Have you had any vaccine side effects?

Discussion in 'Coronavirus Zone' started by Reverend Conehead, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Zone Supporter

7,004 Messages
    7,917 Likes Received
    I got the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine 5 days ago. I'm only now feeling some pain in my shoulder like someone punched me. It's weird that it's a delayed reaction. Not that I'm complaining. I'd rather have a little Charlie Horse than get that dreaded disease. The side effects of the Shingles vaccine were way worse than this.

CouchCoach and Bobhaze like this.
  2. Bobhaze

Bobhaze Moderator

8,144 Messages
    25,388 Likes Received
    I’ve had both shots of Moderna. Other than what I consider the normal shoulder soreness after a shot, I had no side effects. Some friends had told me they had some minor side effects after the second shot, but my wife and I both had zero side effects with either dose.

3. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

28,970 Messages
    49,941 Likes Received
    The flu shot gave me more discomfort than either of the Pfizer shots. Want a sore arm? Have a Pneumonia vaccine. Worst than a Typhoid shot as a kid.

Reverend Conehead and Bobhaze like this.
  4. Reverend Conehead

7,004 Messages
    7,917 Likes Received
    Maybe that pneumonia one is like the Shingles one. The flu shot made me feel like my older brother had punched me in the shoulder. The shingles vaccine made me feel like it was Mike Tyson who had punched me. Twice, since there were two doses.

5. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

28,970 Messages
    49,941 Likes Received
    I had the Shingles vaccine too and that had quite a kick going in, felt like I was being branded.

I will take that over the Shingles. I had a mild case but everyone in my family had them and they're a curse.

And there's an example of how a virus can hide. It's the Chicken Pox virus that lies dormant until it decides to come and and play with your body.

They don't know what this one is going to do long term. This Long COVID issue caught them by surprise and they're learning more about it as time goes on and what they're learning is not good.

Reverend Conehead likes this.
  6. Reverend Conehead

7,004 Messages
    7,917 Likes Received
    There is some good news with COVID, namely that these vaccines are effective against it. I was afraid that they would do all this work making the vaccines only to have them not work or just barely work. Thus far they've even helped against the newer variants, granted some booster shots may be needed. Thank God we've got this vaccine technology. They didn't have that during the Spanish Flu epidemic.

7. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat Zone Supporter

6,048 Messages
    9,794 Likes Received
    Going for the 2nd shot today 1st one made a sore shoulder was worse on the Wifey's shoulder

8. Echospacing

Echospacing Member

45 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Wife (Pfizer): no side effects after both shots.
    Me (Pfizer): sore arm 1st shot, but 2nd shot chills, fever followed by headache and sore neck. 3 days before back to normal.
    Son #1 (Moderna): shot #1 no side effects
    Son #2 (Moderna): shot #1 no side effects
    Father (Pfizer): no side effects
    Mother (Pfizer): no side effects
    Sister #1: no side effects
    Sister #2: sore arm 1st shot. 2nd shot fever/chills.

Jammer likes this.
  9. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

28,970 Messages
    49,941 Likes Received
    Some company is supposedly working on a nasal spray vaccine but I haven't heard anymore about it in the last few weeks. If they were able to do the polio vaccine on sugar cubes, they should be able to develop another delivery method besides injection.

Reverend Conehead likes this.
  10. gp_cowpolk

6,048 Messages
    9,794 Likes Received
    Shot number 2 today really sore shoulder way worse than shot number 1 feels like I've been kicked by a donk And about 30 seconds after the shot I got pirdy dizzy kinda like a vertigo attack which I have fairly often

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  11. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

8,610 Messages
    1,761 Likes Received
    Had the 1st Pfizer on Sunday. Mild soreness in the arm. I did get some chills and night sweats.

12. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

23,707 Messages
    46,062 Likes Received
    Both doses (Moderna) left a sore arm for a day, like any other shot into a muscle. Second dose left me fatigued for a day on top of it.

13. DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel Well-Known Member

2,072 Messages
    4,173 Likes Received
    After shot 1 I had a really sore shoulder, from my conversations with others my shoulder was worse than normal. Felt like when I tweaked my rotator cuff a couple years back, lasted like 3 or 4 days.

Got shot 2 this morning, no symptoms yet

14. gp_cowpolk

6,048 Messages
    9,794 Likes Received
    I am having reoccurring dreams now In 1 I'm the 1st human to walk on Mars and marry a woman that looks Haley Berry but talks like Eva Gabor In the other I'm a zombie that only eats vegetables and live on Saturn but there are Reece's peanut butter cup trees everywhere. The latest dream I've been having I can not describe here it involves The Cowboys Cheerleaders and being stranded on Pluto oh and yes we are all fully vaccinated And please Earth do not send a rescue team!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021 at 8:43 PM