Help is coming, Irving, Lee and Tavon probable

J12B

Reaction score
Did I miss something? I read an article on dc.com that stated Irving was not at practice today.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Irving is needed for pressure, and for just another rotation body. They get tired in there.

Lee would be a huge addition to keep the defense fresh with no drop off.

Austin adds nothing.

Austin adds another run threat not named Zeke. At least he should keep Lewis off of offense. And kick returns. I think Austin if a better fit for run downs as a run/deep threat than Beasley. I hope we sign him for next year.

Irving has gotten very little practice all year. I don't expect much from him this year.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
It’s nice how all three can hopefully just bring a little to the table. Don’t need any of the three to dominate just contribute and it’ll be worth it.

Irving and Lee rotationally and Austin with something gadgety

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
We've basically already made the playoffs. One win in the next 3 gets us in (and maybe we don't even need that). We should try to get 100% healthy on defense headed into the playoffs. With Gregory continuing to get hot and Irving back to his usual self, our pass rush can be very good. Throw in 3 of the best LBers in the NFL on the field at the same time. If the Eagles can win the Super Bowl with Nick Foles, I think an elite defense can take us all the way.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I saw him at WVU because in an OU fan, and he looked us. That's why he was drafted 7th overall.

But his pro career has been nothing like that.
I agree it has not. But he has shown what he can be if utilized properly. This team drafted Ryan Switzer and traded him a year later. He is not terrible either. I'm a WVU homer even though I'm a Texan by birth. I am sure Tavon has not reached his full potential if only Linehan would let him in the game other than a jet sweep. Darren Sproles would have been but a footnote if he was used and classified as only a gadget player. Free this man. Maybe circumstances dictated Tavon not being utilized to his talents in their offense. I want him utilized as well as our fb in a manner in which the opposing team does not expect.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Crawford is playing good at the 3 so Irving is a situation pass rusher

Lee will be nice should help keep all 3 fresh in a rotation

Austin guess Scott will break out the end around again

None are a big red zone target and that seems to be the biggest problem so just don’t see the major impact

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Austin was our most productive WR per target. He had good numbers. We just didn't use him much.

I’m skeptical he’ll have an impact. There’s an interview with him on DC.com - aside from coming off like a jerk, he did drop that he’s not at full speed.

Tavon seems like a full speed or nothing player - if he’s not at full speed I’m not sure he’s helpful.

erod

Reaction score
I agree it has not. But he has shown what he can be if utilized properly. This team drafted Ryan Switzer and traded him a year later. He is not terrible either. I'm a WVU homer even though I'm a Texan by birth. I am sure Tavon has not reached his full potential if only Linehan would let him in the game other than a jet sweep. Darren Sproles would have been but a footnote if he was used and classified as only a gadget player. Free this man. Maybe circumstances dictated Tavon not being utilized to his talents in their offense. I want him utilized as well as our fb in a manner in which the opposing team does not expect.

The problem with Austin is he lacks the physicality to compete for the ball downfield, and he's so small it's tough to hit him with passes downfield. The Rams tried to get the ball to him on quick passes and whatnot, but he just couldn't do anything. Fumbled a lot.

Sean McVay wasn't interested in him. Basically parked him on the bench and said "no thanks".

plasticman

Reaction score
None of them are critically needed so it's good to know we don't have to depend on them.

Any additional boost from any of them would be icing on the cake.

Sydla

Reaction score
Austin is going to be that guy that people always think will be better than he really is.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
I think its going to be interesting to see how they use Austin as this is a very different offense than the one he played on pre-injury. He and Dak had a pretty good connection on those long passes. A few of those passes may come his way instead of Gallup. We might also finally see him in that Lance Dunbar role and the jet sweep will probably return to the offense. At a minimum, he takes the ball out of Lewis' hands which is a good thing.

Proof

Reaction score
if austin can stress the defense even slightly, and make them account for him on the field that's impacting. zeke and amari are already one of the deadliest 1-2 punches in the league, any additional wrinkles is just a bonus.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Does anyone have any more info on his playing status.

Yes. He was a DNP yesterday.
Same today I think, anyone coming back to play now - Austin, Lee etc. will just help rotationally. Don't see Irving playing if he's not practicing.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I’m skeptical he’ll have an impact. There’s an interview with him on DC.com - aside from coming off like a jerk, he did drop that he’s not at full speed.

Tavon seems like a full speed or nothing player - if he’s not at full speed I’m not sure he’s helpful.

Good point.

If Austin isn't full speed, I'd rather sit him until he is 100% for the playoffs. We've got quality at WR anyway, and we're not desperate for the wins.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Losing Martin will offset the gain on defense even with Irving and Lee.

Austin is not going to be the ultimate x factor, well not very likely. Chances are slim to none.

Martin > Irving, Lee, esp without Fred and a banged up Tyron.

Who do we even have backing up our o-line?