Have Clement finish the year out as Starting RB

Jkyle

Reaction score
It's obvious Zeke and Pollard need to be sidelined.
We are going to be in the Playoffs so the smart thing to do is have Clement and whomever else they get at RB should finish the season at RB.
Zeke should definitely be available for the Playoffs since he seems to only need rest to heal where it looks like Pollard may be done. Resting him until the playoffs would be wise too in order to see if he can play.
Regardless, they need to play new RBs because if Zeke and Pollard can't heal, then we will need these new RB's to carry the load into the playoffs.
I know it scares the Team to have to rely on new RBs but getting them needed reps in order to have them prepared for a playoff run is a necessity at this point.
Having the new RB's platooning while a hobbled Zeke struggles through a game only delays them from getting some continuity with the OL and hurts the team by relying on a hobbled Zeke and him making his injuries worse and maybe being useless during the playoffs.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dallas would rather have Connor Williams push Zeke in a wheel chair before doing that.

You’re right though. Zeke needs to be off the field. He’s hurting this team and he doesn’t pass protect enough to validate this carry the load nonsense.

If this offense flips from what it is now I 100% believe it will be because of Pollard.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Weird...I was thinking cut him and find someone else with some juice. He left a bunch of yards on the field yesterday....and that muffed KO just screams of a player that will choke in crunch time.

What did Zeke’s 6 fumbles tell you last year?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Weird...I was thinking cut him and find someone else with some juice. He left a bunch of yards on the field yesterday....and that muffed KO just screams of a player that will choke in crunch time.
did you see the Packers punt returner muff a punt last night? It happens.

I would sit Zeke for how long it takes. He is clearly a 3 ypc guy right now, and Clement can do that. We need a healthy Zeke and Pollard for playoffs. I would absolutely sit them both. RBs come in off street all the time and are productive. It happens every darn week in the NFL.

links18

Reaction score
Won't happen unless Zeke is carted off. Zeke ain't so damn hurt that he can't pick up blitzers.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I would get a RB committee in to spread it around. Clement has fumbling issues. Drops the ball on the ground once out every 33 carries.

That's a bit too high for my taste.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You don't sit Zeke until the division and playoffs are wrapped up. Frankly I am amazed at how little appreciation the guy is getting. He ran for one more yard on one fewer carry than Clement while playing on one leg. And if you ever want a clear illustration of his value in blitz pickup go watch Gibson's "effort" to block Parsons on the sack fumble that led to the Armstrong TD. Parson's completely punked him and layed waste to their QB. How often does that happen to Dak with Zeke on the field? THAT is why he is playing and why he will continue to play. Even on one leg the other guys are not doing much more than he is totin the rock.. The continued insistence that we see more of Tony Pollard is curious since the dude done got hurt on 1/3 of the snaps.. But yall want to put him out there more? Somebody wanna splain that logic..

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
NO.

I'm ok using Clement or Pollard more when they are running well but Zeke is still a better option in certain situations. IE, short yardage, goal line, blocking etc.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Keep hearing that he did good yesterday. I saw nothing that made me feel good about him.. He was on a team that went to the SB and caught a TD. Why wasn’t he kept around..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Keep hearing that he did good yesterday. I saw nothing that made me feel good about him.. He was on a team that went to the SB and caught a TD. Why wasn’t he kept around..

He was okay yesterday.. I think it was 44 yards on 13 carries.. which was one less yard on one more carry than the guy running on one leg.. I heard one of the idiots on the radio say "Clement looked better than Zeke yesterday.." He was apparently watching a different game..

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I know this sounds like a joke, but I’d rather see AP, Clement looked like he’s running in mud
Then you best go watch the Seahawks. Oh wait, he hasn't played for a few weeks due to injury. That man needs to retire as of last year.