He may be a Giant, but you've got to like Saquon Barkley

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Just ran across this quick article and thought this was cool. Saquon is already planning out his life after football, and seems to have a pretty high degree of self-awareness about it. It's pretty impressive for a 22 year old who's been through the lifelong reality distortion field of top HS recruit + All American star college player + stud NFL running back (compare him to Zeke for example).

From everything I've heard, Saquon is a genuinely good dude and I'm rooting for him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ey-is-planning-ahead-for-life-after-football/

EDIT: Found the source for this, and it's even better.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just ran across this quick article and thought this was cool. Saquon is already planning out his life after football, and seems to have a pretty high degree of self-awareness about it. It's pretty impressive for a 22 year old who's been through the lifelong reality distortion field of top HS recruit + All American star college player + stud NFL running back (compare him to Zeke for example).

From everything I've heard, Saquon is a genuinely good dude and I'm rooting for him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ey-is-planning-ahead-for-life-after-football/
Did he finish his degree?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Did he finish his degree?

You got me looking, and I actually found the source article for the CBS post. It was an article he wrote for the Players Tribune, and he covers that too.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/saquon-barkley-giants

The crazy thing is … I’m a college dropout.

I’m serious. That’s what it feels like. I left school early to enter the draft, and even though I know it was the right decision for my football career and my future, I still get people who ask me what I got my degree in, or what year I graduated. And it makes me uncomfortable because … I don’t like my answer.

“Oh … I, uh … I didn’t actually … you know … uh … graduate yet.”

I hate having to answer that way.

So as soon as I can, I’m going to go back to Penn State to finish my degree. And when I do, I’m going to walk across that stage, hold my degree up high, and then go home and hang it on my wall to show my daughter that I accomplished something great.

To show her that daddy is much more than just a football player.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

rags747

Reaction score
Yeah the kid is a dynamic individual and running back, kid has got it all.

zerofill

Reaction score
Awesome player on the field, and seems like a heck of a kid... But as far as football goes, I will stick with Zeke. Barkley likes to look for ways of getting through traffic, Zeke likes to run traffic over lol... I will take blunt force trauma over him.

Nerm222

Reaction score
Watching his highlights before the draft, I thought Barkley was one of the most exciting players I have ever seen. Seems to have all the intangibles too. I think he is going to be fun to watch for a long time. On a side note, two of my favorite players to come out in recent years also include Carson Wentz and Dallas Godert. I'm from South Dakota, and It is so rare for people to come out of the Dakota's and make it in the NFL. I have a lot of cognitive dissonance about these guys being in a Philly uniform... And wanting them to have good careers.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
No I don't. I'll never know him. Nor, will I ever know any other players. Some Dallas players as well. Past and present.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
I'm so surprise at his attitude. I thought he would be a diva but he carry himself like an AJ Green, Todd Gurley, Julio Jones type player. This kid is real special but most of all extremely like able.