Have a bad feeling Norv Turner could be our next HC

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
One last & final hurrah for Jerry, and he plucks the guy from Tuscaloosa.
Get the best college coach who has nothing left to prove at the collegiate level, and seeks vindication of prestige at the highest level of competition in the NFL.
Complete the circle -- from Jimmy to Saban:
saban1.jpg

Man, nothing would make me happier. Remember when he benched hurts (dak) at half of the championship game? What a move.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
IF Jerry makes the decision to finally cut JG. I'm not expecting him to bring in older guy. I'd expect a college hire, and knowing Jerry, I'd anticipate Jim Harbaugh being at the top of his list.

I’d go for harbaugh. Rather just get a legit qb in here. Or norv and a legit qb. But I’d go for harbaugh or Saban for sure. Still going to have to get a qb but that’s a good start.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Won’t happen, but it’d be a downgrade anyway. I didn’t want Turner back when he was a contender when Wade got the job.

Everyone here knows you think Garrett is a your HOF coach in training, but at least save some self respect. Even as old as Norv is he is head and shoulders above the out of place Garrett. LOL

AT this point the fan base has turned on your hero. I don't even have to start the threads anymore myself 3 new ones pop up every day. Even the media has turned on him. But alas I think your hero will remain coach regardless. Don't worry, your dream wont end yet my friend.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Norv is doing a great job in Carolina. Greg Cosell compares him to McVay. Not as polished because the limited time but speaks very highly of his changes...something I don’t think we’ve seen of Garett’s scheme.

So you honestly think Garett’s scheme is better than what the offensive minded coaches are doing?

Garrett and norvs scheme are the same. Difference is norv has cam.

And we have dak.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Everyone here knows you think Garrett is a your HOF coach in training, but at least save some self respect. Even as old as Norv is he is head and shoulders above the out of place Garrett. LOL

AT this point the fan base has turned on your hero. I don't even have to start the threads anymore myself 3 new ones pop up every day. Even the media has turned on him. But alas I think your hero will remain coach regardless. Don't worry, your dream wont end yet my friend.

Norv is the same as Garrett. Football is not rocket science. Norv wants to run the ball to set up the pass. Garrett wants to run the ball to set up the pass. Norv has cam. Garrett has dak. Do you want to compare those two qb ‘s?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Norv is the same as Garrett. Football is not rocket science. Norv wants to run the ball to set up the pass. Garrett wants to run the ball to set up the pass. Norv has cam. Garrett has dak. Do you want to compare those two qb ‘s?

I want to puke every time I see Garrett. AS old as Norv is he is a football genius compared to clappy the clown.

kskboys

Reaction score
I haven't seen any evidence of JG wanting to run the ball. It looks like it pains him to do so.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
The difference is that Cam has Norv and not Garrett. LOL

No. Cam won a national champ and heisman in college. Was the #1 draft pick in the draft. Won a national champ in juco. Been to a super bowl at Carolina without norv.

The difference between cam newton and dak Prescott is about 500 miles long

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
I haven't seen any evidence of JG wanting to run the ball. It looks like it pains him to do so.

Well I for damn sure haven’t seen a defense that is afraid of us passing the ball with dak. Have you?

kskboys

Reaction score
No. Cam won a national champ and heisman in college. Was the #1 draft pick in the draft. Won a national champ in juco. Been to a super bowl at Carolina without norv.

It is at present, yes.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well I for damn sure haven’t seen a defense that is afraid of us oassingthe ball with dak. Have you?
Not since his rook season, no.

However, the statement I disagreed w/ is that JG "wants" to run the ball. JG has been pass happy since he got here, and I've seen no evidence that he "wants" to run the ball.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
It is at present, yes.

It always will be. Dak will never be in cams class.
At daks best, you can compare him to Alex Smith. Comes from the same college coaching tree. But Dak isn’t as good as Alex Smith either. And Alex Smith also sucks like dak

kskboys

Reaction score
It always will be. Dak will never be in cams class.
At daks best, you can compare him to Alex Smith. Comes from the same college coaching tree. But Dak isn’t as good as Alex Smith either. And Alex Smith also sucks like dak
Smith is better than Cam.

Doesn't look like Dak will ever be better than Cam, no.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Who do you think is better Cam or Romo?

LetsBeReal

Reaction score

However, the statement I disagreed w/ is that JG "wants" to run the ball. JG has been pass happy since he got here, and I've seen no evidence that he "wants" to run the ball.

Yea my bad.

I think Jg has to try to throw it a little bit otherwise we can’t run it at all. Defenses can stop the run on command if they want.

But I hear ya. I just think ridding Garrett instead of dak is such a longer process than just moving on from dak now.our scheme is fine with a good qb. Most qb’s would love to know they can get a stacked box and man to man outside whenever they want it

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Yah, he must have a bad memory. Garrett didn't figure out about running the ball until he stumbled upon Murray.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Who do you think is better Cam or Romo?

Well, to be honest I love cam newton. But cam is a different cat. If you put cam on this cowboys team we’d go undefeated.

I’m not going to compare cam and romo. I love them both but they are different dudes that had different situations

kskboys

Reaction score
Yea my bad.

I think Jg has to try to throw it a little bit otherwise we can’t run it at all. Defenses can stop the run on command if they want.

But I hear ya. I just think ridding Garrett instead of dak is such a longer process than just moving on from dak now.our scheme is fine with a good qb. Most qb’s would love to know they can get a stacked box and man to man outside whenever they want it
JG seems to do the opposite, pass to set up the run.

Dak looks bad right now. He does some good things, however. The best move would be to bring in some highly drafted competition for him, and get an OC in here who can run an NFL quality offense.