Have the Browns passed the Cowboys in roster talent?

jay94

Reaction score
Different regimes and no quarterback, they got robbed in a game by a terrible call also in almost every game. Their roster got better. I guess on low bars going off our alter ego on every other year our bar should be pretty low.

conner01

Reaction score
Browns are trying to fill some seats for this yr. Theyre gonna start cutting players next yr
I don’t know about next year but they do have some huge contracts coming up soon
Garrett is gonna be mighty expensive

conner01

Reaction score
Yes and the main reason is They have a top QB with a high ceiling. We have an ok QB With a low ceiling that hasn’t improved since year 1.

Drafted well which Dallas has also but they made big moves to round out the roster which we haven’t other than getting Cooper.
Most of their real talent came from years of losing and stock piling picks

jay94

Reaction score
That's true. I'm a Cowboy fan I just call it like I see it.

aria

Reaction score
Its all good. But there have been 5 or 6 threads in the last 3 days on how great Clevelands roster is now. Personally, I really dont care. Cant speak for others.
Totally understand the redundancy, which is why I can’t stand the certain threads I’ve mentioned.

coult44

Reaction score
That's not the point, YOU said they had no more success than Cleveland, and that's asinine and ridiculous to say

Dude, it's the only and complete point. There are TWO things that matter in the NFL. Only Two. Conference Championships and Superbowl Trophies. Everything else including regular season wins, divisional titles, first round playoff wins, passing records, rushing records, receiving records, sack records, pro-bowl, or all pro. Who cares. You play the game to win a ring, or at the very least compete for one. No, Cleveland hasn't done that in 24 years. Oh, and neither have our Dallas Cowboys!!! And I'll leave you with the words of Vince Lombardi, "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing"

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the midst of the offseason, and even before the 2019 draft, the Cleveland Browns are emerging as a serious contender in the AFC for 2019. I’m not a big Odell Beckham fan but I recognize the guy has talent and the Browns trade to get him has certainly raised some eyebrows.

And the Browns should have a lot of talent. When you colossally suck for over a decade you have a chance to add some talent in the draft.

So here’s my question Cowboys fans....have the brownies passed us in the chase for NFL talent? If we matched up with them now, who would have the edge? Are the Browns closer to a SB than Dallas? I’m not going to do every position- just the positions we are looking at locking up long term as our top talent compared to the Browns.

Let’s look at the Browns top talent compared to ours:
Position Which team has the edge?
QB- Baker Mayfield vs. Dak Prescott (Cle)
RB- Nick Chubb vs. Zeke Elliott. (Dal)
WR- Odell Jr. vs Amari Cooper. ( Cle? Push?)
Pass Rusher-Miles Garrett vs Tank Lawrence (Push?)

So what say you Cowboys fans....are the Browns passing us in talent?

You can’t talk about it in terms of simply a few players at a few positions. The Browns have built a slight edge in some areas, but overall I believe the Cowboys are better.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I don't believe they've pulled ahead of us in turn #3 at Talladega raceway as of yet, Bulliet BoB!
although, they have perennially been hogging down in gorgefest fashion at the trough of premium draft picks, their mode of serious planned competitiveness hasn't been fully solidified,,,er,,,such as ours,,,I guess,,, under coach GARRETT'S laser like focused guidance,,,ah,,, ya know?,,,maybeo_O

Last edited:

fishspill

Reaction score
He grew in spite of the OL chaos once Cooper arrived. I saw that.
He looked better, but can he sustain? He didn’t sustain growth 1st year into 2nd year. I’m the type to watch and wait. I gave him way too much credit early and he didn’t keep up his growth so now I’m pretty cool on him. I’ll keep watching how he does now with Cooper here but I’m not assuming he’s just going to takeoff into the elite levels of QBs.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Who cares, they've picked at the top of the draft every year, they should've lapped us twice.

Yeah, so what if they have? People here talk about Dallas sucking the last 23 years, if the Cowboys have sucked what would anyone say about the Browns? They have had TWO winning seasons in the last 20 years, ONE playoff game, which they lost.

But hey, let's pick ONE year and talk about how they've passed us up :huh:

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I think they’ve absolutely passed Dallas in talent level.
But will they surpass the Cowboys in wins next season? Seems like no matter who the Browns pick up they still don't win. Maybe that will change this year. It's all about the qb. They have one now. Let's see if current qb can tow the line. They are filled up with talent. All those diva's and no Reality show. Too bad. :)

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
He looked better, but can he sustain? He didn’t sustain growth 1st year into 2nd year. I’m the type to watch and wait. I gave him way too much credit early and he didn’t keep up his growth so now I’m pretty cool on him. I’ll keep watching how he does now with Cooper here but I’m not assuming he’s just going to takeoff into the elite levels of QBs.

Define elite level qb? Mayfield sure isn't. 27 tds to 14 ints.

Southern0005

Reaction score
Browns have a better roster than 93.7% of the NFL but magically find a way to fall apart and miss the playoffs..I expect plenty of the same this year, next year and the year after.