Henry apparently hit 21.80 mph on his 75 yarder

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Henry is fun to watch in that offense. Not sure how he would be in a Moore offense getting handoffs standing still beside QB.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Henry is fun to watch in that offense. Not sure how he would be in a Moore offense getting handoffs standing still beside QB.

It would look a lot like what we see from Zeke most of the time when taking handoffs from that position. Unproductive. In fact because he's even less quick and agile than Zeke I could argue it would be worse. Fortunately for him Mike Vrabel and Co. have not fallen in love with this shotgun all the time nonsense when you have a great downhill back in your backfield.

Proof

Reaction score
I also know that they gave Henry 70 yards after contact on the long TD run because a defender's pinky grazed him.. Watch the games man.. don't rely on the stat geeks..

you can miss me with that. i watch football bruh.

Proof

Reaction score
Because Henry has the same quality wr lineup, right,?
They've not been using zeke as much because they don't have to.

odd time to use that argument considering dallas has been really focusing on running the ball and zeke is a whisker away from 2nd. i just thought it was a wild stat

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Making him the fastest ball carrier in the NFL this year. As I have been saying to people all year.. Nobody gets to full speed until they've run at least 50-60 yards. If anybody here is going to now argue that Derrick Henry is faster than Tyreke Hill, John Ross, DK Metcalf and the like I got some beachfront property in Arizona I'd like to sell ya. Henry hit that speed because he was able to run 70 yards without being touched. There are 30 guys in the league who could run faster if they got to run the same distance untouched. But that doesn't change the fact that Henry was haulin *** on that run!!! That dude is a beast.
NFL zone! He's not a Cowboy so why is it allowed on the fanzone?

Proof

Reaction score
Then why come with such a flawed statistic like it means something?

because i found it interesting and relevant to the conversation and directly to the post i replied to. no different than your quest to validate top end speed

RaZon

Reaction score
How did Zeke get in this he was never a speed back so...? Tony Dorsett speed back, Emmitt a no, Herschel a yes.

Of course we did draft the fastest RB of all time Bullet Bob Hayes, but converted him to a WR.

We also had a cat out of Oregon Amos Marsh a.9.5guy.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
because i found it interesting and relevant to the conversation and directly to the post i replied to. no different than your quest to validate top end speed

The point of my post was that a guy who is probably no better than top 50-ish among speedsters among NFL players hit the highest clocked speed for this season because he ran far enough without being touched. It was basically an 80 yard sprint.. Well 70 if you count the "contact" with that one defender's pinky. The point of that is that all this gnashing of teeth over some guy's top end speed when he has not had a run of that length is stoopid. Maybe there are a handful of guys who can reach top speed by 40-50 yards but there are not many.. and I'd wager neither Zeke nor Pollard (nor Henry) are among them. It's just the way human sprinting works.. The fastest people who have ever lived did not hit their top speed until 60-70 meters. Yet every other day we have people here complaining that guys can't hit their top speed in 20-25 yards while dodging other large human beings. THAT is the fallacy against which this post is intended to rail.

RaZon

Reaction score
The point of my post was that a guy who is probably no better than top 50-ish among speedsters among NFL players hit the highest clocked speed for this season because he ran far enough without being touched. It was basically an 80 yard sprint.. Well 70 if you count the "contact" with that one defender's pinky. The point of that is that all this gnashing of teeth over some guy's top end speed when he has not had a run of that length is stoopid. Maybe there are a handful of guys who can reach top speed by 40-50 yards but there are not many.. and I'd wager neither Zeke nor Pollard (nor Henry) are among them. It's just the way human sprinting works.. The fastest people who have ever lived did not hit their top speed until 60-70 meters. Yet every other day we have people here complaining that guys can't hit their top speed in 20-25 yards while dodging other large human beings. THAT is the fallacy against which this post is intended to rail.

A non fast guy who would struggle running a 100 yards probably is out after 40ish, but guys in the speed business it's 60ish.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Amen.. Henry is probably my favorite non-Cowboy to watch play. I just love the running game in general and watching that beast go hamm on teams just warms my heart. I love the fact that the Titans will keep giving him the ball for all four quarters regardless of whether he is racking up big yards along the way. I will never forget that Seattle game where he had like 50 yards on his first 25 carries.. then took the 26th carry 60 yards to the house. I miss the days when we used to do that with Zeke. But I get it.. Too many times our defense doesn't keep the games close enough to stick with the running game and when we need to play catchup our QB and receivers are the better option.. For the Titans, even when they're behind, Henry is still their best option. Sure his usage rate is probably going to catch up to him at some point but as you said, we should just enjoy and appreciate him while we can.
well, that must be a day circled on the calendar since he has one 60yd TD in his career

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Psst! Zeke hits 21.80 mph motioning with his "Feed Me" gesture.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
well, that must be a day circled on the calendar since he has one 60yd TD in his career

I'm not sure what you're saying here. What I am referring to is the willingness to stick with the run despite having only marginal success early in games. The 60 yard run thing was mainly to illustrate the payoff that determination can give. Again not saying we should always be happy to keep handing Zeke the ball 30 times no matter what.. because our offense has more weapons than the Titans. But that does nothing to diminish my admiration for how they run their offense. I like watching the big man rumble!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I’m sure there where multiple I was a Zeke guy all the way cause of romo and the situation at the time

I was on record stating I'd be fine with either. Put either guy behind the line we had at that time and you had an perennial NFL rushing champ contender. I will say I leaned towards Zeke because he had the more well rounded game.. His hands were outstanding and he was a serious problem as a receiver. I didn't even factor in his blitz pickup until I saw it first hand.. I am more than fine with us having Zeke.. especially now with Moore calling plays.. I don't think Henry could function in this offense and the number of times Zeke and Pollard are having to break tackles in the backfield would have people screaming that Henry is a big stiff because if you can get him in the backfield the play is usually over.. Not always.. Sometimes he will throw a tackler off like a chump and get positive yards but usually if you get penetration and get him before he gets up to speed you're going to be okay. Of course you can say that about just about every back that ever lived except maybe Barry Sanders.

RaZon

Reaction score
Anything under 22 isn't all that fast when talking fast guys. Jonathan Taylor over 22 MPH.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This thread is so hilariously misguided.

21.8 isn’t sustained speed it indicates his maximum. To think you need 75 yards to reach your maximum speed is silly.

LittleLexodus

Reaction score
I'm happy with Zeke's game so far this season. He's clearly put in the work to limit his fumbles and be a better leader.

It's obvious that Henry isn't the fastest guy in the league but it was a perfect storm to hit that speed last night.

We are blessed to have #20 and 21 in the backfield.