Twitter: Helman on the blocking for Pollard's TD

Shane612

Reaction score
hmmmm...did he really avoid making a tackle or did he think Pollard was on his way down already?
I ask because he's bigger than Pollard, so, why would he hesitate to make the tackle?
:huh:

Mr_437

Reaction score
That whole right side (McGovern, Zack, Shultz) blocked it up, plus the crack block by Brown made it easy for Pollard.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I think Jones thought Pollard was going to cut outside. Instead, Pollard did the opposite.
Pollard juked Jones out of play.

I don't think Jones was intensional trying to avoid making a play. He just got juked.
I would go with this, Jones thought one thing and when it happened he was flat footed.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I would go with this, Jones thought one thing and when it happened he was flat footed.

Yeah sometimes your brain forgets to tell your feet what to do. I think that's what happened to Jones there. He was indecisive about which way to go so he ended up going nowhere.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
hmmmm...did he really avoid making a tackle or did he think Pollard was on his way down already?
I ask because he's bigger than Pollard, so, why would he hesitate to make the tackle?
:huh:

I think he thought Pollard was possibly going to try to bounce it outside of him and he had no help toward the sideline. So he tried to break down to keep Pollard inside, but didn't know until it was too late that Dallas had the inside walled off.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think Jones thought Pollard was going to cut outside. Instead, Pollard did the opposite.
Pollard juked Jones out of play.

I don't think Jones was intensional trying to avoid making a play. He just got juked.

Should have read this before posting my response. Jones definitely appeared to be trying to keep his containment responsibilities. The worst thing for a corner is to get sucked inside (where there is supposed to be help) and end up giving up the sideline. The problem for him is that Dallas has walled off the lane so well that Pollard didn't have to slow down, make a cut or anything. By the times Jones knew that, it was far too late.

cern

Reaction score
Jones looked like former cowboy cb mike jenkins.

Proof

Reaction score
Maybe I'm not so familiar with twitter lingo....so...
"I'm probably not as wowed as others because I see it all the time ... very special."
What does that, "very special" mean?
Twitter lingo? It’s regular everyday English.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Maybe I'm not so familiar with twitter lingo....so...
"I'm probably not as wowed as others because I see it all the time ... very special."
What does that, "very special" mean?
He was talking about Thielan's one handed catch. Saying he's a special player.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
you dont get a run like that without a great WR block. Brown is pretty elite in that area

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Jones needs to give back his game check....You practice all week for that one opportunity.