Hello everyone. I am a die-hard Cowboy fan since the late 60's. I even made Tom Landry smile

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
When I was growing up, Life was very simple: baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and the Dallas Cowboys. Only three things were sure in life: death, taxes, and the Cowboys making the playoffs. I attended the 1974-1978 NFL drafts. In 74, with Too Tall Jones, 75 with Randy White, and in 77 with Tony Dorsett, the Boys made a lot of noise. There was great excitement being there. In 74, Pete Rozelle, the NFL Commissioner, sat next to me and interviewed me while we we were being filmed.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sooooo, Mr. name dropper, you sat next to Pete Rozelle? And is that what made Tom Landry smile? Was your headline just a ruse to get me to come in? Did you think just sitting next to Rozelle would be enough? And he interviewed you? Oh really? Do you consider asking you to get up and find another seat an interview?

SF, just messin' witya. Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay here as much as I enjoy being away.

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
Pete Rozelle at the 1974 draft who sat down next to me while we were filmed and were on the news, asked me who was my favorite team and how I liked the pick. I responded that am in euphoria with the Too Tall Jones pick and the Boys re-tooling with such a game changer of a player.
I was at the 75 draft with Randy White and the 77 draft with Tony Dorsett. Three drafts with Superstars who helped remake the team.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Pete Rozelle at the 1974 draft who sat down next to me while we were filmed and were on the news, asked me who was my favorite team and how I liked the pick. I responded that am in euphoria with the Too Tall Jones pick and the Boys re-tooling with such a game changer of a player.
I was at the 75 draft with Randy White and the 77 draft with Tony Dorsett. Three drafts with Superstars who helped remake the team.
:thumbup: