or

That would be the fastest way to get under my skin and have me loose my cool. Don't mess with the family.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would be greatly appreciated if you would share some tips on how you do it, you know, the "backwoods sexy" look. Care to give any tips?

Cutting trees with axes and drinking moonshine for a start.
If you graduate that it is time to move on to the Banjo Phase.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m 63….will we see another SB? As sad as it is, I think not but I still keep hoping for a miracle. At this point, that’s all we’ve got to hope for. Just my 2 cents.

The good thing about getting older is you probably witnessed at least some of the Cowboys championships. I witnessed all 5 been a fan since 72. I feel bad for some of the younger fans that haven’t even seen the Cowboys get past the divisional round in the playoffs. If they never make it to another championship or win another championship I can live with it because I’ve been to the top of the mountain with them.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A lot of people use this board to vent their frustrations on the team and other fans. It can get pretty nasty here especially after a disappointing loss. Just look at some of the hate that’s been spewed at the team and some of the players since Sundays loss. There’s fans that need to take a break from here and cool off.